News:

Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on May 25, 2018, 02:18:57 AM
Maybe?  Not going to lie, not familiar with the reference.  Mike Thomas, VP of Sasol's US subsidiary?

No, Mike Thomas is a good guy.

No, Mike the Engineer from my acid plant days.
Molon Lube

Cain

Oh, that Mike.  Yeah, pretty much.

And Brother Mythos, it's possible that the reality is a combination of the two. Trump says whatever the last person who spoke to him and didn't bore him says, and that was likely Bolton in all cases.   He doesn't really have a planned approach for North Korea, because he doesn't really have any policy prescriptions or beliefs, and refuses to listen to people with relevant expertise.  So likely it's a case that yes, Bolton did have approval, but Bolton also likely led Trump up the garden path in the first place.

Brother Mythos

Quote from: Cain on May 25, 2018, 02:58:21 AM

And Brother Mythos, it's possible that the reality is a combination of the two. Trump says whatever the last person who spoke to him and didn't bore him says, and that was likely Bolton in all cases.   He doesn't really have a planned approach for North Korea, because he doesn't really have any policy prescriptions or beliefs, and refuses to listen to people with relevant expertise.  So likely it's a case that yes, Bolton did have approval, but Bolton also likely led Trump up the garden path in the first place.

That sounds like a reasonable explanation of the situation. Thanks.
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on May 25, 2018, 02:58:21 AM

It occurs to me that Mike wasn't actually a bad person, just deluded about his own merits.

To get Trump, you need that AND malice.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Quote from: Brother Mythos on May 25, 2018, 02:29:57 AM
Early Thursday morning, I posted the following comment in this thread:

‘In any case, that “Libya Option” thing is a glaring example of poor management skills. Comrade Spanky can’t even manage Pence and Bolton.’

(At the time, it was my assumption that Comrade Spanky had lost control of his minions.)

However, a little later, my wife was watching some political talking head on the TV, as I was leaving the house for a long drive. As I opened the front door, I heard the talking head make the claim that the “Libya Option” statements by Pence and Bolton were done with Comrade Spanky’s prior approval.

So, as I was driving along, I kept wondering if I had gotten it all wrong. That is,

1. Did Comrade Spanky really lose control of Pence and Bolton?

(This implies that Pence and Bolton are both trying to sabotage the peace process.)

2. Or, as per the talking head, had Comrade Spanky really approved of his minions statements in advance?

(This implies that Comrade Spanky and His Gang™ are even dumber than I thought was possible.)

So, does anyone have any thoughts, or insights on this matter? Are there even more possibilities that I’ve yet to consider?

Or,

3. That talking head on TV is lying out of their ass.

Brother Mythos

Quote from: LMNO on May 25, 2018, 01:05:45 PM
Quote from: Brother Mythos on May 25, 2018, 02:29:57 AM
Early Thursday morning, I posted the following comment in this thread:

'In any case, that "Libya Option" thing is a glaring example of poor management skills. Comrade Spanky can't even manage Pence and Bolton.'

(At the time, it was my assumption that Comrade Spanky had lost control of his minions.)

However, a little later, my wife was watching some political talking head on the TV, as I was leaving the house for a long drive. As I opened the front door, I heard the talking head make the claim that the "Libya Option" statements by Pence and Bolton were done with Comrade Spanky's prior approval.

So, as I was driving along, I kept wondering if I had gotten it all wrong. That is,

1. Did Comrade Spanky really lose control of Pence and Bolton?

(This implies that Pence and Bolton are both trying to sabotage the peace process.)

2. Or, as per the talking head, had Comrade Spanky really approved of his minions statements in advance?

(This implies that Comrade Spanky and His Gang™ are even dumber than I thought was possible.)

So, does anyone have any thoughts, or insights on this matter? Are there even more possibilities that I've yet to consider?

Or,

3. That talking head on TV is lying out of their ass.

Lying. Making it up. Expressing an opinion as fact. Yes, that is another possibility. Thanks.

Brother Mythos

Our First Lady has not been seen in some time. I wonder if she's entered the Federal Witness Protection Program.

Cain

A new flowerbed been planted at the White House garden, you mean.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

You mean she's been recalled by the KGB (or whatever they're calling themselves these days) because the investigation's getting too close
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Brother Mythos

Or, maybe that sinkhole caved in her escape tunnel, with her still inside of it.

I know the "National Park Service says sinkhole at White House poses no threat." But, can you really trust those guys? I mean, aren't they the guys in charge of all of the Federal swamps?

And, are we to really believe it's a coincidence that as per the below article, "The incident occurred just days after a larger 4-foot-by-4-foot sinkhole opened in front of President Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida."

Here's the link: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/389480-national-park-service-says-sinkhole-at-white-house-poses-no

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Brother Mythos on June 04, 2018, 01:39:30 AMI know the "National Park Service says sinkhole at White House poses no threat." But, can you really trust those guys? I mean, aren't they the guys in charge of all of the Federal swamps?

"No threat" sounds about right to me. What's the worst that could happen? White House collapses? That's not a problem in the current state of affairs; If anything that's potentially a solution.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Faust

I would hope that she has decided to walk out on him.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on June 04, 2018, 08:39:55 AM
I would hope that she has decided to walk out on him.

The result would be the same.

This is America, Faust, people who get out of line wind up being buried by Stephen Miller, who is so incompetent at hiding bodies that you get sinkholes.
Molon Lube

Cain

I asked #TheResistance and they said Melania acted as a translator between Trump and Putin because both her and Putin are fluent in German, and she was bumped off for Knowing Too Much....which is about what I've come to expect from Twitter.