News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Cain on August 22, 2019, 11:11:46 AM
Quote from: nullified on August 21, 2019, 11:50:26 PM
Quote from: Cain on August 21, 2019, 10:49:20 AM
So, I don't know if anyone else here is following this, but it turns out a Falun Gong media outfit worked to get Trump elected because they believe he has been sent by Heaven to cause the fall of the Communist Regime.

This same network has been fuelling online propaganda for...Qanon.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/trump-qanon-impending-judgment-day-behind-facebook-fueled-rise-epoch-n1044121?fbclid=IwAR2koWWr8vKsF6uREmkID3YDsM-s7OCngZaBbKeuiBRaPEaFdo4OZiuXtGU

This explains a really weird amount of the disproportionate pull QAnon has had.

It does.

It also made at least one researcher, someone who is pretty much an expert in Aum Shinrikyo, freak out.

Because she's been saying for years that Aum didn't start out as a terrorist group. No, they started out as a new age movement with a side in conspiracy theory.

Like the Manson Family?
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Cain

Quote from: Cain on August 23, 2019, 09:46:33 PM
Look, while the tube station is only a five minute run up the round from where I am, those 5 minutes could be the difference between knowing about the ICBMs and getting underground or getting a better suntan than I ever wanted.

Speaking of which...

https://www.axios.com/trump-nuclear-bombs-hurricanes-97231f38-2394-4120-a3fa-8c9cf0e3f51c.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&fbclid=IwAR2y5m0iVXIEqpCIGO6_yc33CzrNup84uWmxL69Q4XFs6LD2-J2DPJkv9_g

QuotePresident Trump has suggested multiple times to senior Homeland Security and national security officials that they explore using nuclear bombs to stop hurricanes from hitting the United States, according to sources who have heard the president's private remarks and been briefed on a National Security Council memorandum that recorded those comments.

Behind the scenes: During one hurricane briefing at the White House, Trump said, "I got it. I got it. Why don't we nuke them?" according to one source who was there. "They start forming off the coast of Africa, as they're moving across the Atlantic, we drop a bomb inside the eye of the hurricane and it disrupts it. Why can't we do that?" the source added, paraphrasing the president's remarks.

Asked how the briefer reacted, the source recalled he said something to the effect of, "Sir, we'll look into that."

Trump replied by asking incredulously how many hurricanes the U.S. could handle and reiterating his suggestion that the government intervene before they make landfall.

The briefer "was knocked back on his heels," the source in the room added. "You could hear a gnat fart in that meeting. People were astonished. After the meeting ended, we thought, 'What the f---? What do we do with this?'"

The Johnny

That's stupid.

Clearly, if the hurricanes are forming in the african coastline, we should destroy the african coastline! That way we'll never have hurricanes. EVER. AGAIN.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Cain on August 26, 2019, 12:31:47 AM
Behind the scenes: During one hurricane briefing at the White House, Trump said, "I got it. I got it. Why don't we nuke them?" according to one source who was there. "They start forming off the coast of Africa, as they're moving across the Atlantic, we drop a bomb inside the eye of the hurricane and it disrupts it. Why can't we do that?" the source added, paraphrasing the president's remarks.

From my armchair:

The energy output and scale of a hurricane dwarfs even the biggest bomb.
Tsar bomba had a yield of 50 megatons, and a blast radius of around ~30-60 km.  (Most bombs are rather smaller).
An hurricane can release the equivalent of 13,000 megatons per day, and has a diameter anywhere from 150 km to 1000+ km.

And aside from the fact that dumping more energy into a high-energy system doesn't make the energy go away, fallout is a thing.

But you know, "Radioactive Hurricane" might be a good name for a death-metal group.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

chaotic neutral observer

I think it would be a better idea to make an anti-hurricane (rotating in the opposite direction), and then ram it into the first hurricane.  You know, so they cancel each other out.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

altered

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on August 26, 2019, 01:02:54 AM
I think it would be a better idea to make an anti-hurricane (rotating in the opposite direction), and then ram it into the first hurricane.  You know, so they cancel each other out.

Weirdly enough, from my knowledge of physics this would actually be effective. Granted, the place where the two met would be utterly fucked, but assuming you matched the wind speeds and sizes, then forced them to meet in the ocean, this isn't entirely insane.

"What about making one?" you say. "How on earth could we engineer a macro scale weather system to our particular needs?" And I laugh at you and throw rancid fish.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Johnny

Quote from: nullified on August 26, 2019, 01:24:42 AM
Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on August 26, 2019, 01:02:54 AM

Weirdly enough, from my knowledge of physics this would actually be effective. Granted, the place where the two met would be utterly fucked, but assuming you matched the wind speeds and sizes, then forced them to meet in the ocean, this isn't entirely insane.

"What about making one?" you say. "How on earth could we engineer a macro scale weather system to our particular needs?" And I laugh at you and throw rancid fish.

Jesse Ventura tried to warn us about HAARP, but we wouln't listen.  :fnord:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

I have bad news.

There is a very good reason to believe that Trump got this idea from the plot of Sharknado. He was lined up to play the President in Sharknado 3, and the plot of Sharknado is literally "throw bombs in the tornado to equalise it out".

altered

For fucks sake. At this point I have to start blaming Eris, that would be just too fucking much to pin on anyone else. Even damn stinking apes are more sensible than that. And Eris just loves to fuck with us, so it fits the MO.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

I can't think of anything that could go wrong with a radioactive hurricane.
Molon Lube

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 26, 2019, 06:03:09 PM

I was talking about the Sharknado thing. Radioactive hurricanes sound good now.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Junkenstein

The current apocalypse scenarios were rather dull. Climate change? A yawn. Iran/Pakistan? Too complicated with difficult names.

However, throw a few nukes at anything and it becomes much more entertaining. Just wait until this is proposed to deal with tsunamis. Or flooding.

Or Mexico.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Frontside Back

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 26, 2019, 06:53:30 PM

The current apocalypse scenarios were rather dull. Climate change? A yawn. Iran/Pakistan? Too complicated with difficult names.

However, throw a few nukes at anything and it becomes much more entertaining. Just wait until this is proposed to deal with tsunamis. Or flooding.

Or Mexico.

We can always use nuclear winter to offset the global warming so there's nothing to worry about.
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

The Johnny

Quote from: Frontside Back on August 26, 2019, 07:04:00 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on August 26, 2019, 06:53:30 PM

Or Mexico.

We can always use nuclear winter to offset the global warming so there's nothing to worry about.

Well, we do have a problem with overpopulation and too much heat down here... how bad could a little bit of nuclear winter really be?

-B.F. Skinner