News:

Attempting to do something

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

Quote from: Cain on November 08, 2018, 01:08:11 AM
I realise this may be a stupid question, but is there no requirement to be a lawyer to be Attorney-General?

That presumes Trump cares about requirements anymore.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Brother Mythos

I'm still trying to wrap my head around Tuesday's election results. So, what did we win long term?
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

Doktor Howl

Pelosi of course already stuck her tongue up Trump's ass.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Brother Mythos on November 08, 2018, 02:53:46 AM
I'm still trying to wrap my head around Tuesday's election results. So, what did we win long term?

Nancy "Quisling" Pelosi as Speaker.
Molon Lube

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 08, 2018, 04:58:13 AM
Quote from: Brother Mythos on November 08, 2018, 02:53:46 AM

Nancy "Quisling" Pelosi as Speaker.

That's about it, yep.

Unfortunately, even if the House Dems grew spines it would be far too late at this point. Since Trump is just going to boot or berate into leaving anyone with a conscience in the DOJ, checks and balances are gone. With a partisan Senate, a partisan DOJ, and a Supreme Leader type figure heading the executive branch, the House is powerless.

They can do whatever they want, but short of actively storming the Capitol with weaponry, it needn't have any effect.

Consider for instance that they might possibly stall any new legislative agenda the right wants dead in the water. Consider then that with a partisan DOJ, Trump can sign executive orders and have the DOJ say that's as good as law. The Senate has "sole power to try all impeachments", so the House writing up articles of impeachment for the flagrant abuse of power is as useless as can be. The DOJ being stacked with toadies means that it, which would normally be the firm hand stopping such an over reach of power, would instead be used to back it up.

The Constitution is now meaningless.

But hey, we have a House of Representatives who are entirely impotent spineless bootlickers or impotent spineless whiners —er, I mean who are largely Democratic Party, and thus left of, say, Benito politically.

They're also willing to kowtow to the big man so history will remember them as having been nice while the jackboots trod on our throats.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Bruno

I have to wonder, what was Trumps original plan, and what is it now?

There was a theory that he never meant to actually win, just come as close as he could without winning, all just so he could boost his brand.

But whether or not that was the original plan, what is his game now? Is it just to rack up emoluments, and butter up Putin to give him an advantage in his real estate ventures in Russia, or is this some kind of Oceans 11 type scheme featuring the 1% of the 1% of the 1% to steal the entire American and/or global economy and put it all in their pockets, and Trump is their George Clooney?
Formerly something else...

Bruno

Formerly something else...

Cain

I don't think Adam Schiff as chair of the House Intelligence should be discounted so quickly.  I actually don't think he would stand down even if Pelosi asked him to.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Emo Howard on November 08, 2018, 09:03:14 AM
Plan?  I thought he was just making it up as he went along.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

LMNO

Cain

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on November 08, 2018, 01:06:50 PM
Quote from: Emo Howard on November 08, 2018, 09:03:14 AM
Plan?  I thought he was just making it up as he went along.

Emo Howard is right, in that a lot of the people around Trump, and probably Trump himself at the start, wanted to use the election to create a new conservative media network.

At some point, probably after Trump won the primary, he started huffing his own farts.  A lot of the people around him did not though, and were still on for the original plan.

Now though...Trump has no clue what he's doing.  He never expected to be in this situation, and he doesn't have the expertise or skill to carry out what he wants (and he refuses to listen to those few around him who do have the experience and skills).

So he lashes out on Twitter, spends time in the Oval Office watching "Fox and Friends" and bitching on his unsecured phone to his remaining friends about how unfair it all is, and does whatever sounds like a good idea from whatever goblin is whispering in his ear that day, whether it's Miller or Bolton or Gorka (Katherine, not Seb).

And of course he wants to stay out of jail.  That's about it.  The masterplan is that there is no masterplan, that Trump is pathologically adverse to planning, or even listening to the advice of people capable of planning.  He just wants to stay out of jail really badly, and whatever poison has been fed to him by the last person speaking to him.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Cramulus

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2018/11/08/white-house-shares-doctored-video-support-punishment-journalist-jim-acosta/?fbclid=IwAR2XwFlQfWgGMi48lP3HCDag7iOCrhNNBjfwjKVez9MeJW2dWDX-ZXzVbqc&utm_term=.9114b3cb6175

Jim Acosta had a heated exchange with Trump, had his press pass revoked, and then the administration lied about him getting handsy with a staffer.

Here's side by side comparison of the original footage and the doctored footage released by the White House.

These are dark times, this seriously disturbs me.

Cain

Cramulus

thank God Pelosi's searching for "common ground"

hoping she finds it: