News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 07, 2017, 01:47:58 AM
Quote from: Cain on July 06, 2017, 04:12:30 PM
That's true, reading is hard.

Who knew it could be so complicated?

With idiot you also have to acknowledge that his brain has a limited imagination and needs flashing pictures to work it. At this point I assume bannon has him watching TV 6+ hours a day in the comfy chair from clockwork orange.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Brother Mythos

"BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes"

Yes, I think Chris Uhlmann nailed it, and it ain't pretty!

Here's the link: http://crooksandliars.com/2017/07/brutal-australian-journalist-sums-trumps
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

Cain

Looks like Trump Jr just admitted to attempted collusion with the Russian government.

1.  Trump Jr admits meeting with the Russian lawyer because she said she had information pertaining to Clinton.
2.  Trump Jr was told in an email that the information this lawyer had came from the Russian government.

Quote from: New York TimesWASHINGTON — Before arranging a meeting with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer he believed would offer him compromising information about Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump Jr. was informed in an email that the material was part of a Russian government effort to aid his father's candidacy, according to three people with knowledge of the email.

The email to the younger Mr. Trump was sent by Rob Goldstone, a publicist and former British tabloid reporter who helped broker the June 2016 meeting. In a statement on Sunday, Mr. Trump acknowledged that he was interested in receiving damaging information about Mrs. Clinton, but gave no indication that he thought the lawyer might have been a Kremlin proxy.

Mr. Goldstone's message, as described to The New York Times by the three people, indicates that the Russian government was the source of the potentially damaging information. It does not elaborate on the wider effort by Moscow to help the Trump campaign.

The Russian lawyer was working on behalf of Emin Agalarov, a Russian-Azerbaijani businessman/singer and associate of Trump (Trump even appeared in one of his music videos).  However, more important is his father, Aras Agalarov, who has acted as a go-between for Putin and Trump before now.

According to the Steele dossier:

QuoteTwo knowledgeable St Petersburg sources claim Republican candidate TRUMP has paid bribes and engaged in sexual activities there but key witnesses silenced and evidence hard to obtain

- Both believe Azeri business associate of TRUMP, Araz AGALAROV will know the details
1. Speaking to a trusted compatriot in September 2016, two well-placed sources based in St Petersburg, one in the political/business elite and the other involved in the local services and tourist industry, commented on Republican US presidential candidate Donald prior activities in the city.

2. Both knew TRUMP had visited St Petersburg on several occasions in the past and had been interested in doing business deals there involving real estate. The local business/political elite figure reported that TRUMP had paid bribes there to further his interests but very discreetly and only through affiliated companies, making it very hard to prove. The local services industry source reported that TRUMP had participated in sex parties in the city too, but that all direct witnesses to this recently had been "silenced" i.e. bribed or coerced to disappear.

3. The two St Petersburg figures cited believed an Azeri business figure, Araz AGALAROV (with offices in Baku and London) had been closely involved with TRUMP in Russia and would know most of the details of what the Republican presidential candidate had got up to there

Faust

Well that's irrefutable proof of Russian tampering in the election, surprised Jr admitted it. Even if it's not a smoking gun proving his dad knew about it, it verifies everything Comey said, and makes trumps attempt to shut down the investigation look far worse. Having been used to Berlusconi and years and years of scandal without anything happening, is there any hope this can start the impeachment process?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

Not likely, unfortunately.  I think Trump's congressional allies would need a lot more in the way of verification and proof before starting anything like that.  And they'd probably want to wait for the Special Counsel to finish their investigation first.

I can think of at least several things with this that I'd want verification or clarification on to start impeachment proceedings, and that's as someone who wants to see Trump gone.  Trump was present at the Trump Towers on the day this meeting took place.  Was he present?  Is Mr Goldstone's claim accurate, can it be linked to any known efforts to influence the election or key players associated with such attempts?  Was Trump informed at any point before or after the meeting that an offer to help swing the election, from a purported agent of the Russian government, was made?  At what point did Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort leave these talks?  Were there any discussions regarding the repeal of the Magnitsky Act, and do these discussions constitute a violation of the Logan Act?

It's super fucking damning, from a political perspective, but it's still not enough legally.

The Good Reverend Roger

What makes this particularly foul is that the prize for victory is President Pence.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 12, 2017, 01:11:46 AM
What makes this particularly foul is that the prize for victory is President Pence.

It's assholes all the way down. Honestly at this point I'd prefer the buffoon who can't get anything done at all due to public outrage over any one of the assholes standing in line to pick up the pieces while all the idiots on the Left are taking a nap after a "job well done".
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on July 12, 2017, 02:48:28 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 12, 2017, 01:11:46 AM

It's assholes all the way down. Honestly at this point I'd prefer the buffoon who can't get anything done at all due to public outrage over any one of the assholes standing in line to pick up the pieces while all the idiots on the Left are taking a nap after a "job well done".

Exactly this.  Trump cannot stick to the script; Pence would be an abomination.

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Cain

Unless Pence gets snared in the investigation somehow, President Pence is always a possibility.  He's already laying the groundwork for an independent Presidential campaign - perhaps in 2020, if Trump gets taken down, but quite possibly 2024 as well.  That's a done deal - he's already hobnobbing with wealthy donors and meeting with influential groups within the Republican Party.

I'm more worried what game Steve Bannon is playing.  If Bannon is the source of some of these leaks, as I suspect he might be...beyond cutting off Trump from all advisers barring himself, I'm not sure what he thinks he is achieving.  And that worries me.

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

I never bought into this.  But if the Special Counsel is investigating, I may have to reconsider:

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/article160803619.html

QuoteInvestigators at the House and Senate Intelligence committees and the Justice Department are examining whether the Trump campaign's digital operation – overseen by Jared Kushner – helped guide Russia's sophisticated voter targeting and fake news attacks on Hillary Clinton in 2016.

Congressional and Justice Department investigators are focusing on whether Trump's campaign pointed Russian cyber operatives to certain voting jurisdictions in key states – areas where Trump's digital team and Republican operatives were spotting unexpected weakness in voter support for Hillary Clinton, according to several people familiar with the parallel inquiries.

The Good Reverend Roger

Cain

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/report-gop-operative-cited-flynn-clinton-emails-suicide

QuotePeter W. Smith, the Republican operative who sought to obtain and publicize emails he thought were stolen from Hillary Clinton's private server, committed suicide days after he told a reporter about his efforts, according to the Chicago Tribune.

The Chicago Tribune reported Thursday night, citing a Minnesota state death record filed in Olmsted County, that Smith killed himself on May 14 days after he talked to the Wall Street Journal about his hunt for Clinton's emails. That account was also included in a medical examiner's report and a Rochester police report, according to the Tribune.

Smith left a statement police referred to as a suicide note, according to the report, in which he said there was "NO FOUL PLAY WHATSOEVER" involved in his death.