News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Didn't he even like, write and sign a letter cancelling?

From what I heard, it's obvious he wrote it himself, because it's a tragedy of language.

Cain

He did, and it is.  You can tell Stephen Miller's gone through and edited it for spelling and punctuation, because it lacks random capital letters and whatnot, but it's still terrible

Faust

I guess thats a step up from announcing it from twitter while on the throne.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

Well, the letter was posted on Twitter, so...

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on May 24, 2018, 06:20:29 PM
Donald thought with his gut today and cancelled the summit.

South Korea wasn't informed either, going by the panic at the Blue House and urgent requests for clarification from the Americans (this would be easier if, say, there were an Ambassador in South Korea to whom the South Koreans could speak with, but of course Trump hasn't appointed one of those yet).

Saw that.  If I were trump, I'd make the same person the ambassador to North and South Korea, and then not tell that guy shit, either.  Because why not?
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

There is a 169% chance Trump wrote that himself.
Molon Lube

Faust

Ok, well maybe he didn't write it on the John?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on May 24, 2018, 07:07:41 PM
Ok, well maybe he didn't write it on the John?

No, it appears he even used a spell checker.

But Grammarly can't fix stupid.
Molon Lube

bpseudopod

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/999647796218269697?s=20
A link to the Twitter announcement, for those who must see to believe.

I find it odd that Trump would make a thinly-veiled nuclear threat over Kim's propaganda department being at business as usual. Does he really think that he can make Kim's administration completely overturn its public stance on the United States overnight just by offering the possibility of negotiations?

Can he? I know that an American president reaching out directly to a North Korean dictator is unprecedented, but I can't say I have an understanding of the value that would have to Kim.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Brother Mythos

Quote from: LMNO on May 24, 2018, 03:05:26 PM
Quote from: Brother Mythos on May 24, 2018, 02:50:04 PM
I've, pretty much, given up trying to convince people that government is not a business, and that business skills are not transferable into politics.

You think that's fun, try convincing someone that managing government debt and finances best uses an approach diametrically opposite to what works best for individuals and families.

Your basic talking points must be much, much better than mine. I've never gotten anywhere close to arguing management of debt and revenue with anyone who thinks governments can be successfully run like a business. But, like I wrote above, maybe it's time for me to rethink my arguments.
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 24, 2018, 06:50:08 PM

South Korea wasn't informed either, going by the panic at the Blue House and urgent requests for clarification from the Americans (this would be easier if, say, there were an Ambassador in South Korea to whom the South Koreans could speak with, but of course Trump hasn't appointed one of those yet).

Saw that.  If I were trump, I'd make the same person the ambassador to North and South Korea, and then not tell that guy shit, either.  Because why not?

It would be in keeping with his general modus operandi.  I also think making someone Ambassador to North Korea would be accepting that North Korea is a legal separate state, which would also be in keeping with Trump's inability to grasp complex situations.  According to Wolff's book, the minute people start explaining things to him, he gets up and leaves the room.  Literally just walks out.  Hates being "talked down to", because he has both a massive inferiority complex (which allegedly was one of the reasons he stopped the summit - to do it before the North Koreans did.  "You're not breaking up with me, I'm breaking up with you!") and a raging case of Dunning-Kruger

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on May 25, 2018, 01:56:23 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 24, 2018, 06:50:08 PM

It would be in keeping with his general modus operandi.  I also think making someone Ambassador to North Korea would be accepting that North Korea is a legal separate state, which would also be in keeping with Trump's inability to grasp complex situations.  According to Wolff's book, the minute people start explaining things to him, he gets up and leaves the room.  Literally just walks out.  Hates being "talked down to", because he has both a massive inferiority complex (which allegedly was one of the reasons he stopped the summit - to do it before the North Koreans did.  "You're not breaking up with me, I'm breaking up with you!") and a raging case of Dunning-Kruger

So basically Mike from Sasol. 
Molon Lube

Cain

Maybe?  Not going to lie, not familiar with the reference.  Mike Thomas, VP of Sasol's US subsidiary?

Brother Mythos

Early Thursday morning, I posted the following comment in this thread:

'In any case, that "Libya Option" thing is a glaring example of poor management skills. Comrade Spanky can't even manage Pence and Bolton.'

(At the time, it was my assumption that Comrade Spanky had lost control of his minions.)

However, a little later, my wife was watching some political talking head on the TV, as I was leaving the house for a long drive. As I opened the front door, I heard the talking head make the claim that the "Libya Option" statements by Pence and Bolton were done with Comrade Spanky's prior approval.

So, as I was driving along, I kept wondering if I had gotten it all wrong. That is,

1. Did Comrade Spanky really lose control of Pence and Bolton?

(This implies that Pence and Bolton are both trying to sabotage the peace process.)

2. Or, as per the talking head, had Comrade Spanky really approved of his minions statements in advance?

(This implies that Comrade Spanky and His Gang™ are even dumber than I thought was possible.)

So, does anyone have any thoughts, or insights on this matter? Are there even more possibilities that I've yet to consider?
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.