News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Ah, "my enemies have grown a brain, I must burn down everything."  Yeah, I can see that.

Bu🤠ns

A New Report Raises Big Questions About Last Year's DNC Hack
Former NSA experts say it wasn't a hack at all, but a leak—an inside job by someone with access to the DNC's system.
By Patrick Lawrence

QuoteThere was no hack of the Democratic National Committee's system on July 5 last year—not by the Russians, not by anyone else. Hard science now demonstrates it was a leak—a download executed locally with a memory key or a similarly portable data-storage device. In short, it was an inside job by someone with access to the DNC's system. This casts serious doubt on the initial "hack," as alleged, that led to the very consequential publication of a large store of documents on WikiLeaks last summer.

QuoteForensicator's first decisive findings, made public in the paper dated July 9, concerned the volume of the supposedly hacked material and what is called the transfer rate—the time a remote hack would require. The metadata established several facts in this regard with granular precision: On the evening of July 5, 2016, 1,976 megabytes of data were downloaded from the DNC's server. The operation took 87 seconds. This yields a transfer rate of 22.7 megabytes per second.

These statistics are matters of record and essential to disproving the hack theory. No Internet service provider, such as a hacker would have had to use in mid-2016, was capable of downloading data at this speed. Compounding this contradiction, Guccifer claimed to have run his hack from Romania, which, for numerous reasons technically called delivery overheads, would slow down the speed of a hack even further from maximum achievable speeds.

Cain

Lots of tech journalists have poured cold water on this story.  As they're pointing out, it's a single anonymous source who claims to have found hidden, encrypted metadata in the files...pretty dubious sounding under the best of circumstances.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Cain on August 12, 2017, 05:55:44 AM
Lots of tech journalists have poured cold water on this story.  As they're pointing out, it's a single anonymous source who claims to have found hidden, encrypted metadata in the files...pretty dubious sounding under the best of circumstances.

That is a good point.  I didn't realize that metadata wasn't confirmed.

Cain

Yeah, I'd definitely like to see some confirmation on this.

It's also worth pointing out, even if APT29 didn't undertake the hack, APT28 ("Fancy Bear", suspected Russian military intelligence asset) had broken in and was passively watching the flow of data through the DNC servers for the better part of a year.

Cain

Daily reminder: I am still more qualified to talk about terrorism than fake-PhD, fake-terrorism expert, White House Special Adviser Seb Gorka.

3 days ago Seb Gorka said people should stop going on about white supremacists and terrorism.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on August 13, 2017, 03:09:54 AM
Daily reminder: I am still more qualified to talk about terrorism than fake-PhD, fake-terrorism expert, White House Special Adviser Seb Gorka.

3 days ago Seb Gorka said people should stop going on about white supremacists and terrorism.

In fairness, a dead goat is more qualified than gorka. The last interview I saw with him screamed "crazy person".
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Brother Mythos on August 11, 2017, 12:36:03 AM
"An Exhausted Donald Trump To Take A 3-Day Vacation From His Golfing Vacation"

As per the article: "Donald Trump said that while he's on his 17-day vacation he will be 'working hard' but instead, he has lashed out at the media, his critics and threatened to start a nuclear war with North Korea. All of that tweeting and golfing has exhausted the 71-year-old former reality show star already. It's not the end of his vacation yet, but he's already planning a three-night stay in New York upon leaving his luxury golf club in Bedminster, N.J. on Sunday, then he'll return to his vacation after he takes a vacation from his vacation – or something like that."

Here's the link: http://deepstatenation.com/2017/08/an-exhausted-donald-trump-to-take-a-3-day-vacation-from-his-golfing-vacation/

Who hasn't needed a vacation from their vacation? I'm sure the good people of NYC will be out in force to demonstrate their sympathy for the head of the Trump Crime Family.

I want him to keep golfing. The best case scenario with Trump is complete dereliction of office that effectively leaves us with no president instead of Trump or Pence as president.

Trump is worse than nothing,, and we must not forget that.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Brother Mythos

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on August 13, 2017, 05:10:34 PM
Quote from: Brother Mythos on August 11, 2017, 12:36:03 AM
"An Exhausted Donald Trump To Take A 3-Day Vacation From His Golfing Vacation"

As per the article: "Donald Trump said that while he's on his 17-day vacation he will be 'working hard' but instead, he has lashed out at the media, his critics and threatened to start a nuclear war with North Korea. All of that tweeting and golfing has exhausted the 71-year-old former reality show star already. It's not the end of his vacation yet, but he's already planning a three-night stay in New York upon leaving his luxury golf club in Bedminster, N.J. on Sunday, then he'll return to his vacation after he takes a vacation from his vacation – or something like that."

Here's the link: http://deepstatenation.com/2017/08/an-exhausted-donald-trump-to-take-a-3-day-vacation-from-his-golfing-vacation/

Who hasn't needed a vacation from their vacation? I'm sure the good people of NYC will be out in force to demonstrate their sympathy for the head of the Trump Crime Family.

I want him to keep golfing. The best case scenario with Trump is complete dereliction of office that effectively leaves us with no president instead of Trump or Pence as president.

Trump is worse than nothing,, and we must not forget that.

I agree. The smartest thing the Democrats could do would be to drag out impeachment until early 2020. Tossing Trump out earlier, or forcing him to resign earlier, would simply hand the presidency over to Pence. And that would be considerably worse for the country than the bumbling incompetence we have right now.
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

Cain

Trump's considering pardoning Sheriff Joe.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Cain on August 14, 2017, 11:19:44 PM
Trump's considering definitely going to be pardoning Sheriff Joe.
fixed for clairvoyance
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

QueenThera

Is it still even vaguely possible that Donald Trump isn't trying to court and keep racists on his side?

I want to say this is too deliberate and obvious a long term pattern, but maybe he's just being manipulated, or there's a point to a fine gradation between Racist and Wants Racist Votes that I can't appreciate. Like the possibility of talking him out of it.
Often incoherent. Tends to ramble on about various topics.
Hopes to get beyond that.

Formerly BrotherPrickle

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bu🤠ns

US government demands details on all visitors to anti-Trump protest website

Privacy advocates call warrant for IP addresses of 1.3 million people who visited inauguration protest website an unconstitutional 'fishing expedition'
Julia Carrie Wong and Olivia Solon in San Francisco

QuoteOn 17 July, the DoJ served a website-hosting company, DreamHost, with a search warrant for every piece of information it possessed that was related to a website that was used to coordinate protests during Donald Trump's inauguration. The warrant covers the people who own and operate the site, but also seeks to get the IP addresses of 1.3 million people who visited it, as well as the date and time of their visit and information about what browser or operating system they used.

ETA:
QuoteThe website, www.disruptj20.org, was used to coordinate protests and civil disobedience on 20 January, when Trump was inaugurated.

The Wizard Joseph

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Buckle up this is the craziest shit I've heard in a long time indeed!

Donald Trump, TIME TRAVELER!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl