News:

Already planning a hunger strike against the inhumane draconian right winger/neoliberal gun bans. Gun control is also one of the worst forms of torture. Without guns/weapons its like merely existing and not living.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

altered

This thread is the first I've heard of this. I'm remembering Transmet here, which both comforts and worries me. I need an expert opinion on where this goes next.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

For a bombing attempt 2mweeks before an election this is pretty much a best-case scenario, nobody got hurt, and it will generate sympathy for the democrats while painting the republicans in a bad light and putting focus on non-islamic terrorism.

Like I'm glad it clearly was targeting Democrats because otherwise if there was a chance it was non-domestic the Republicans would all be up there all "....blah blah blah ISIS ISIS ISIS...." and all the sheeple would listen and the republicans would win the election for sure
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on October 24, 2018, 10:49:50 PM
This thread is the first I've heard of this. I'm remembering Transmet here, which both comforts and worries me. I need an expert opinion on where this goes next.

My guess is next there will be 2 AM raids.
Molon Lube

altered

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on October 25, 2018, 12:14:44 AM
For a bombing attempt 2mweeks before an election this is pretty much a best-case scenario, nobody got hurt, and it will generate sympathy for the democrats while painting the republicans in a bad light and putting focus on non-islamic terrorism.

You're forgetting two words:

"False flag."

As in, "The Democrats knew they were going to lose the election so they sacrificed their own people in a false flag attack to get the sympathy vote! They're sickos!"

As in, "I normally consider myself a centrist but those democrats went too far with that false flag bomb attack. It even had that one senators name on the return address!"

You're foolish to believe this is a sympathy win for democrats. Anyone right of, oh, say, Bill Clinton (far from a true leftist, but not quite a centrist either) is going to be at risk for the opposite, a baseless disgust vote against the left.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on October 25, 2018, 01:34:04 AM

"False flag."

As in, "The Democrats knew they were going to lose the election so they sacrificed their own people in a false flag attack to get the sympathy vote! They're sickos!"

As in, "I normally consider myself a centrist but those democrats went too far with that false flag bomb attack. It even had that one senators name on the return address!"

You're foolish to believe this is a sympathy win for democrats. Anyone right of, oh, say, Bill Clinton (far from a true leftist, but not quite a centrist either) is going to be at risk for the opposite, a baseless disgust vote against the left.

Shandor is a mush-mouthing authoritarian.  This is the kind of shit he says all the time.
Molon Lube

altered

Ah, makes sense. Thanks for the heads up, I've forgotten everyone but the core cast of characters here.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on October 25, 2018, 02:06:28 AM
Ah, makes sense. Thanks for the heads up, I've forgotten everyone but the core cast of characters here.

By which you mean "half a dozen cranky old fucks who won't leave their ghost town."
Molon Lube

altered

Cain

Quote from: nullified on October 25, 2018, 01:34:04 AM

"False flag."

Yes, this started almost immediately after the bombs were found.

Also false equivalences between bombing attempts and protesting people at restaurants (thanks, Meghan McCain!)

Cain

Quote from: LMNO on October 24, 2018, 09:22:42 PM
Not 100% verified, but apparently there are stamps but no postmark on the one sent to CNN?

It was delivered by a verified courier, apparently. Could be the bomber used a cut-out or disguise, but either way it's a lead towards discovering them.

Trump has already started attacking the media over the coverage of the bomb attempts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45973436

QuotePresident Donald Trump has called on the media "to stop the endless hostility", after suspected explosives were posted to high-profile US figures.

He was speaking after parcels were sent to CNN and top Democrats, including Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.

QuoteSpeaking at a Wednesday night rally in Wisconsin, the president vowed to catch the perpetrator, while calling on the media to end "constant negative and oftentimes false attacks and stories".

Mr Trump also called for more civility in public life, saying: "Those engaged in political arena must stop treating political opponents as being morally defective.

"No one should carelessly compare political opponents to historic villains, which is done often."

However, the president made no specific reference to the intended recipients of the packages.

Also investigators are looking for a package addressed to Joe Biden.

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 24, 2018, 08:45:08 PM
Quote from: Hoopla! on October 24, 2018, 08:41:20 PM
Votes on him not mentioning it at all?

He's already jabbering about how we'll get the bad guys.

Anyone else think McGinnes was in on this?  It fits his general air of incompetence.

FWIW, I don't think the Proud Boys as a group are behind the others.

They're a streetfighting group, it's all about proving their "manly virility" by shoving their fist in some poor bastard's face as part of a 10 vs 1 beatdown.  Bombs just don't have the same effect, it's a different psychological profile with different motivations.

The timing is suspicious, I will agree, but otherwise it doesn't fit.  The bomber's almost certainly from a far-right milieu though, so he may be a "fan" of the Proud Boys, even if he's not a member himself or getting help from them.

altered

Quote from: Cain on October 25, 2018, 06:29:44 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 24, 2018, 08:45:08 PM
Quote from: Hoopla! on October 24, 2018, 08:41:20 PM
Votes on him not mentioning it at all?

He's already jabbering about how we'll get the bad guys.

Anyone else think McGinnes was in on this?  It fits his general air of incompetence.

FWIW, I don't think the Proud Boys as a group are behind the others.

They're a streetfighting group, it's all about proving their "manly virility" by shoving their fist in some poor bastard's face as part of a 10 vs 1 beatdown.  Bombs just don't have the same effect, it's a different psychological profile with different motivations.

The timing is suspicious, I will agree, but otherwise it doesn't fit.  The bomber's almost certainly from a far-right milieu though, so he may be a "fan" of the Proud Boys, even if he's not a member himself or getting help from them.

I'd say the quotes sound appropriate there. My first guess was a member of a rival group from the Proud Boys. If the one package was from the same individual, I'd buy that all the way instead of just having the suspicion.

Bruno

The usual suspects are already false flagging it up.

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/3km93v/prominent-conservatives-accuse-liberals-of-sending-the-bombs-to-themselves?fbclid=IwAR3V5IL2ZcqhDTbes4wxzbZt5jiyBxnG9Mp-hCwr9BUyxfxvOtVThhEIZdM

I have to admit, I'm a bit disappointed that no-one has postulated ISIS being behind the whole thing to help the Democrats in the midterms.

ISIS IN AMERICA, EVEN!!!
Formerly something else...

LMNO