News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

The WH is allegedly mulling more strikes in Syria and possibly attacks on Iran.

As I'm sure you recall, the last bombing of Syria and Afghanistan led to nearly orgasmic praise from the press.  It was actually disgusting to watch.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on July 01, 2017, 12:34:53 AM

As I'm sure you recall, the last bombing of Syria and Afghanistan led to nearly orgasmic praise from the press.  It was actually disgusting to watch.

Iran?

Jesus H Christ.  It's like having monkeys specifically trained to brake hard on the freeway.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 01, 2017, 11:47:16 AM

Iran?

Jesus H Christ.  It's like having monkeys specifically trained to brake hard on the freeway.

"I heard Obama was pro-Westphalia, so I'm, like, really really anti-Westphalia and everything that goes along with that -- which is really bad, by the way, so bad -- because I'm, you know, much smarter and more statesmanlike."
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 01, 2017, 11:47:16 AM

Iran?

Just to make you feel even better, the plan was put together by allies of General Flynn on the NSC and were so crazy that noted Iran hawks McMasters and Mattis refused to sign off on them.

00.dusk

The best part about this administration by now is that it makes the violently insane people ditch their pet projects.  :lulz:

If you can get Mattis and McMasters to say "no" to an excuse to march into Iran on a road of bones, you can do /anything/, as long as its the exact opposite of what you want most.

00.dusk

By way of example: Same thing is also happening with AHCA -- everyone's balking and passing the hot potato now that it looks like re-election is less important than not being stoned to death on public television for the deaths of millions. Trump goes, "Repeal it now!" And as near as I can tell there's a lot of sweaty foreheads and "Oh, gee, I dunno boss," in reply.

tyrannosaurus vex

Most presidents end up being out of touch with something, but never before has a president managed to be out of touch with literally everything and everyone, including himself.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 01, 2017, 12:24:46 AM
And now thanks to yet more ill advised social media use, multiple media outlets are again questioning trumps mental health and/or intellect and capabilities. So idiot instead of apologising or backtracking, gibbers on about North Korea.

I'm starting to think this is all just attention whoring on a never before seen scale. It would be interesting to see what a 48 hour lack of interest would result in. Probable results of a media blackout could be hilarious. This looks like an ego so fragile I wouldn't rule out starting a war just to force people to pretend he's actually still relevant at this point.

This is kinda brilliant

Cain

Quote from: 00.dusk on July 01, 2017, 04:42:36 PM
The best part about this administration by now is that it makes the violently insane people ditch their pet projects.  :lulz:

If you can get Mattis and McMasters to say "no" to an excuse to march into Iran on a road of bones, you can do /anything/, as long as its the exact opposite of what you want most.

It was an insane plan.  The essence of it was to start the war against Iran in Syria, fighting Iranian troops and Shiite militias (including Hezbollah) in the area.

Which totally wouldn't lead to the conflict engulfing Lebanon and Iraq, or drawing Russia into direct conflict against America, or causing the Syrian government to collapse, or reducing pressure on ISIS and the hardline rebel factions who would surge in the chaos.  I can see why Mattis said "fuck no".

Junkenstein

Quote from: Bu☆ns on July 01, 2017, 06:21:42 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on July 01, 2017, 12:24:46 AM
And now thanks to yet more ill advised social media use, multiple media outlets are again questioning trumps mental health and/or intellect and capabilities. So idiot instead of apologising or backtracking, gibbers on about North Korea.

I'm starting to think this is all just attention whoring on a never before seen scale. It would be interesting to see what a 48 hour lack of interest would result in. Probable results of a media blackout could be hilarious. This looks like an ego so fragile I wouldn't rule out starting a war just to force people to pretend he's actually still relevant at this point.

This is kinda brilliant

It appeals to me. To be frank I'm sick of the news being little more than idiot and brexit as it means I must be missing heaps of shady shit that's actually of consequence.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Brother Mythos

"The Trump University case isn't over. An attorney on the case explains what's next."

As per the article:

"In a nutshell: The Ninth Circuit will have to decide if it's okay, under the due process clause of the US Constitution and the federal class-action rules, to do what the settlement did here: promise people you're going to let them opt out of any settlement and then later renege on that promise. That's the main issue. We also argue that class members should be able to see the terms of any settlement before they have to give up their claims forever."

Here's the link: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/7/2/15900598/trump-university-lawsuit-explained-deepak-gupta

This could be interesting.
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I saw a report he's working on a Trade War, which was opposed by almost all of his cabinet. It's probably FAKE NEWS though, since everyone in the cabinet is so honored and grateful to have the opportunity to to work for him.  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

What are the odds on the end of the world this x-day now that president cuckoo bananas is in power?
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Cain

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on July 03, 2017, 05:51:10 PM
I saw a report he's working on a Trade War, which was opposed by almost all of his cabinet. It's probably FAKE NEWS though, since everyone in the cabinet is so honored and grateful to have the opportunity to to work for him.  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

A 45% tariff on Chinese steel?  It's insane. China's retaliation would bring Silicon Valley to its knees - and they'd do it, to show the costs of fucking them around.  They'd make Apple squeal in agony, just to get them onside to oppose the tariffs.

Brother Mythos

"Bannon Pushes to Hike Taxes on Wealthy"

As per this short article:

"Steve Bannon is causing a stir inside the administration by pushing an idea that's anathema to most Republicans: raising taxes on the wealthiest Americans to pay for steep middle and working-class tax cuts. (Some officials who've heard Bannon's idea think it's crazy, but the President's chief strategist believes it's a potent populist idea.)"

Here's the link: https://politicalwire.com/2017/07/03/bannon-pushes-hike-taxes-wealthy/

So, what exactly is the current GOP punishment for heresy?
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.