News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Brother Mythos on June 19, 2018, 10:40:42 PM
Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on June 19, 2018, 06:17:08 PM
This is not the straw that will break the camel's back. It's just one more thing on the list of things we're sure will finally be the end of this nightmare, only to pale in comparison to the next thing.

At this point, I don't know what it's going to take to get Comrade Spanky out of office.

I doubt that his base, who make up about 33 % of The Republicult™, will abandon him for any reason. And given that number of supporters, I don't see how his impeachment will not lead to open violence across the country.

And, the professional politicians in The Republicult™, who make up nearly all of the politicians in the party, are deathly afraid of their own cultists (The Republicultists™). I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I don't see many, if any, of those politicians openly doing a damn thing to get their sociopath out of the White House.

So, when Special Counsel Mueller finally wraps up his investigation, what then? Whatever happens, I don't believe it's going to be at all straightforward. I suspect the Attorney General of New York State is going to end up being the pointman, by default, for Comrade Spanky's ouster.

I am okay with 33% of the country deciding they have to freak the hell out.  Remember Shay's Rebellion?  Neither do I.

And yeah, the New York thing is critical.  Nobody is sure whether Spanky can pardon himself at the federal level, but he certainly cannot pardon himself at the state level...and a pardon at the federal level is an admission of guilt, which would make the New York thing interesting as hell.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Brother Mythos

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 19, 2018, 10:50:37 PM
This is not the straw that will break the camel's back. It's just one more thing on the list of things we're sure will finally be the end of this nightmare, only to pale in comparison to the next thing.

At this point, I don't know what it's going to take to get Comrade Spanky out of office.

I doubt that his base, who make up about 33 % of The Republicult™, will abandon him for any reason. And given that number of supporters, I don't see how his impeachment will not lead to open violence across the country.

And, the professional politicians in The Republicult™, who make up nearly all of the politicians in the party, are deathly afraid of their own cultists (The Republicultists™). I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I don't see many, if any, of those politicians openly doing a damn thing to get their sociopath out of the White House.

So, when Special Counsel Mueller finally wraps up his investigation, what then? Whatever happens, I don't believe it's going to be at all straightforward. I suspect the Attorney General of New York State is going to end up being the pointman, by default, for Comrade Spanky's ouster.

I am okay with 33% of the country deciding they have to freak the hell out.  Remember Shay's Rebellion?  Neither do I.

And yeah, the New York thing is critical.  Nobody is sure whether Spanky can pardon himself at the federal level, but he certainly cannot pardon himself at the state level...and a pardon at the federal level is an admission of guilt, which would make the New York thing interesting as hell.

Nope, I don't remember Shay's Rebellion. But, I did look it up.

What makes the comparison of Shay's Rebels versus The Republicultists™ of today especially interesting, however, is that The Republicultists™ are actually being screwed over by the policies being enacted by their own party's elite! Now, that takes a special kind of stupid!
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

MMIX

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 19, 2018, 10:58:44 PM
From the This Is The Sort Of Shit We Have To Put Up With Department:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-hugs-flag-at-end-of-speech-to-business-group/ar-AAyS7tR?ocid=spartanntp

My eyesight must be failing; I read that as "trump-humps-flag-at-end-of-speech", something I would surely pay good money to see
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

There was a recent New Yorker article about how when the children are taken from their parents, the parents are meant to be given some kind of reference number to be able to track their child.  So guess what ICE hasn't been doing?

The article followed the story of just one family simply trying to find out where their daughter was being kept.  They didn't even know where she was.  ICE could confirm that the family tried to enter with a child, and that said child was taken from them, but nothing more.

The potential for child abuse and trafficking is off the charts here.

Vanadium Gryllz

How long before one of these families is driven to commit some kind of 'terrorist' act?
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Faust

Quote from: Vanadium Gryllz on June 20, 2018, 08:01:52 AM
How long before one of these families is driven to commit some kind of 'terrorist' act?

You can expect it pretty much right after the first pedophilia reports.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

LMNO

Making a prediction: When this is all said and done and the US not a glass parking lot (I know, even odds there) with Trump no longer in office, there will be a cry from both sides that we must "move on as a country, together" and not bother with prosecutions or investigations for the sake of "unity" and "not dredging up old stories" because they would "upset people".  There will be a tepid outcry from the farther Left, and then nothing will be done for at least 20 years, until the responsible parties are dead.

Cramulus

Quote from: MMIX on June 19, 2018, 11:35:10 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 19, 2018, 10:58:44 PM
From the This Is The Sort Of Shit We Have To Put Up With Department:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-hugs-flag-at-end-of-speech-to-business-group/ar-AAyS7tR?ocid=spartanntp

My eyesight must be failing; I read that as "trump-humps-flag-at-end-of-speech", something I would surely pay good money to see

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

That's good. That means that they can be answered with violence.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on June 20, 2018, 08:25:41 AM

That's already happened.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 20, 2018, 04:41:53 PM
Quote from: Faust on June 20, 2018, 08:25:41 AM

That's already happened.

I hadn't seen the reports... Jesus.

https://www.gq.com/story/trump-on-immigrant-children

QuoteA small sample of the abuses committed by officials includes:
    Denied detained children permission to stand or move freely for days and threatened children who stood up with transfer to solitary confinement in a small, freezing room

Denied a pregnant minor medical attention when she reported pain, which preceded a stillbirth

Subjected a 16-year-old girl to a search in which they "forcefully spread her legs and touched her private parts so hard that she screamed"

Left a 4-pound premature baby and her minor mother in an overcrowded and dirty cell full of sick people, against medical advice

Threw out a child's birth certificate and threatened him with sexual abuse by an adult male detainee.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

And leave it to Lyndsay Graham.  :lulz:

QuoteElla Nilsen
I was curious what your thoughts are on the White House statement that only Congress can come up with a fix for this?

Lindsey Graham
Well, I said a while ago that the underlying problem Congress needs to address, but as far as the policy change, the "zero-tolerance," they could change that tomorrow, the White House could.

Ella Nilsen
What are your thoughts on some of the bills that have come out so far, like [Sen. Dianne] Feinstein's [D-CA] bill?

Lindsey Graham
I like what I see from Cruz, but I haven't seen the text yet. So we'll see if we can marry up the Feinstein idea with somebody else's idea.

Burgess Everett, Politico
What's your sense of if the conference wants to make a Republican bill at this point?

Lindsey Graham
I'd like to have a position to get behind as a Republican, realizing that we need to work with Democrats to get a solution. So that'd be good. I don't think anybody wins by having dueling bills. I think people want an outcome.

Manu Raju, CNN
What was the mood like in there today?

Lindsey Graham
I don't know, I took my sister to lunch.
Molon Lube