News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Emo Howard on October 02, 2018, 06:30:12 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 02, 2018, 05:56:29 PM
The first sign of becoming a fuck up is when you suddenly decide that YOU have figured out the age-old problems of governance.  You have Uncle Joe's Rest Cure, Leon "anything for a laugh" Trotsky's beat them into happiness method, and our very own Ron Paul (the former member of PD, not the screwhead from Kentucky) and his ECO FASCISM.  You have those dipshits with their "dark cathedral", which is apparently Hitler with added emo, and you have Captain Utopia and his dumb fucking "E-democracy". JUST LOOK HOW WELL ALL OF THOSE HAVE WORKED OUT...Because the FORM of government has absolutely NO IMPACT on the EFFECT of government.

It has taken my 50 years, but I finally understand my Cornish ancestor's habit of killing anyone who tries anything they THINK is new.

ODDS ARE YOU AREN'T THE NEXT PLATO.  EVERYBODY SHUT UP.

I've got a great idea for a new form of government. I call it "Definitely not Plutocracy".

It's basically Plutocracy, but we pretend it isn't.

We could also call that EVERY GOVERNMENT EVER.  :lulz:

In other news, Kavenaugh is going under the bus.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

Trump is relaxing radiation regulations, stating that a little radiation "may be good for you".

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on October 02, 2018, 09:19:18 PM
Trump is relaxing radiation regulations, stating that a little radiation "may be good for you".

It's like he actively hunts for ways to do damage.
Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

The first sign of becoming a fuck up is when you suddenly decide that YOU have figured out the age-old problems of governance.  You have Uncle Joe's Rest Cure, Leon "anything for a laugh" Trotsky's beat them into happiness method, and our very own Ron Paul (the former member of PD, not the screwhead from Kentucky) and his ECO FASCISM.  You have those dipshits with their "dark cathedral", which is apparently Hitler with added emo, and you have Captain Utopia and his dumb fucking "E-democracy". JUST LOOK HOW WELL ALL OF THOSE HAVE WORKED OUT...Because the FORM of government has absolutely NO IMPACT on the EFFECT of government.

Although some forms of government are better than others in the short-term, the issue is that in the long-term, people with wealth and power use that power to get more wealth and power.  They become increasingly separated from the rest of society, and after a few generations of power concentration, everything starts to resemble a hereditary dictatorship.  Even (especially?) systems which are specifically designed to avoid this (like communism) fall into the same pattern.

Fortunately, this all has a simple solution.  If we separate humanity into isolated enclaves of 150-200 individuals, this problem goes away.  Since everybody in each enclave knows everybody else (more or less), there is a natural limit on how much the system can be abused, and, regardless of the specific system of government adopted with each enclave, most of them will function quite efficiently (as anyone familiar with small town bureaucracy knows*).

As the population of each enclave grows, resources may become a problem, possibly leading to loss of isolation, and even conflicts with neighboring enclaves.  To address this, I propose a Balkanization Service (B.S.), which will maintain the separation between enclaves (by military means, if necessary), and, if the population of one gets too large, either split it into smaller groups, or cull less productive individuals to maintain the 200 person limit.

Preventing the abuse of power in the B.S. is a minor implementation detail, which can be easily solved by the world's scientists, once they have been forced to recognize the obvious brilliance of this idea.

* I tried, I really did, but I couldn't type that with a straight face.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Emo Howard on October 02, 2018, 06:30:12 PM
I've got a great idea for a new form of government. I call it "Definitely not Plutocracy".

It's basically Plutocracy, but we pretend it isn't.

"I can't believe it's not Fascism!  Now, with 10% fewer atrocities!*"

*Figure includes officially counted atrocities only.  Law enforcement actions may be exempt.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 02, 2018, 09:38:48 PM
Quote from: Cain on October 02, 2018, 09:19:18 PM

It's like he actively hunts for ways to do damage.

Well that kind of thing goes alongwith being a Russian spy, doesn't it?
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on October 02, 2018, 11:30:49 PM

Although some forms of government are better than others in the short-term, the issue is that in the long-term, people with wealth and power use that power to get more wealth and power.  They become increasingly separated from the rest of society, and after a few generations of power concentration, everything starts to resemble a hereditary dictatorship.  Even (especially?) systems which are specifically designed to avoid this (like communism) fall into the same pattern.

Fortunately, this all has a simple solution.  If we separate humanity into isolated enclaves of 150-200 individuals, this problem goes away.  Since everybody in each enclave knows everybody else (more or less), there is a natural limit on how much the system can be abused, and, regardless of the specific system of government adopted with each enclave, most of them will function quite efficiently (as anyone familiar with small town bureaucracy knows*).

As the population of each enclave grows, resources may become a problem, possibly leading to loss of isolation, and even conflicts with neighboring enclaves.  To address this, I propose a Balkanization Service (B.S.), which will maintain the separation between enclaves (by military means, if necessary), and, if the population of one gets too large, either split it into smaller groups, or cull less productive individuals to maintain the 200 person limit.

Preventing the abuse of power in the B.S. is a minor implementation detail, which can be easily solved by the world's scientists, once they have been forced to recognize the obvious brilliance of this idea.

* I tried, I really did, but I couldn't type that with a straight face.

I love this post and I would let it sechs me.
Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 02, 2018, 09:45:35 PM
DERP.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/did-trump's-ambassador-to-nato-threaten-russia-with-preemptive-strikes/ar-BBNQRWR?ocid=spartanntp

FWIW, she says something differently via her official Twitter account

https://twitter.com/USAmbNATO/status/1047203183964160001

QuoteI was not talking about preemptively striking Russia. My point: 🇷🇺 needs to return to INF Treaty compliance or we will need to match its capabilities to protect US & NATO interests. The current situation, with 🇷🇺 in blatant violation, is untenable.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Brother Mythos

Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes as He Reaped Riches From His Father

As per the article:

"The president has long sold himself as a self-made billionaire, but a Times investigation found that he received at least $413 million in today's dollars from his father's real estate empire, much of it through tax dodges in the 1990s.

President Trump participated in dubious tax schemes during the 1990s, including instances of outright fraud, that greatly increased the fortune he received from his parents, an investigation by The New York Times has found.

Mr. Trump won the presidency proclaiming himself a self-made billionaire, and he has long insisted that his father, the legendary New York City builder Fred C. Trump, provided almost no financial help.
But The Times's investigation, based on a vast trove of confidential tax returns and financial records, reveals that Mr. Trump received the equivalent today of at least $413 million from his father's real estate empire, starting when he was a toddler and continuing to this day."

Here's the link: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/02/us/politics/donald-trump-tax-schemes-fred-trump.html

I find it telling that Trump refutes this article, but , to my knowledge, has not threatened to sue the NYT for libel.

I love New York!
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

I mean, they had a week, did it in 3 days, had a proscribed set of limits from the White House and didn't interview anyone about any sexual assault allegations.

Open and shut case boys.