News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Pergamos on December 24, 2018, 11:06:09 AM
Quote from: LMNO on December 20, 2018, 01:22:04 PM
So, Trump's pulling troops out of Syria (or he tweeted he's doing it -- I realize there's a difference there).

This is oddly conflicting.  On one hand, I've never liked the way the US has handled the region, and so I... agree... with Trump...  Which makes me immediately want to say, "no, stay, it's probably a gift to Russia to leave." 

But then, a lot of Republicans I really don't trust on matters of foreign policy have loudly declared that the troops should stay, so I'm back to being pro-troop withdrawal.

Someone smarter than me, please help.

The right thing, done  for the wrong reason, is still the right thing.  I am sure it is a gift to Russia, but we were still up to no good there.

My hope is that Russia shifts a bit in the Kurd/Turkey conflict.  It makes no sense to me that they aren't more anti-Turkey,what with Turkey shooting down their plane and all.

So, do you imagine that Trump suddenly joined the side of the angels, or do you maybe thing there's a hook in this?
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

If at any point, it looks like Trump is making the right decision about anything at all, you're being had.
Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on December 23, 2018, 05:03:01 AM
I definitely don't like the idea of the troop withdraw being in the context of making peace with the Taliban-

I agree, oddly enough.  The Taliban are on the offensive and have little incentive to make peace at the moment anyway, but that just means when the US withdrawals the Afghan Army will get stomped.

A better idea would be to surge in numbers, beat the Taliban down and negotiate from a position of strength.  Give amnesty to Taliban soldiers who give themselves up, roll them into a unit to fight ISIS or something, and drive some cracks in the ranks.  Then negotiate, then bug out.

Of course, this should have been the strategy in 2001, but Rumsfeld was all "we are not in the business of state-building", so the opportunity to have this settled before the Iraq war even rolled around was completely lost.

Cain

He so desperately wants to be a child emperor, doesn't he?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on December 31, 2018, 08:29:59 PM

He doesn't seem to be aware that the house changes hands in 36 hours.
Molon Lube

Pergamos

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 29, 2018, 09:53:31 PM
Quote from: Pergamos on December 24, 2018, 11:06:09 AM
Quote from: LMNO on December 20, 2018, 01:22:04 PM
So, Trump's pulling troops out of Syria (or he tweeted he's doing it -- I realize there's a difference there).

This is oddly conflicting.  On one hand, I've never liked the way the US has handled the region, and so I... agree... with Trump...  Which makes me immediately want to say, "no, stay, it's probably a gift to Russia to leave." 

But then, a lot of Republicans I really don't trust on matters of foreign policy have loudly declared that the troops should stay, so I'm back to being pro-troop withdrawal.

Someone smarter than me, please help.

The right thing, done  for the wrong reason, is still the right thing.  I am sure it is a gift to Russia, but we were still up to no good there.

My hope is that Russia shifts a bit in the Kurd/Turkey conflict.  It makes no sense to me that they aren't more anti-Turkey,what with Turkey shooting down their plane and all.

So, do you imagine that Trump suddenly joined the side of the angels, or do you maybe thing there's a hook in this?

I assume he did it as a favor to Putin. 

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 31, 2018, 08:38:06 PM
Quote from: Cain on December 31, 2018, 08:29:59 PM

He doesn't seem to be aware that the house changes hands in 36 hours.

I wasn't either, but I was being traumatised by fireworks and insomnia (and more importantly, didn't know the exact time when Congress changed hands).

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Not directly Trump related, but part of the general atmosphere.

If you say it around your friends, you will eventually fuck up in public.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/new-york-meteorologist-fired-after-using-racial-slur-on-air/ar-BBRXaGF?ocid=spartanntp
Molon Lube

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 08, 2019, 04:11:41 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/new-york-meteorologist-fired-after-using-racial-slur-on-air/ar-BBRXaGF?ocid=spartanntp

Who the hell keeps that epithet in their go-to vocabulary?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on January 08, 2019, 04:14:44 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 08, 2019, 04:11:41 PM

Who the hell keeps that epithet in their go-to vocabulary?

39% of America, apparently.
Molon Lube