News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pergamos

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 13, 2018, 03:39:51 PM
Another day, another disgrace.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trump-suggests-france-would-have-been-defeated-without-us/ar-BBPETUz?ocid=spartanntp

France WAS defeated in WWII, partly because the US refused to get involved, mind you, their partisans were a vital part of the eventual victory.

PopeTom

-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on November 13, 2018, 05:13:36 PM
So, there might be something going on.

FOX News' Twitter account has been silent the last two days.  This silence has coincided with tamping down on the MAGA crazy and a visit from Murdoch to McConnell.  Giuliani has been quiet for the same period of time.  Wikileaks, Drudge and National Enquirer have also gone quiet, not tweeting in several days or, in the case of Drudge, completely scrubbing their account.

This is all happening the same time period that Trump is having his weird "can't be bothered to do Veterans Day" thing.

Well, I'm now very worried.

Bruno

Supposedly, Fox is boycotting Twitter over the handling of the doxxing of Tucker Carlson, and the resulting protest at his house.
Formerly something else...

chaotic neutral observer

An odd sort of boycott, since Fox is so far silent on the subject, and we hear of it only from third parties.

What's the point of a boycott if you don't tell anyone?
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Cain

And Fox's usual MO is to whine and play the victim.

I've seen speculation that it is Mueller-linked, but people are always saying that about everything.  On the other hand, Mifsud, the missing professor, has suddenly reappeared and wants to testify to the Senate.

Bruno

I've suspected that this so-called "Antifa Attack" was staged, as I also suspect many others to be. Getting attacked by Antifa is an easy way for people on the right, (or alt-right) to beef up their street cred.

Why in the world wouldn't they just hire some guys in balaclavas to come yell at and/or attack them? Journalistic integrity?  :whack:
Formerly something else...

Cain

Well, Tucker's reporting of the incident differs quite significantly from the police report....

Cain

Doktor Howl

Wasn't Guiliani ranting something about how Obama should try to be as presidential as Trump?

Or was that just something he said to a random reporter?
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

I mean, everyone knows that Farage is a shitty little punk, but the idea that's he's an actual traitor to the crown is kinda fun.
Molon Lube

Faust

Quote from: Cain on November 13, 2018, 07:52:31 PM

I've seen speculation that it is Mueller-linked, but people are always saying that about everything.  On the other hand, Mifsud, the missing professor, has suddenly reappeared and wants to testify to the Senate.

This sounds much bigger then it initially would appear: their entire bread and butter is maintaining a direct rapport with their audience.The only thing that would make them silent is some kind of legal ugliness and not just a gag order and subpoena because Fox would relish the thought of violating that and paying the contempt.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on November 14, 2018, 12:04:40 AM
Quote from: Cain on November 13, 2018, 07:52:31 PM

This sounds much bigger then it initially would appear: their entire bread and butter is maintaining a direct rapport with their audience.The only thing that would make them silent is some kind of legal ugliness and not just a gag order and subpoena because Fox would relish the thought of violating that and paying the contempt.

I see a Mueller-shaped empty spot in Fox.
Molon Lube