News:

Your innocence proves nothing.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

I bet the report basically says, "We could find no physical evidence that Ms Ford was attacked by Mr Kavenaugh."

Which, of course, is not even close to what needed to be investigated.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on October 04, 2018, 07:10:10 PM
I mean, they had a week, did it in 3 days, had a proscribed set of limits from the White House and didn't interview anyone about any sexual assault allegations.

Open and shut case boys.

And people will of course sit down and take it.

And less than 42% of eligible voters will show up in November.  Bet you.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on October 04, 2018, 07:27:08 PM
I bet the report basically says, "We could find no physical evidence that Ms Ford was attacked by Mr Kavenaugh."

Which, of course, is not even close to what needed to be investigated.

I bet the report says "If you senators question this shit, your finances will be closely inspected."

Also, has anyone heard anything from or about Mueller recently?  It's like he fell off of the Earth.
Molon Lube

LMNO

You feel the FBI are pro-Kavenaugh?  Or is it that the GOP got their hands on the report first?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on October 04, 2018, 08:14:07 PM
You feel the FBI are pro-Kavenaugh?  Or is it that the GOP got their hands on the report first?

I am thinking the FBI has more factions than my company, and a few senators (McConnell, Hatch) are smart enough to learn who those factions are.  Sessions isn't going to help, but he hasn't got the sack to stand in the way, either.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Calling it now.  Kavenaugh gets in, Gamble v Usa gets through the court on his vote, and the president effectively becomes a mob boss, given that any of his pardons become universal.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketPDF/17/17-646/62536/20180904142141905_17-646%20ts.pdf

Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 04, 2018, 08:18:26 PM
Quote from: LMNO on October 04, 2018, 08:14:07 PM

I am thinking the FBI has more factions than my company, and a few senators (McConnell, Hatch) are smart enough to learn who those factions are.  Sessions isn't going to help, but he hasn't got the sack to stand in the way, either.

It always pays to remember those stories about the "pro-Trump" FBI New York office, that was allegedly passing on information to Giuliani.

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 04, 2018, 08:08:53 PM
I mean, they had a week, did it in 3 days, had a proscribed set of limits from the White House and didn't interview anyone about any sexual assault allegations.

Open and shut case boys.

The idea seems to be to make this into a wedge issue, to try and motivate the Republican base to turn up.

That's why pretty much every rightwing outlet is going all out on this story - to pin the blame on the Democrats, whip up the low information voters into a frenzy, put Democrats in purple states on the spot and counter "the blue wave".

Not that I ever thought the blue wave was going to be especially large or noteworthy (gerrymandering means the Democrats need a 10 point lead to even have a chance of taking the House and Senate, before all other factors are included).

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on October 04, 2018, 08:28:28 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 04, 2018, 08:08:53 PM

Open and shut case boys.

The idea seems to be to make this into a wedge issue, to try and motivate the Republican base to turn up.

That's why pretty much every rightwing outlet is going all out on this story - to pin the blame on the Democrats, whip up the low information voters into a frenzy, put Democrats in purple states on the spot and counter "the blue wave".

Not that I ever thought the blue wave was going to be especially large or noteworthy (gerrymandering means the Democrats need a 10 point lead to even have a chance of taking the House and Senate, before all other factors are included).

The election was done and dusted last night.  It's over. 

I'm still going to go vote, but it's over.
Molon Lube

axod

I thought that his mis-represenation of the truth during his hearing would count against him. Now it seems like they were testing for that as a qualification to play in the highest court... in my days, they would have given /him/ the polygraph, not her.
just this

Cain

Oh yeah, this is someone about the right political convictions, who may also be blackmailable, and who is otherwise completely unsuitable for the position and so will be expected to show his gratitude.  It's classic Machiavelli, raise someone up who is reliant on your patronage and reap the benefits.  The complete lack of shame he showed over his lying is thus him signalling his qualifications, at least to this White House.

Doktor Howl

So I just sat and watched twenty minutes-worth1 of Collins mush-mouthing her excuses for voting for Kavenaugh.  Manchin followed immediately after.  Flake is still trying for his Oscar, but you and I know what he's going to do.

1 In MY day, politicians didn't waste their time explaining why they fucked you.  They just did it.
Molon Lube

Cain

The legitimacy of the Supreme Court was already in question after the Merrick Garland debacle.  This just nullifies it entirely. 

Cain

Also Trump is spreading antisemitic conspiracy theories via Twitter ("paid Soros protestors") and this is being completely unremarked on.