News:

Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

How long until this starts seriously affecting ICE and the DEA. All of this would be worth it just to see those two useless drains on society come to a screeching halt, even if only for a little while. I have nothing but pure contempt for both of those agencies and for absolutely everything they do.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Cain

All that will happen is that lots of ICE and DEA people will become incredibly susceptible to bribes from cartels.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

I'm talking about it getting to the point where they're furloughed entirely and nobody is doing their job at all, however badly or dishonestly.

Like I want to see stings and infiltrations and operations that took months of planning fall apart because of this.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Pergamos

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on January 25, 2019, 03:45:45 PM
I'm talking about it getting to the point where they're furloughed entirely and nobody is doing their job at all, however badly or dishonestly.

Like I want to see stings and infiltrations and operations that took months of planning fall apart because of this.

They wont stop having power though, they'll just stop being paid, and as Cain pointed out, the Cartels are happy to fill in there.  That's what Trump promised us right?  That Mexico would pay for it.

Doktor Howl

SHUTDOWN VERY OVER. 

FATALITY.  PELOSI WINS.
Molon Lube

altered

I still can't believe Schumer and Pelosi didn't cave in. It was like almost a month, right?

Maybe they're like that stuff you make with corn starch and they only get mushy when there's no pressure.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Hoopla! on January 25, 2019, 05:59:52 PM
Roger Stone.

He seems to like saying the phrase "bear false witness."  This is either a painfully obvious way of signalling to certain religious types "I'm one of you!", or he's sending a secret message to his confederates.

Since Stone has a Nixon tattoo on his back (seriously), I'm gonna assume the stupider alternative.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

chaotic neutral observer

Is there any way that Trump can save face after having his bluff called?

Now that they've won this round, I can't see the Democrats supporting his wall in any more than a token sense (perhaps they'll allow some maintenance work which needed to be done anyway), and general opinion seems to be that he would immediately be challenged in the courts if he declared a national emergency.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Cain

He can blatantly lie to himself.

"I so didn't lose.  NO CONCESSIONS!" He's literally doing it on Twitter now.  Problem is, it's becoming clear the Emperor has no clothes.  Even Mike Cernovich was referring to Trump as the "Soy-in-Chief" yesterday

altered

It's pretty hilarious to see in action, and for once it's not a fiddling on a hill sort of hilarity.* A message has been sent and everyone has received it except for the subject.

Good fun, good fun.

* I actually have no idea if I'm making this reference right because I have caught the plague of Justinian and/or the Black Death and my brain is all fucked up on high temperatures and the distinct sensation of burrowing in my innards by microscopic pikachus. Sorry if I fucked this up and ruined everything.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cain

I think you mean "fiddling while Rome burns"?

Rome is built on 7 hills, but that aside...

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on January 26, 2019, 05:30:08 PM
I think you mean "fiddling while Rome burns"?

Rome is built on 7 hills, but that aside...

Also iirc according to Tacitus Nero sang about Troy. There were no fiddles in the empire.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain