News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on July 25, 2018, 04:44:28 PM
Screw the farms. They're mostly in red states. Let them reap the whirlwind

You're not seeing any kind of flaw in that thinking?  :lulz:
Molon Lube

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 25, 2018, 05:02:01 PM

I thought it was clear from the "red states" comment that I was referring specifically and exclusively to American farms. Obviously someone still needs to be growing food somewhere; just not the douchebags around here.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

tyrannosaurus vex

I'm honestly okay with the idea of a military coup followed by a somewhat benevolent (or at least not openly hostile) dictatorship at this point. Surely one of our famous generals is up for it?
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on July 25, 2018, 06:04:58 PM
I'm honestly okay with the idea of a military coup followed by a somewhat benevolent (or at least not openly hostile) dictatorship at this point. Surely one of our famous generals is up for it?

I can see Mattis doing it, but he's more the Cincinnatus type.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on July 25, 2018, 05:36:10 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 25, 2018, 05:02:01 PM

I thought it was clear from the "red states" comment that I was referring specifically and exclusively to American farms. Obviously someone still needs to be growing food somewhere; just not the douchebags around here.

You seem to have a really keen interest in making people suffer just for the sake of it.

You think farmers elsewhere are any different?  Is there something special about Americans, or are foreigners just too much the noble savage to be assholes?
Molon Lube

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

The foreigners didn't vote for Trump. Even if they would have they didn't.

And we don't yet have the technology to replace tham all with machines (although hopefully that day will come soon)

Edit:
To be fair, I guess my argument has a bit of american exceptionalism to it. But it's not the standard narrative of american exceptionalism in the same way that colorado weed isn't the standard narrative for states' rights. What I'm doing is saying "not in my back yard" to farming, heavy industry, and coal mining.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on July 25, 2018, 06:46:17 PM
The foreigners didn't vote for Trump. Even if they would have they didn't.

And we don't yet have the technology to replace tham all with machines (although hopefully that day will come soon)

You could easily be replaced with a predictive text generator.  Just to teach you a lesson or two, mind you.
Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on July 25, 2018, 06:04:58 PM
A benevolent* dictatorship is the best form of government.  Unfortunately, unless you're very lucky with the chain of succession, it can easily be followed by one of the worst forms of government.

*For my personal definition of 'benevolent', of course.  Your results may vary.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on July 25, 2018, 06:46:17 PM
What I'm doing is saying "not in my back yard" to farming, heavy industry, and coal mining.

So it should go to some poorer person's back yard?

Molon Lube

tyrannosaurus vex

It should be a capital offense to own, operate, work at, or view from afar any farm that isn't a 100+ story self-sufficient solar-powered skyscraper using the latest in hydroponic technology.

LMNO

HEY FUCKHEADS (NOT DOK HOWL, HE'S A DIFFERENT KIND OF FUCKHEAD):

TREATING SENTIENTS (IF NOT NECESSARILY BIPEDS) AS WORTHY OF YOUR COMPASSION IS THE FUCKING LEAST OF WHAT I EXPECT FROM YOU.

WANTING PEOPLE TO SUFFER 'TO TEACH THEM A LESSON' MEANS YOU'RE NO LONGER ACTING HUMAN.

I DO NOT MAKE EXCEPTIONS JUST BECAUSE YOU FOUND A 50-YEAR OLD BOOK THAT HAD AT LEAST THREE GOOD IDEAS.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on July 25, 2018, 07:42:55 PM
HEY FUCKHEADS (NOT DOK HOWL, HE'S A DIFFERENT KIND OF FUCKHEAD):

TREATING SENTIENTS (IF NOT NECESSARILY BIPEDS) AS WORTHY OF YOUR COMPASSION IS THE FUCKING LEAST OF WHAT I EXPECT FROM YOU.

WANTING PEOPLE TO SUFFER 'TO TEACH THEM A LESSON' MEANS YOU'RE NO LONGER BIPEDAL.

I DO NOT MAKE EXCEPTIONS JUST BECAUSE YOU FOUND A 50-YEAR OLD BOOK THAT HAD AT LEAST THREE GOOD IDEAS.

Or a 1600 year old book that's full of great bronze age hero stories, for that matter.

I want to see more farming and heavy industry, I just want it done smarter, and since humans as a group will not willingly do things the smart way, we need regulation.  But for the same reason, all the regulations have been repealed.  Because humans.

But to say that you want an entire sector of the country to be punished to teach those no-good shits a thing or two isn't a good thing.  It's not even original.  It is in fact what the policy makers in Washington are doing right now, to those who have the bad judgement to be female, brown, Gay, poor, etc.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you're not careful, you turn into what you hate.
Molon Lube

LMNO

tyrannosaurus vex

I don't want people to suffer "to teach them a lesson". I just want them to suffer. Smart vertical farming technology makes sense economically and environmentally, and it would be great if we did it. But because people are people, there's no way we ever actually will do it, so it seems like requiring it is among the most guaranteed ways of getting people to suffer.

ETA: As for becoming what I hate, I've already been a human being for as long as I can remember.