News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 02, 2018, 06:08:35 PM
Quote from: Hoopla! on November 02, 2018, 05:28:58 PM
I sincerely want to move to a different planet.

Odds are, every other planet is full of dumbasses, too.

I like the politics of Planet Transexual.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cain

Quote from: Hoopla! on November 02, 2018, 09:04:31 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 02, 2018, 06:08:35 PM
Quote from: Hoopla! on November 02, 2018, 05:28:58 PM
I sincerely want to move to a different planet.

Odds are, every other planet is full of dumbasses, too.

I like the politics of Planet Transexual.

You just triggered Alex Jones

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Posting to remind those of the US to vote
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

hooplala

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

altered

The only moral option given these election results is to burn the entire US and hope the next people to arrive do a better job. A lot of innocent people are going to be caught in the inferno, but there seems to be no hope for them anyway given the country isn't entirely disgusted by and unwilling to put up with the party of children in cages, legislating people to death, and monetizing human suffering. Maybe Belgium can fund the escape of everyone with a conscience or something.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Bruno

Quote from: nullified on November 07, 2018, 02:58:59 AM
The only moral option given these election results is to burn the entire US and hope the next people to arrive do a better job. A lot of innocent people are going to be caught in the inferno, but there seems to be no hope for them anyway given the country isn't entirely disgusted by and unwilling to put up with the party of children in cages, legislating people to death, and monetizing human suffering. Maybe Belgium can fund the escape of everyone with a conscience or something.

Whoa, easy there with the acceptable collateral damage, cowboy. What are you, Donald Rumsfield or something?
Formerly something else...

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: nullified on November 07, 2018, 02:58:59 AM

You expressed horror at eleven people being shot in Pittsburgh, yet now you easily sentence 300 million to being burned to death, and declare this to be moral.

I don't think you and I are going to be friends.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

altered

That was an extreme exaggeration, which has been a thing in these parts for a very long time from what I know. Apologies that I wasn't entirely clear that that wasn't a literal statement of my beliefs.

EDIT: I am genuinely pretty alarmed that this was mistaken for a serious statement, thinking it over. I cannot understand how the mistake was made, considering that it's completely inconsistent with all of the values outlined in the post itself and with those I've espoused prior. The only sort of person who could seriously say such a thing is an absolute monster by any sane standards.

I can't believe I have to say this but, uh, I DON'T SUPPORT GENOCIDE. Christ.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: nullified on November 07, 2018, 03:27:31 AM
That was an extreme exaggeration, which has been a thing in these parts for a very long time from what I know. Apologies that I wasn't entirely clear that that wasn't a literal statement of my beliefs.

EDIT: I am genuinely pretty alarmed that this was mistaken for a serious statement, thinking it over. I cannot understand how the mistake was made, considering that it's completely inconsistent with all of the values outlined in the post itself and with those I've espoused prior. The only sort of person who could seriously say such a thing is an absolute monster by any sane standards.

There's maybe three newsfeed worthy statements here. Well done!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Bruno

It's not genocide if it's an "Act of God".

Formerly something else...

altered

How about this: I would rather minimize human death and suffering in general. Does that better capture my meaning here than simply "opposition to genocide"?

chaotic neutral observer

:lulz:

Hi.

Let me tell you about myself.

My hobbies include applying an absurdly literal interpretation to statements (sometimes for comedic effect, sometimes just to be annoying), and poking at people when they've dropped their guard, just to see what happens.  I also have a propensity to pounce whenever I perceive a hint of inconsistency.

Thank you for making this entertaining.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

altered

Sorry. I'm under a pretty large amount of stress currently between personal life and the political Hindenburg we have going on, so I'm rather more fragile than I'd like to be.

Even if I wasn't, I apparently have a knack for making ambiguous statements and having no capability for making it clear when I'm serious or not, offline and on. So it was kind of an existing exposed nerve anyhow.

Glad you enjoyed yourself at least.

Edit: Belatedly realized I should clarify: that's not a sarcastic response in the least. It's better someone got some entertainment out of a basically harmless act than everyone involved feeling like an awkward, guilty asshole.

This way it's just me feeling that way, and that's basically my default state.

Doktor Howl

I am in Team Burn It All Down at the moment.
Molon Lube