News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on August 02, 2018, 04:39:46 PM
Mike Pence and Jared Kushner used private email for whitehouse business; a practice that the Republican party claimed to be opposed to when Hillary did it.

This was known at least a year ago... If you haven't gotten the memo yet, nothing matters.

Cain

Trump is using an unsecured phone for goverment business on a daily basis, and giving out the number to other foreign leaders  :lulz:

axod

mr. Trump, pls to get off the punch-line :lulz:
just this

Cain

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-associate-socialized-with-alleged-russian-agent-maria-butina-in-final-weeks-of-2016-campaign/2018/08/03/d87c1d84-96a6-11e8-80e1-00e80e1fdf43_story.html?utm_term=.7c859829019a

For those locked out:

QuoteButina sought out interactions with J.D. Gordon, who served for six months as the Trump campaign's director of national security before leaving in August 2016 and being offered a role in the nascent Trump transition effort, according to documents and testimony provided to the Senate Intelligence Committee and described to The Washington Post.

The two exchanged several emails in September and October 2016, culminating in an invitation from Gordon to attend a concert by the rock band Styx in Washington. Gordon also invited Butina to attend his birthday party in late October of that year.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

Russian spies love Styx, you heard it here first.

PopeTom

-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

Brother Mythos

And now from Fox News The Ministry of Propaganda:

Fox's Trish Regan Says Maybe Putin Tricked Trump With Hillary's Help

As per the article:

"Trish Regan melodramatically presented a conspiracy theory that may foreshadow a Trump defense to come: that Vladimir Putin set up Donald Trump to look like he was colluding with the Russian president, possibly in cahoots with Hillary Clinton. Seriously."

Here's the link: https://crooksandliars.com/2018/08/foxs-trish-regan-says-maybe-putin-tricked

Yes, seriously.
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

Cain

Which is of course why Trump *checks notes* completely fails to criticize Russia at every given opportunity.

That's almost as dumb as the Marc Thiessen article in the WaPo which argued that the Russian government colluding with Trump is exactly the same as Russian citizens talking to Christopher Steele for the Orbis dossier, because both involve Russians and American politics.  Sure one involves a government and a whole range of illegal activities, while the other does not and mostly involves in collecting rumours, but apart from that, they're almost exactly the same.

I suppose all those years of arguing for waterboarding have rotted Thiessen's brain away entirely.

Cain

On the plus side, Manafort's aide, Rick Gates, basically spilled all their crimes in court yesterday.

Gates totally turned on him.  You might say Manafort got...Rick-rolled.   8)

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on August 07, 2018, 06:11:00 PM
On the plus side, Manafort's aide, Rick Gates, basically spilled all their crimes in court yesterday.

Gates totally turned on him.  You might say Manafort got...Rick-rolled.   8)
\

:lol:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

I'm addicted to orange.  You're going to jail, and so am I.
\
:hammer:
Molon Lube

Cain

I'm glad it's not just the UK who gets the cold shoulder treatment from Trump when something happens and we could use some backup.

So, Canada criticised Saudi Arabia recently, calling on them to release activists.  Saudi Arabia's reaction has been to:

1) Expel the Canadian ambassador
2) Stop all flights to Toronto
3) Recall all Saudi students in Canada by cancelling their sponsorship
4) Go on a hilariously ill-advised PR campaign which, among other things, takes Canada to task for how they treat drug addicts, indigenous peoples and Quebec.

The reaction from the White House has been a stunning amount of silence.  They haven't even told the Saudis to take chill pill, which would be the moderate end for responses by any other President (the more likely one being the KSA Ambassador to the US being called into a meeting and told to convey a message to the Kingdom to cut their shit out).

It's not a big deal, in the grand scheme of things.  But that's kinda the problem.  Canadians are saying if the US can't even rouse themselves to voice a complaint over this, can they be relied on if things get really rough?  The last year suggests no, and this is pretty much confirming that suspicion.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on August 08, 2018, 02:21:23 AM
I'm glad it's not just the UK who gets the cold shoulder treatment from Trump when something happens and we could use some backup.

So, Canada criticised Saudi Arabia recently, calling on them to release activists.  Saudi Arabia's reaction has been to:

1) Expel the Canadian ambassador
2) Stop all flights to Toronto
3) Recall all Saudi students in Canada by cancelling their sponsorship
4) Go on a hilariously ill-advised PR campaign which, among other things, takes Canada to task for how they treat drug addicts, indigenous peoples and Quebec.

The reaction from the White House has been a stunning amount of silence.  They haven't even told the Saudis to take chill pill, which would be the moderate end for responses by any other President (the more likely one being the KSA Ambassador to the US being called into a meeting and told to convey a message to the Kingdom to cut their shit out).

It's not a big deal, in the grand scheme of things.  But that's kinda the problem.  Canadians are saying if the US can't even rouse themselves to voice a complaint over this, can they be relied on if things get really rough?  The last year suggests no, and this is pretty much confirming that suspicion.

If I were Canada, I'd be looking at Germany right now.  And Saudis would get zero trade.  Like none at all.  Bye, Felicia, we have our own oil.
Molon Lube