News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno

"Why do we have a Second Amendment? It's not to shoot deer. It's to shoot at the government when it becomes tyrannical!" --Rand Paul

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/746022114042478592
Formerly something else...

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 14, 2017, 07:58:22 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on June 14, 2017, 07:55:01 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 14, 2017, 07:50:54 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on June 14, 2017, 07:50:27 PM
Apparently shooter was a Sanders supporter according to CNN.

Close enough.

Jill Stein voter, I heard.  Half a dozen of one, six of the other.

Still comes down to left wing loon with a gun either way.

Choice of target is a little odd, never even heard of the guy shot until now. Surely there's a heap of better targets if you're going to pull shit like this?

He's an asshole, no qualms about saying that.

But he's not in the McConnell/Ryan/Sessions league of assholes.

Exactly, it's just another asshole in a sea of them. Unless there's some kind of personal link between them it just strikes me as a very odd target.

Off his meds wouldn't be a surprise result really. The shooter is apparently dead so we'll get his life in gory detail soon enough.

It's also another notch on the "people going after political figures" stick.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

He is the House Majority Whip, and has backed Trump 100% on everything he has done, and has a history of courting white supremacist groups.

I can see why someone local would find him a tempting target.  He's basically a mini-Trump.

In other news, since Comey was sacked, Trump himself has been under investigation for obstruction of justice.

The Wizard Joseph

I recall reading somewhere that he asked a passerby in the  parking lot prior to the shooting if it was Republicans or Democrats practicing.

It may just be that none of those hit were intended because of their person, just their party. The good news, for them, is that he wasn't a great shot.

... that's just about the only good news. I do find it fucked that when Gifford and company were gunned down they didn't stop the wheels of government for a whole day as happened today. Not much else to say.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Junkenstein

"Greatest witch hunt in US history" says idiot.

Joe McCarthy wants a word.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cain

Quote from: Hoopla on June 16, 2017, 05:13:35 AM
Quote from: Cain on June 16, 2017, 12:01:34 AM
Pence is hiring outside legal help

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/pence-hires-outside-counsel-to-deal-with-russia-probe-inquiries/2017/06/15/c40ef55c-51f5-11e7-a973-3dae94ed3eb7_story.html?tid=ss_fb&utm_term=.23967684a357

Screams innocent to me.

Could be he doesn't believe Trump's lawyer wont throw him under a bus.  I'd worry about that, in his position.  Then again, I don't believe Pence is anywhere as innocent as he's making out either...

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on June 16, 2017, 08:46:18 AM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/pence-hires-outside-counsel-to-deal-with-russia-probe-inquiries/2017/06/15/c40ef55c-51f5-11e7-a973-3dae94ed3eb7_story.html?tid=ss_fb&utm_term=.23967684a357

Screams innocent to me.

Could be he doesn't believe Trump's lawyer wont throw him under a bus.  I'd worry about that, in his position.  Then again, I don't believe Pence is anywhere as innocent as he's making out either...

Idiots attorney has also hired a lawyer.

Nothing screams innocent like your lawyer lawyering up.

00.dusk

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 16, 2017, 07:40:41 PM

Screams innocent to me.

Are you fucking serious. I can't find this, can you link?

Bruno

Formerly something else...

Cain

Quote from: 00.dusk on June 16, 2017, 09:12:28 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on June 16, 2017, 07:40:41 PM

Screams innocent to me.

Are you fucking serious. I can't find this, can you link?

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/338139-trumps-personal-lawyer-hires-attorney-report

QuotePresident Trump's personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, has hired his own attorney as the special counsel investigation into Russian election interference progresses, NBC News reported Friday.

Cohen has hired Washington, D.C., attorney Stephen M. Ryan, according to NBC's Katy Tur.

A source told Tur that Cohen will testify before the House Intelligence Committee on Sept. 5, adding that the testimony was delayed due to "scheduling and logistics."

00.dusk

God. Daamn. It seems like time to place bets on /something/ but /what/? I have no clue.