News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: nullified on February 21, 2019, 04:44:45 PM

<snip>

Ergo, Japanese politics is and has been a dumpsterfire.

Thank you.  That was quite interesting, not to mention disturbing.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

LMNO

Trump adjacent, at least.

This was my favorite part of the Cohen hearing.  Some GOP ass trots out a WOC that was hired by Trump and proceeded to go down the "He can't be racist, he has black friends" road.

Rashida Tlaib was NOT having it, and laid the smackdown.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on February 28, 2019, 01:13:50 PM
Trump adjacent, at least.

This was my favorite part of the Cohen hearing.  Some GOP ass trots out a WOC that was hired by Trump and proceeded to go down the "He can't be racist, he has black friends" road.

Rashida Tlaib was NOT having it, and laid the smackdown.

I love the constant bellowing about a divide in the dems, you know?  When Pelosi put AOC and Tlaib on the oversight committee in their first term.  :lulz:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 28, 2019, 10:51:46 PM
Anyone want to give odds on Rand Paul voting against Trump's dumbass emergency?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/republicans-pressure-trump-to-back-down-on-border-emergency/ar-BBUdyog?ocid=spartanntp

My brain went like this:

"No, because there's too much chaos surrounding it. Anything could happen."

Then,

"See, he's doing that mush mouthing "I don't like this but I have no spine to back up my dislike of it" shit. No way of telling."

And finally,

"What the fuck do you mean Cornyn is giving the bill as written a flat no??? Never mind, I can't give exact odds but they're better than raw chance that he does vote against."
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

altered

"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cramulus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z-7JQs-RwY

Burnett leans too heavily on Ivanka for some reason, but regardless, I'm enjoying listening to Nadler speak. He has an "adult in the room" vibe to him. It feels like a lot of the crazy illegal things we've watched for the last 2 years (obstruction of justice, executive overreach, etc) are finally being addressed. Just hearing someone talk about it, who isn't all RAWR WE'VE GOTTA IMPEACH HIM ASAP, but really focused on rule of law and the constitution (which should be a non-partisan issue...), is refreshing.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on March 05, 2019, 05:32:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z-7JQs-RwY

Burnett leans too heavily on Ivanka for some reason, but regardless, I'm enjoying listening to Nadler speak. He has an "adult in the room" vibe to him. It feels like a lot of the crazy illegal things we've watched for the last 2 years (obstruction of justice, executive overreach, etc) are finally being addressed. Just hearing someone talk about it, who isn't all RAWR WE'VE GOTTA IMPEACH HIM ASAP, but really focused on rule of law and the constitution (which should be a non-partisan issue...), is refreshing.

Nadler is pretty much the authority on this.  When he gets serious, you will know that the situation is serious.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman