News:

PD.com: "I'M MADDER THAN FISH GREASE!"

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

His start date was August 15th according to the White House, so he has -15 days in office.  Does that mean he needs to pay the American people a cheque?

QueenThera

http://huffp.st/ur3xn1q

Evidently there was some real big stuff going on during the Mooch fiasco.
Often incoherent. Tends to ramble on about various topics.
Hopes to get beyond that.

Formerly BrotherPrickle

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on August 01, 2017, 10:50:29 AM
His start date was August 15th according to the White House, so he has -15 days in office.  Does that mean he needs to pay the American people a cheque?

I stand corrected.

I have been here like 15 years and I still get owned when I challenge you.  I will one day learn.

BUT TODAY IS NOT THAT DAY!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

I got it wrong initially too.  Fortunately the political junkies I follow on Twitter (ie; people who are all terrorism professionals yet tweet endlessly about Trump) set me straight.

Bu🤠ns

http://potusstaff.com/coequally-duplicit-branch-of-government.html

Now i'm not one to fully trust this group but they do bring up an interesting point.

In short they're suggesting the president is going to pocket veto the Russian sanctions by simply waiting out until congress recesses.  Then they repubs can go back to their constituents talking about how they oppose election meddling but still fall in line.

ETA: and he just signed it.  so nm folks

Bu🤠ns

Trump Signs Russian Sanctions Into Law, With Caveats

WASHINGTON — President Trump signed legislation on Wednesday imposing sanctions on Russia and limiting his own authority to lift them, but asserted that the measure included "a number of clearly unconstitutional provisions" and left open the possibility that he might choose not to enforce them as lawmakers intended.

QuoteBut a signing statement released by the president raised questions about how he would observe the requirements in the measure.

In particular, he objected to Congress interfering with the president's power to set foreign policy by imposing waiting periods before he can suspend or remove sanctions and by effectively subverting his right to recognize foreign governments, including their territorial boundaries, clearly a reference to Russia's seizure of Crimea from Ukraine.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Brother Mythos on July 29, 2017, 02:10:31 PM
I don't know the reputation of the 'researchers,' so I wouldn't accept the following article at face value. Still, I did find it amusing.

"What do Trump's tweets say about his personality?"

"Researchers analyze tweets of Donald J. Trump and compare his personality traits with other influential business leaders"

As per the article (bold type mine): "Their results indicate that Trump is indeed a distinct type of person who shows strong features of a so-called Schumpeterian personality that is said to be typical of successful entrepreneurs. This personality was described by Joseph Schumpeter in the 1930s as being very creative, change-orientated, competitive and rule-breaking. The analysis further indicates that Trump has neurotic tendencies, and experiences underlying low well-being."

Here's the link: http://www.springer.com/gp/about-springer/media/research-news/all-english-research-news/what-do-trump-s-tweets-say-about-his-personality--/13326212

What do you want to bet that "Schumpeterian personality" turns out have basically the same definition as one of the Cluster B personality disorders?
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

POFP

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on August 02, 2017, 05:58:47 PM
Quote from: Brother Mythos on July 29, 2017, 02:10:31 PM
I don't know the reputation of the 'researchers,' so I wouldn't accept the following article at face value. Still, I did find it amusing.

"What do Trump's tweets say about his personality?"

"Researchers analyze tweets of Donald J. Trump and compare his personality traits with other influential business leaders"

As per the article (bold type mine): "Their results indicate that Trump is indeed a distinct type of person who shows strong features of a so-called Schumpeterian personality that is said to be typical of successful entrepreneurs. This personality was described by Joseph Schumpeter in the 1930s as being very creative, change-orientated, competitive and rule-breaking. The analysis further indicates that Trump has neurotic tendencies, and experiences underlying low well-being."

Here's the link: http://www.springer.com/gp/about-springer/media/research-news/all-english-research-news/what-do-trump-s-tweets-say-about-his-personality--/13326212

What do you want to bet that "Schumpeterian personality" turns out have basically the same definition as one of the Cluster B personality disorders?

1.) Cluster B Personality disorders vary widely across each of the Big Five Personality traits - the traits that were measured in the study Brother Mythos linked to.
2.) The implication that one can detect if Trump (Or anyone else, for that matter) is likely to have any type of disorder by simply measuring his Big Five Personality traits is absurd, because they are too general and unspecific to implicate symptoms outlined in the DSM.
3.) The "Schumpeterian Personality" is simply a configuration of the Big Five Personality traits that they've found to be in successful entrepreneurs. If anything, the article is a compliment to Trump, implying that he'd be a successful entrepreneur, assuming he wasn't already rich, and assuming he is even what Schumpeter would consider an Entrepreneur, which he is not.

Schumpeter insisted that there was a difference between an entrepreneur and a capitalist (Or what we often refer to as an entrepreneur these days). An entrepreneur was said by Schumpeter to be someone who was an industry expert, who managed multiple levels and columns of a business at once. A guy who pays other people to do all of the thinking is not an entrepreneur according to the Economist they are quoting and referencing. Such would be a Capitalist.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Brother Mythos

"Former Trump adviser Carter Page under FISA warrant since 2014: Report"

As per the article: "Carter Page, a foreign policy adviser to during President Trump's campaign, has been the subject of a foreign surveillance warrant since 2014."

"It was previously reported that Page had been under surveillance since last summer, after he left the campaign."

Here's the link: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/former-trump-adviser-carter-page-under-fisa-warrant-since-2014-report/article/2630576

So, Special Counsel Robert Mueller may already have a lot of wiretap information in hand in his investigation of the inner workings of the Trump Crime Family.
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

Cain

We know that Carter Page was being handled by an "attache" at the Russian Embassy in Washington.  And even he thought Page was an idiot, as per an email exchange he had with a colleague (in the same conversation he noted that Page was in and out of Moscow more than he was).

The chances of Page having done something incriminating without leaving an evidence trail is practically zero.

Bu🤠ns

Trump Has Quietly Accomplished More Than It Appears
The chaos, legislative fumbling, and legal jeopardy should not obscure the ways that the administration is remaking federal policy in consequential ways.

QuoteWith the Trump administration's chaos sucking up all the attention, it's been able to move forward on a range of its priorities, which tend to be more focused on regulatory matters anyway. It is remaking the justice system, rewriting environmental rules, overhauling public-lands administration, and greenlighting major infrastructure projects. It is appointing figures who will guarantee the triumph of its ideological vision for decades to come.

Cain

BTW, a NSC staffer was basically parrotting Breivik until McMasters shitcanned him

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/08/a-national-security-council-staffer-is-forced-out-over-a-controversial-memo/535725/

You seriously need to read this.  An NSC staffer wrote an official memo (which Trump may have read), alleging that Marxists, Islamists, bankers and the "deep state" are trying to take Trump down through "Maoist insurgent warfare".

Freeky

If trump DID read that, it's worrying. He's seeming like the type who believes things that are equal to or more intense than his own world view.

Bruno

On the plus side, I doubt Trump has the attention span to make it past the first paragraph of that memo.
Formerly something else...