News:

One day, I shall make the news feed. Then they'll see. Then they'll all see! Mwahahahaha!!!!

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Cain

Faust's not wrong though.

Even if a deal is passed, it will be at least a decade of negotiation with the EU on the finer aspects of the trade deal, which we haven't even started on yet (remember, this is just the political/legal separation).

Alongside that, there will be a vicious and neverending argument about the EU in the UK - remainers arguing we should have never left, no dealers whining that they were stabbed in the back...the Tory party may fall apart, Labour will certainly face a backlash for Corbyn's passivity and Scottish nationalists will try to leave the Union again.  Republican and Loyalist terrorism may return, turning Brexit into a security issue as well as a diplomatic and trade one.

Brexit is going to drag on for probably a generation.

Fujikoma

I, missed a lot... what, exactly is the reason behind "brexit"?.. I feel like an utter fool for having to ask.

LMNO

Broadly speaking, "We joined a union of countries to become a stronger group economic power, and now those dirty non-Brits are trying to tell us what to do!"

Fujikoma

What is it they're saying to do that's so objectionable?

Cain

Anything.

The EU has been a useful whipping boy for the UK right for decades.  The biggest complaint is that free movement within the EU means the UK does not control its borders, meaning dirty foreigners from such hell holes as *checks notes* Poland may come here and positively contribute to the economy.

This has been conflated with immigration entirely, and then conflated with Muslims, which has been conflated with rape gangs and terrorism.

LMNO

Quote from: Fujikoma on April 01, 2019, 07:49:26 PM
What is it they're saying to do that's so objectionable?

It's the PRINCIPLE that's important here!
           /
:lord:

Faust

In summary the common agricultural policy has been raping young British girls.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

MMIX

Its actually really simple. The European Union wants us to be part of a Federal United States of Europe, but the right wing of the country would rather be the 51st state of something else. Without the black people, obviously, because well we're English aren't we. And there Aint no black in the Union Jack and all that sort of thing.
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Fujikoma

Oh, so it's the same stupid shit we have in America. Well, at least we won't be stupid alone this time.

Fujikoma

I swear all this goddamn infighting is part of an old KGB plan and eventually, the communists will seem like the rational ones. Oh well.

MMIX

Quote from: Fujikoma on April 01, 2019, 09:16:11 PM
I swear all this goddamn infighting is part of an old KGB plan and eventually, the communists will seem like the rational ones. Oh well.

Bingo!
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

The Johnny

Quote from: MMIX on April 01, 2019, 08:33:41 PM
Its actually really simple. The European Union wants us to be part of a Federal United States of Europe, but the right wing of the country would rather be the 51st state of something else. Without the black people, obviously, because well we're English aren't we. And there Aint no black in the Union Jack and all that sort of thing.

So the UK is Texas?  :lulz:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Fujikoma

I'm a sixth gen Texan... I don't think anyone with a brain wants black people to "go away", what the fuck, only some stupid, hooded screeching idiot thinks that... ok maybe most of the south is like that.

MMIX

Quote from: Fujikoma on April 02, 2019, 12:19:10 AM
I'm a sixth gen Texan... I don't think anyone with a brain wants black people to "go away", what the fuck, only some stupid, hooded screeching idiot thinks that... ok maybe most of the south is like that.

And in the UK too, though you'd have to include the Midlands and North of England too. Like I just discovered that my next door neighbour voted Brexit a] to cause chaos (and not the good sort) and b] because "there are too many darkies in Wolverhampton".
Another neighbour reckons he just wants to live in a "white christian country". I did point out that he shouldn't have voted for Brexit then because so many catholic churches are being kept going by the influx of nice white christians from Poland etc, but he wasn't having any of that. Then last week he said he thinks that we should nuke Pakistan . . . "Too many Muslims?" I asked, and he just smiled sheepishly. I'm starting to get used to living in a mad-house, but I'm not sure that I am really enjoying it