News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno

Quote from: Cain on September 29, 2018, 03:21:21 AM
So you're telling me that the confirmation didn't go ahead because of a Senator called Flake?  And now the FBI has hunt down some witness called Judge to decide if the dude can sit on the Supreme Court or not?

I want the writer responsible for this travesty fired.

Almost as bad as that time they had a main character named "Ronald Reagan" who had a sidekick named "Donald Regan" for, like, two whole seasons. Besides that, the writing was mostly just AIDS jokes, and Reagan repeating his catchphrase "I don't recall" over and over.
Formerly something else...

Cain

Quote from: Emo Howard on September 29, 2018, 09:10:17 AM
So you're telling me that the confirmation didn't go ahead because of a Senator called Flake?  And now the FBI has hunt down some witness called Judge to decide if the dude can sit on the Supreme Court or not?

Almost as bad as that time they had a main character named "Ronald Reagan" who had a sidekick named "Donald Regan" for, like, two whole seasons. Besides that, the writing was mostly just AIDS jokes, and Reagan repeating his catchphrase "I don't recall" over and over.
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 29, 2018, 07:15:08 AM

Fuck, I knew we were jumping the shark with all that.

Joke's over.  We really just decided to let Obama have another turn.  This has all been a very long episode of the Upright Citizen's Brigade.

Pretentious Movie Director would have never allowed this to happen.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

Oh yeah, this is part of the whole thing.  That and whether Mueller recommends charges against senior members of the Trump team during the course of his investigation.

Suu

What tickles me is that in theory, the American Right Wing should be shitting itself in the idea that states rights are getting nipped at because they always harp and howl that federalismz is the best thing ever. And here we are.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

State rights only apply when you want to ban abortion or deny black people civil rights.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Cain on September 29, 2018, 06:07:14 PM
State rights only apply when you want to ban abortion or deny black people civil rights.

Or when you want to send 3 electors and 2 senators to represent an area (such as wyoming or montana) that doesn't even have enough people to fill single respectably sized city
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Everyone knows what side I'm on, but Avanetti is a bit of an ambulance-chasing bottom feeder.

There.  I said it.
Molon Lube

Cain

You're not wrong.  He clearly thinks he can build a political career out of this.

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on September 29, 2018, 09:41:35 PM

Or when you want to send 3 electors and 2 senators to represent an area (such as wyoming or montana) that doesn't even have enough people to fill single respectably sized city

Or net neutrality https://www.wired.com/story/california-governor-signs-nations-toughest-net-neutrality-law/?mbid=social_twitter

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on October 01, 2018, 06:13:31 PM
You're not wrong.  He clearly thinks he can build a political career out of this.

Or net neutrality https://www.wired.com/story/california-governor-signs-nations-toughest-net-neutrality-law/?mbid=social_twitter

The federal government just launched a lawsuit over that.  Comcast and Verizon must have yanked their leashes pretty hard.
Molon Lube

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 01, 2018, 06:32:54 PM

The federal government just launched a lawsuit over that.  Comcast and Verizon must have yanked their leashes pretty hard.

Thst's partly due to the thing I said. If representation were proportional the federal government wouldn't pull shit like this as often
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on October 02, 2018, 04:49:12 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 01, 2018, 06:32:54 PM

Thst's partly due to the thing I said. If representation were proportional the federal government wouldn't pull shit like this as often

You're high on dogshit.  Corruption is independent of representation, because there is Team Edward and Team Wossname, as far as voters go.   And they don't give a FUCK about corruption or anything else as long as they can dig their thumb in the other team's eye.  There is no Goddamn miracle cure.  There is no cure at all. There is only Crazy Eddie, and at the moment, that's YOU.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

The first sign of becoming a fuck up is when you suddenly decide that YOU have figured out the age-old problems of governance.  You have Uncle Joe's Rest Cure, Leon "anything for a laugh" Trotsky's beat them into happiness method, and our very own Ron Paul (the former member of PD, not the screwhead from Kentucky) and his ECO FASCISM.  You have those dipshits with their "dark cathedral", which is apparently Hitler with added emo, and you have Captain Utopia and his dumb fucking "E-democracy". JUST LOOK HOW WELL ALL OF THOSE HAVE WORKED OUT...Because the FORM of government has absolutely NO IMPACT on the EFFECT of government.

It has taken my 50 years, but I finally understand my Cornish ancestor's habit of killing anyone who tries anything they THINK is new.

ODDS ARE YOU AREN'T THE NEXT PLATO.  EVERYBODY SHUT UP.
Molon Lube

Bruno

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 02, 2018, 05:56:29 PM
The first sign of becoming a fuck up is when you suddenly decide that YOU have figured out the age-old problems of governance.  You have Uncle Joe's Rest Cure, Leon "anything for a laugh" Trotsky's beat them into happiness method, and our very own Ron Paul (the former member of PD, not the screwhead from Kentucky) and his ECO FASCISM.  You have those dipshits with their "dark cathedral", which is apparently Hitler with added emo, and you have Captain Utopia and his dumb fucking "E-democracy". JUST LOOK HOW WELL ALL OF THOSE HAVE WORKED OUT...Because the FORM of government has absolutely NO IMPACT on the EFFECT of government.

It has taken my 50 years, but I finally understand my Cornish ancestor's habit of killing anyone who tries anything they THINK is new.

ODDS ARE YOU AREN'T THE NEXT PLATO.  EVERYBODY SHUT UP.

I've got a great idea for a new form of government. I call it "Definitely not Plutocracy".

It's basically Plutocracy, but we pretend it isn't.

Formerly something else...