I hate both of you because your conversation is both navel-gazing and puerile

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Meanwhile, here is Trump not being inclusive

http://time.com/4905420/donald-trump-pershing-pigs-blood-muslim-tweet/

QuoteHours after a deadly terror attack in Barcelona, President Donald Trump suggested that Islamic terrorists should be executed with bullets soaked in pig's blood, praising a discredited story of a 20th-century atrocity.

"Study what General Pershing of the United States did to terrorists when caught," Trump tweeted Thursday afternoon. "There was no more Radical Islamic Terror for 35 years!"

The tweet referenced a false story that Trump told at rallies more than once on the campaign trail. Trump claimed that during the Moro rebellion in the Philippines between 1901 and 1913, U.S. Gen. John Pershing executed Muslim insurgents with bullets dipped in pig's blood. Trump's retelling of the myth has changed each time

Cain

Bannon is confirmed out.  Resigned 2 weeks ago, apparently.

LMNO

Anyone else feeling like he can do more damage as a free agent than in the WH?

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on August 18, 2017, 06:14:52 PM

Wait, what? So the "is he going" speculation went on when he was already gone?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Quote from: LMNO on August 18, 2017, 06:39:27 PM

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 18, 2017, 07:34:08 PM
Quote from: Cain on August 18, 2017, 06:14:52 PM

Wait, what? So the "is he going" speculation went on when he was already gone?

Presumably they gave him two weeks to clear the cheap whiskey bottles from his office.

Junkenstein

Let me know when to stop laughing. The survivor poster in the political pics thread also needs an update.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Yes, there was quite a bit of confusion on that point.

Still, I think it's a safe bet that "fighting for Trump" will manifest itself in trashing the "globalists" at the White House.

Freeky

Quote from: Cain on August 17, 2017, 11:12:09 PM
Juggalos, for their many manifest faults, including a lack of knowledge about magnets, have always prided themselves on being very inclusive.

Huh. Must just be the ones I know who are racist. :/

That's pretty cool though.

Junkenstein

Quote from: LMNO on August 18, 2017, 06:39:27 PM

Thought about this, and if that's the case it's mainly due to the level of information he's been privy to due to the nature of his job/clearances.

And given that these people are not that smart or subtle, I imagine breitbart to be in court before long.

Cain

Yeah, if Bannon starts leaking information he was privy to during his time in the White House, that has any kind of clearance rating or non-distribute clause attached, he's going to get smacked down hard by the courts.

That's assuming Rupert Murdoch does not tear him a new asshole first, of course.  News International and Breitbart are allegedly squaring up for a showdown.

Junkenstein

And thus begins the various right wing factions starting in earnest to fight among themselves. Cue commencement of blame game of why it's all going to shit and how it's their fault.

Also up soon: doubling down on stupidity and staunch support for policies you've actively worked against.

Question: any Murdoch ties to Russia? Just trying to work out what he'll kick and how hard. I can't recall any so this may push that in the right wing sphere. I imagine bannon is not the only face Murdoch would like to remove and replace with an ex news Corp tool. It's been a solid strategy in the UK so pulling, or trying to pull the same shit in the US seems plausible.

Cain

Well, Murdoch's ex-wife was reportedly with Putin  :lol:  Whether this was before, after or at the same time she was reportedly spending a lot of time with Tony Blair is not entirely clear.

Junkenstein

And yet, I've not heard a single crackpot conspiracy theory around her for ages.

I'm going to start telling people she's been seen with idiot. Let me know when the rumor reaches you.

Cain

4,000ish troops in Afghanistan and all of a sudden Trump is "presidential" once again.

4000 soldiers aren't going to do squat, of course.  The Taliban control more territory now then they have at any time since 2002 or thereabouts.  Afghan security forces, counter-terrorism special forces aside, are a complete shambles, and as a consequence of that their only worthwhile troops are being run into the ground and sooner or later it's going to get them all killed. ISIS in Afghanistan, who as I've previously mentioned are a bunch of no-hopers who couldn't cut it in the Taliban - along with the usual psychopathic foreign fighter contingent - are able to penetrate security in Kabul with appalling ease, so when the Taliban do make a push for the capitol, it will collapse like a house of cards, along with the government.

To add to the mix, Trump has decided now is the time to crack down on Pakistan.  I don't give two fucks for the ISI or the Pakistani Army, but the best time to pick a fight with them is probably not at the same time as we are relying on their ports to supply troops in-country.  Trump thinks he can offset this by appealing to India, but India's currently in a gigantic pissing match with China, the kind of pissing match which may devolve into a conflict if people don't tone it down soon.

If Pakistan does close its ports, or the ISI arranges some "unofficial action" to prevent those supplies getting through, the only other option would be from the north...via Russia.  Russia is believed to be supporting the Taliban.

But hey, "presidential", amirite?  Nothing more statesmanlike than jamming your dick in a hornet's nest over and over again.