PD.com: Taoism in a clown costume.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

It's all unravelling at an impressive pace.

After yesterday's shitshow, courtesy of Woodward's new book, the NYT published this op-ed by an anonymous senior White House official, who essentially said "Trump is an amoral liar and impulsive idiot, but we are preventing him from destroying the world.  Please clap."  As pointed out by anyone with half a brain, this now has Trump even more paranoid.

Just a short time ago, he tweeted simply this:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1037464177269514240

chaotic neutral observer

I found some of the anecdotes from Woodward's book difficult to digest.

But every time I start to doubt what I read about Trump, to question the uncorroborated claims, to wonder about the credibility of anonymous sources, I go and read his twitter page.

It helps me remember that no matter how ridiculous the charges laid against him, no matter how much my brain insists that what people say about him can't possibly be real, he is shown by his own words to be an idiot.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Cain

The thing is, some of this stuff also sounds like it tallies up with what was in Fire and Fury.  I'm waiting to get a copy before I do a more in-depth read, but I wouldn't be surprised if a good 70%+ of that book, crazy as it was, is verifiably true.

Also Trump is now demanding that the NYT "hand over" the source of the op-ed, as a "national security issue".  I have not yet seen if the NYT legal Twitter account has tweeted back "lol no" yet.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Pergamos

That's not filling his diapers. It's campaigning for the midterms with impeachment as a wedge issue. Democrats should be doing it too.  "If Trump doesn't get impeached it's because you stayed home on election day!"

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Pergamos on September 07, 2018, 10:20:50 PM
That's not filling his diapers. It's campaigning for the midterms with impeachment as a wedge issue. Democrats should be doing it too.  "If Trump doesn't get impeached it's because you stayed home on election day!"

Nothing personal, but I don't take political advice from my opponents.
Molon Lube

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Cain

His "advisers" say he's still alive.  But he hasn't been seen publically for months now.

Junkenstein

Hey Cain, Reaction to bolton and the ICC? Distraction tactics coupled with long standing lunacy? I assume most shit like this now is to take away from the scandal of the day for Idiot. I'm betting at least a few groups draw straws daily to see whose turn it is in the barrel.

Also, Woodward book worth bothering with? I assume anything particularly tasty will make it into general consumption but the broader context is occasionally nice, though in this case hardly needed.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Bolton has this weird conception of sovereignty that he shares with the likes of UKIP, where basically dealing with any international body means a reduction in said sovereignty.  Of course, the US political leadership at large is opposed to the ICC, and claims it is unecessary besides, as the US has its own robust mechanisms for dealing with war crimes committed by its own troops (as evidenced by the precisely zero war crimes convictions since Abu Ghraib).

It doesn't really matter in the long run, but it does show where Bolton's hilariously out of touch priorities lie.

As for Woodward's book...it's released today, so I suppose we will have to see.  I'm interested in how it tallies up with events in the less reliable Fire And Fury