News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Bu☆ns on June 14, 2019, 01:08:52 AM
Republican blocks bill requiring campaigns to alert FBI to foreign assistance

Complicit motherfuc...

There's no sense getting worked up about it now.  This is the new normal.  The republic is as dead as yesterday's fish sandwich.

The most you can do is wait and watch for a chance to stick your thumb in their eye.
Molon Lube

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 14, 2019, 03:31:22 AM

Complicit motherfuc...

There's no sense getting worked up about it now.  This is the new normal.  The republic is as dead as yesterday's fish sandwich.

The most you can do is wait and watch for a chance to stick your thumb in their eye.

Funny how it's always like one holdout--taking it for the team. Last time it was John Rose with the disaster relief bill :argh!:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Bu☆ns on June 15, 2019, 02:21:27 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 14, 2019, 03:31:22 AM

Complicit motherfuc...

Funny how it's always like one holdout--taking it for the team. Last time it was John Rose with the disaster relief bill :argh!:

One day, they will all be made to "sneeze into the basket," but I fear that day is not happening this month.
Molon Lube

Cain

She's very close friends with an attorney who is a very close friend of the Russian oligarch who helps to bankroll the NRA.

Just saying.

Cain

Trump admin is now arguing it does not need to provide soap or toothbrushes to detained immigrant children.

But the real outrage is them being referred to as "concentration camps", remember.

Juana

A thousand tiny little cruelties. But what's a lifetime of bad teeth when you've already got CPTSD and an attachment disorder?
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

altered

Oh, oh, I can answer this!

Actually not much. When the mental damage piles up high enough, basic maintenance of your health becomes really hard. The little things that tell most people something is wrong and should be addressed get buried under the whomping massive signals that everything is wrong forever and can't be fixed.

I have trouble recognizing when I'm thirsty, hungry and tired, these things blend into my emotional damage. I have to concentrate to differentiate sickness from depression. My health is so bad that I actively have to avoid thinking too hard about it or I'll make it worse by way of stress responses.

And I'd argue that my life was, at the absolute worst, no more than equal to the luckiest kids there. And I'm as fucked up as I said above.

So yeah. The teeth will very likely be a drop in the bucket. If the Hep A outbreak going around the homeless community right now breaks in, they might well have trouble recognizing /that./ All of which makes it even more important to provide the tools to keep their health up in the first place, but our brilliant pile of toxic fucking waste in the throne room disagrees, so who am I to question?
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on June 20, 2019, 06:22:02 AM
Trump admin is now arguing it does not need to provide soap or toothbrushes to detained immigrant children.

But the real outrage is them being referred to as "concentration camps", remember.

:lol:

If George Takei calls them concentration camps, I'll take his word for it.
Molon Lube

Juana

Quote from: Cain on June 21, 2019, 12:44:54 AM
"The cruelty is the point."

Oh, I know that intimately and on multiple levels. It's just an observation.

Also, denying them soap is how you create conditions for one hell of an epidemic, come to think of it.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on June 21, 2019, 01:50:50 AM
Quote from: Cain on June 21, 2019, 12:44:54 AM
"The cruelty is the point."

Oh, I know that intimately and on multiple levels. It's just an observation.

Also, denying them soap is how you create conditions for one hell of an epidemic, come to think of it.

And when disease doesn't do the job fast enough, they will "go up the stack."

I've heard this joke before.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

altered

No, there sure are, and those words are "rotten filth caked pigfucking cartoon caricature Ebenezer Scrooge demons".

Followed by five minutes of incoherent yelling at the blank space you imagine the two aforementioned rotten filth caked pigfucking cartoon caricature Ebenezer Scrooge demons to be in.

Then ambulance sirens after the blood pressure spikes high enough to bust a leak that works as a fine water jet cutter.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.