News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on May 19, 2019, 09:17:20 PM
Old people vote in larger percentages. 

Yes, I am blaming the young for not caring enough.

This is not new.  And when the youth vote does manage to stagger out to the polls, they split right down the middle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Voters_for_the_President
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on May 19, 2019, 09:17:20 PM
Old people vote in larger percentages. 

Yes, I am blaming the young for not caring enough.

Don't forget about good ol' voter suppression, too. I can't help noticing that the leading Presidential hopefuls aren't making that a prominent part of their platforms.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/434007-ending-voter-suppression-is-the-whole-game-in-2020?fbclid=IwAR2UQ4Pyl6HxrDQwYadpj7cImgRESQO2brYEm-cWdmb0zbe_1xMU9v_zJT4
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Anyone watching today's meltdown?   :lulz:
Molon Lube

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 22, 2019, 08:16:13 PM
Anyone watching today's meltdown?   :lulz:

I'll look when I get home. I expect I'll have a few hours free.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

LMNO

Is that the one where he "spontaneously" walked out of infrastructure negotiations with the Dems, only to walk out to the rose garden where a podium had a placard of the exact talking points laid out on it as he complained to the press?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on May 22, 2019, 08:30:19 PM
Is that the one where he "spontaneously" walked out of infrastructure negotiations with the Dems, only to walk out to the rose garden where a podium had a placard of the exact talking points laid out on it as he complained to the press?

That's the one.  And then said "No deal" on infrastructure, etc, unless they stop the investigations.
Molon Lube

LMNO

And the press called it an "impromptu" press conference.

Juana

the way the press just enables him is infuriating. call a spade a spade, dammit.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on May 22, 2019, 09:47:31 PM
And the press called it an "impromptu" press conference.

It was so impromptu that there was a visual aid that spontaneously generated.
Molon Lube

altered

This looks exactly like what the legislators he walked out on called it: a three-year-old's temper tantrum, except worse, because it was intentional and calculated to dodge the fact that he had no fucking clue how to budget infrastructure.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Juana

Trump seeks to slash $8.5 billion from Education Department budget

you know what after school programs do? they keep kids out of trouble and away from the welcoming arms of gangs. teacher training is vital for proficiency; teaching is a fucking art and it takes a long time to master. grants allow schools to fulfill their individual needs so they can best serve their kids - cookie cutter budgeting fucks up schools.

do you know how many cool programs my district has, likely because of grants? they have magnet schools for everything from the performing arts to architecture to law to an international baccalaureate program. how many schools are going to lose programs that were the only think keeping some students from dropping out? how many are going to be unable to support their kids in other ways? (do not even get me started on private grants, especially from silicon valley and their ilk. our classrooms are not bill gates's personal fucking laboratory).

this isn't going to get through the house, probably, but i'm still filled with rage-bitter-mirth. the mask - which was wet tissue paper to start with - is off.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on May 23, 2019, 06:22:15 PM

you know what after school programs do? they keep kids out of trouble and away from the welcoming arms of gangs. teacher training is vital for proficiency; teaching is a fucking art and it takes a long time to master. grants allow schools to fulfill their individual needs so they can best serve their kids - cookie cutter budgeting fucks up schools.

do you know how many cool programs my district has, likely because of grants? they have magnet schools for everything from the performing arts to architecture to law to an international baccalaureate program. how many schools are going to lose programs that were the only think keeping some students from dropping out? how many are going to be unable to support their kids in other ways? (do not even get me started on private grants, especially from silicon valley and their ilk. our classrooms are not bill gates's personal fucking laboratory).

this isn't going to get through the house, probably, but i'm still filled with rage-bitter-mirth. the mask - which was wet tissue paper to start with - is off.

None of that serves the school- prison/military pipeline.
Molon Lube

Juana

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 23, 2019, 08:16:26 PM

you're preaching to the choir, lol. plus devos and her filthy ilk are heavily invested in charter/private schools and it's in their best interests for schools to fail from that perspective.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on May 23, 2019, 08:48:16 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 23, 2019, 08:16:26 PM

you're preaching to the choir, lol. plus devos and her filthy ilk are heavily invested in charter/private schools and it's in their best interests for schools to fail from that perspective.

All of that shit started with the insane butthurt over Brown v Board of Education.  Pisses me off.
Molon Lube