News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Canada has been taking on something of a leading role in NATO at the governmental level, in the absence of strong leadership from the White House.

I haven't read any official Canadian government responses yet, but the Canadian national-security people I talk with are mostly like "uh...OK, country that literally executes apostates, tell us more aboot how terrible we are".  We all know, more or less, that Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman is a raging asshole of epic proportions and a gigantic man-child, so this reaction isn't entirely surprising.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 08, 2018, 02:23:44 AM
If I were Canada, I'd be looking at Germany right now.  And Saudis would get zero trade.  Like none at all.

Sounds like a good idea, but I think we still have an ongoing $15 billion dollar contract to sell the Saudis some armoured vehicles.

It was set up by the previous Conservative government in 2014, but the Liberals carried through with it, because "a contract's a contract" or something.  (Way to take a strong stance on human rights, there.)

I'm curious to see how that is going to play into all this.  I'm hoping the contract is cancelled outright, but I'm well past expecting consistent behaviour from my fellow humans.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on August 08, 2018, 03:15:45 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 08, 2018, 02:23:44 AM
If I were Canada, I'd be looking at Germany right now.  And Saudis would get zero trade.  Like none at all.

Sounds like a good idea, but I think we still have an ongoing $15 billion dollar contract to sell the Saudis some armoured vehicles.

It was set up by the previous Conservative government in 2014, but the Liberals carried through with it, because "a contract's a contract" or something.  (Way to take a strong stance on human rights, there.)

I'm curious to see how that is going to play into all this.  I'm hoping the contract is cancelled outright, but I'm well past expecting consistent behaviour from my fellow humans.

I am positive that you could unload those on the Balkans.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

Another member of the Trump transition team who is so crooked they need a corkscrew to be able to sit down.  Who could've guessed? This investigation also implicates Tom Price, the Secretary of HHS until last September.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

Meanwhile, the EU has said there will be penalties for those companies which abide by the new US sanctions.

It's basically turning into a trade war.  Another trade war.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on August 08, 2018, 07:24:27 PM
Meanwhile, the EU has said there will be penalties for those companies which abide by the new US sanctions.

It's basically turning into a trade war.  Another trade war.

I think of it as a bunch of California fires merging to make a bigger, better fire.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

IMO, Omarosa is a bullshit artist.  Note she doesn't say that she has the tapes, or that she has even seen them.

She's got a book to sell.  She was in this for the money from the start, she did nothing while she was actually at the White House and now she's cashing in.  Book releases on Wednesday, so she's doing whatever she can to stay in the headlines until then.

Not that I don't believe Trump is not, in fact, horrifically racist or at the very least comfortable with horrific racism.  I just don't think Omarosa has any proof of anything she is saying, and her credibility is pretty questionable, to put it mildly.

rong

Proceeds from book will help fund Trump 2020 campaign
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: Cain on August 12, 2018, 06:24:28 PM
IMO, Omarosa is a bullshit artist.  Note she doesn't say that she has the tapes, or that she has even seen them.

She's got a book to sell.  She was in this for the money from the start, she did nothing while she was actually at the White House and now she's cashing in.  Book releases on Wednesday, so she's doing whatever she can to stay in the headlines until then.

Not that I don't believe Trump is not, in fact, horrifically racist or at the very least comfortable with horrific racism.  I just don't think Omarosa has any proof of anything she is saying, and her credibility is pretty questionable, to put it mildly.

Trump's latest Twitter tantrum on this topic is hilarious btw.

He admits that

1) Omarosa was unqualified (supririsng exactly no-one), and once in office she was actually terrible at her job
2) That she only got the job beacause she praised him (again, no surprises)
3) That Trump was not even aware that she was fired.

I mean, it's damning stuff.  You can see why Trump's lawyers don't want him to meet with Mueller.  Trump always looks for the tactical, short-term advantage, and when he does so, it' often at his own expense, because he's a shameless liar and whatever story he spins undermines any larger narratives about him ("the best people", anyone?)