News:

That's okay, I know how to turn my washing machine into a centrifuge if need be.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Deputy AG Rosenstein may also have to recuse himself from the investigation.  As the special counsel is now investigating the potential obstruction of justice in addition to the Russia allegations, and Rosenstein may be called upon as a witness to the former, he cannot continue to preside over a case he is involved with.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on June 16, 2017, 09:18:22 PM
Quote from: 00.dusk on June 16, 2017, 09:12:28 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on June 16, 2017, 07:40:41 PM
Quote from: Cain on June 16, 2017, 08:46:18 AM
Quote from: Hoopla on June 16, 2017, 05:13:35 AM
Quote from: Cain on June 16, 2017, 12:01:34 AM
Pence is hiring outside legal help

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/pence-hires-outside-counsel-to-deal-with-russia-probe-inquiries/2017/06/15/c40ef55c-51f5-11e7-a973-3dae94ed3eb7_story.html?tid=ss_fb&utm_term=.23967684a357

Screams innocent to me.

Could be he doesn't believe Trump's lawyer wont throw him under a bus.  I'd worry about that, in his position.  Then again, I don't believe Pence is anywhere as innocent as he's making out either...

Idiots attorney has also hired a lawyer.

Nothing screams innocent like your lawyer lawyering up.

Are you fucking serious. I can't find this, can you link?

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/338139-trumps-personal-lawyer-hires-attorney-report

QuotePresident Trump's personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, has hired his own attorney as the special counsel investigation into Russian election interference progresses, NBC News reported Friday.

Cohen has hired Washington, D.C., attorney Stephen M. Ryan, according to NBC's Katy Tur.

A source told Tur that Cohen will testify before the House Intelligence Committee on Sept. 5, adding that the testimony was delayed due to "scheduling and logistics."

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/16/politics/michael-cohen-hires-attorney-russia-investigations/index.html
QuoteFormer Trump campaign aide Michael Caputo has also hired Dennis Vacco, a former New York attorney general and US attorney, to represent him in the matters, a source familiar with the situation said.

Mueller is up to 13 lawyers on his side, if anyone's keeping count.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

00.dusk

Quote from: Cain on June 16, 2017, 09:26:16 PM
Deputy AG Rosenstein may also have to recuse himself from the investigation.  As the special counsel is now investigating the potential obstruction of justice in addition to the Russia allegations, and Rosenstein may be called upon as a witness to the former, he cannot continue to preside over a case he is involved with.

If that occurs, what does that mean WRT Trump potentially trying to bury Mueller?

One of the few avenues I see talked about involves him going to Rosenstein. If Rosenstein recuses himself /after/ appointing the counsel, does the counsel have any Justice Dept official with the authority to shitcan him? Does /anyone/ have the authority to can him without doing particularly weird and potentially illegal things in that situation?

I kind of like the idea of a judicial secret police aimed at keeping the top leadership honest.

Junkenstein

QuoteOne of the few avenues I see talked about involves him going to Rosenstein. If Rosenstein recuses himself /after/ appointing the counsel, does the counsel have any Justice Dept official with the authority to shitcan him? Does /anyone/ have the authority to can him without doing particularly weird and potentially illegal things in that situation?

I doubt this is now possible without a mini-constitutional crisis. Whoever is directly under Rosenstein would have to start it or potentially risk charges themselves for failure to do so when their underling does.

I'd say there's big hints about how this is expected to go with everyone grabbing lawyers and hearings on the matters are scheduled in a variety of ways from now till god knows when. It'll reach a point where idiot is just "that guy who is squatting in the white house" and he'll be treated as an irrelevance. Anything he does probably only adds to the case(s) against him at this point.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

00.dusk

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 17, 2017, 01:06:43 AM
QuoteOne of the few avenues I see talked about involves him going to Rosenstein. If Rosenstein recuses himself /after/ appointing the counsel, does the counsel have any Justice Dept official with the authority to shitcan him? Does /anyone/ have the authority to can him without doing particularly weird and potentially illegal things in that situation?

I doubt this is now possible without a mini-constitutional crisis. Whoever is directly under Rosenstein would have to start it or potentially risk charges themselves for failure to do so when their underling does.

I'd say there's big hints about how this is expected to go with everyone grabbing lawyers and hearings on the matters are scheduled in a variety of ways from now till god knows when. It'll reach a point where idiot is just "that guy who is squatting in the white house" and he'll be treated as an irrelevance. Anything he does probably only adds to the case(s) against him at this point.

Trump is already an irrelevance. The past two days or so, news about him is his impotent twitter-flailing or side-mentions in articles about everyone else lawyering up -- and Mueller gearing up to stick his dick in Trump's bank account.

Two full days.

He barely exists at this point, everything going on is so much bigger than the Bad Hair.

Cain

Quote from: 00.dusk on June 17, 2017, 12:36:58 AM
Quote from: Cain on June 16, 2017, 09:26:16 PM

If that occurs, what does that mean WRT Trump potentially trying to bury Mueller?

One of the few avenues I see talked about involves him going to Rosenstein. If Rosenstein recuses himself /after/ appointing the counsel, does the counsel have any Justice Dept official with the authority to shitcan him? Does /anyone/ have the authority to can him without doing particularly weird and potentially illegal things in that situation?

I kind of like the idea of a judicial secret police aimed at keeping the top leadership honest.

I believe it goes to the next person down the chain from Deputy AG Rosenstein, whoever that is.  I think that would be the Associate Attorney General, Rachel Brand.

As for firing, the President can himself fire the Special Counsel at any time, or order the Attorney General to do so.  Trump has been considering doing so.  However, Congress can pass a motion to reinstate a special counsel, if they so choose.  It also makes the President look guilty as fuck, which may be the only factor which has prevented him from doing it so far.

Junkenstein

Ken Starr has popped up in the odd interview. Interesting talking head as once did a similar process that led to Bill Clinton's woes. That investigation started about property and ended with Monica Lewinsky. So it gives an idea about where this whole thing with Mueller can potentially go, which is practically fucking anywhere.

QuoteIt also makes the President look guilty as fuck, which may be the only factor which has prevented him from doing it so far.

I'll have a fiver on it happening though. Sooner or later idiot will lose any self control he has on the issue and do it anyway. Probably around the time that lying MSM starts declaring him "obviously guilty of REDACTED".

Bruno

I fully expect him to stir up as much shit as he possibly can on his way out, and after -- way after, even. It will be an integral part of his brand. He'll play that tune till the day he dies, and leave it for his children to inherit for their personal and political gain.

And then there's all the classified info he has access to. Who know what he's learned, and how he'll use it to his advantage after he's out.
Formerly something else...

hooplala

Here's the thing... once idiot is out, whether it is in a standard manner or impeachment, we are NEVER GOING TO HEAR THE END of how unfair it all was, and how no president in history had it as hard as him. For as long as he lives. Just non fucking stop.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Junkenstein

Quote from: 00.dusk on June 16, 2017, 09:22:14 PM
God. Daamn. It seems like time to place bets on /something/ but /what/? I have no clue.

Well there's a few things. The first one is "which idiot ally with knowledge will choose to cooperate for immunity first". My money's on Flynn for that one.

The second is when will the lawyers lawyer get his own lawyer? I reckon start of August for that, quietly. If I remember correctly, lawyer/client privilege covers a lot but serious shit like treason is exempt and a duty to report kicks in. Not a lawyer etc. I'm sure we'll be hearing plenty from them in the future.

Cain

Confirmed Associate Attorney General is next in line.  Also confirmed she is a massive Ted Cruz supporter.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 17, 2017, 03:42:53 AM
Quote from: 00.dusk on June 16, 2017, 09:22:14 PM
God. Daamn. It seems like time to place bets on /something/ but /what/? I have no clue.

Well there's a few things. The first one is "which idiot ally with knowledge will choose to cooperate for immunity first". My money's on Flynn for that one.

The second is when will the lawyers lawyer get his own lawyer? I reckon start of August for that, quietly. If I remember correctly, lawyer/client privilege covers a lot but serious shit like treason is exempt and a duty to report kicks in. Not a lawyer etc. I'm sure we'll be hearing plenty from them in the future.

Based on my extensive knowledge of the legal system, which I earned by watching The People's Court as a kid and also hearing legal-sounding jargon on random episodes of three different Law & Order series, I think lawyers will start resigning their posts if it ever looks like the T word starts being bandied about by serious people.

That said, I would be legitimately shocked if it ever gets even half that far. Impeachment (even without conviction in the Senate) is still a long ways off ,politically, and impeachment isn't a criminal justice thing. And if it ever gets that far, there's no reason to think they'll pursue criminal charges of any kind afterward, let alone Treason.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 16, 2017, 07:40:41 PM
Quote from: Cain on June 16, 2017, 08:46:18 AM
Quote from: Hoopla on June 16, 2017, 05:13:35 AM
Quote from: Cain on June 16, 2017, 12:01:34 AM
Pence is hiring outside legal help

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/pence-hires-outside-counsel-to-deal-with-russia-probe-inquiries/2017/06/15/c40ef55c-51f5-11e7-a973-3dae94ed3eb7_story.html?tid=ss_fb&utm_term=.23967684a357

Screams innocent to me.

Could be he doesn't believe Trump's lawyer wont throw him under a bus.  I'd worry about that, in his position.  Then again, I don't believe Pence is anywhere as innocent as he's making out either...

Idiots attorney has also hired a lawyer.

Nothing screams innocent like your lawyer lawyering up.

Yo dawg, I heard you like lawyers...
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hoopla on June 17, 2017, 02:16:03 AM
Here's the thing... once idiot is out, whether it is in a standard manner or impeachment, we are NEVER GOING TO HEAR THE END of how unfair it all was, and how no president in history had it as hard as him. For as long as he lives. Just non fucking stop.

Even if he goes to prison, he'll probably write a book called something like "FRAMED: The Most Persecuted Man in America Speaks".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."