News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Frankly I don't think we should do anything about the situation in Saudi Arabia at all. According to wikipedia there weren't any fatalities so I don't see a damn reason why the attacks shouldn't be celebrated. Fuck Saudi Arabia and fuck the fossil fuel industry.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

The Johnny

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on September 17, 2019, 10:54:22 PM
Frankly I don't think we should do anything about the situation in Saudi Arabia at all. According to wikipedia there weren't any fatalities so I don't see a damn reason why the attacks shouldn't be celebrated. Fuck Saudi Arabia and fuck the fossil fuel industry.

Well, as long as wikipedia with its independent journalism experience has confirmed it then it must be true!
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: The Johnny on September 18, 2019, 05:00:56 AM

Well, as long as wikipedia with its independent journalism experience has confirmed it then it must be true!

None of the newspaper articles I've seen seem to mention any fatalities either (although I must admit I didn;t read them very thoroughly)
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Fujikoma

Doktor Howl

And fuck our food prices and fuck everything else.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on September 18, 2019, 07:22:27 AM

None of the newspaper articles I've seen seem to mention any fatalities either (although I must admit I didn;t read them very thoroughly)

Why would you?   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Cain

It dropped Saudi Arabia's fuel output in half.

Half as much fuel going to China. Half as much going to India and the USA. What's oil used for, again? Oh yeah, everything involving power. Think of the knock-on economic effects. Think how that impinges on employment and unrest.  And that's without the possibility of the idiots known as the Saudi Army starting a shooting war across the Straits of Hormuz and/or in Iraqi territory in addition to the war they're currently waging, and losing, in Yemen.

20% of the world's global oil supply would be halted due to a shooting war. And just imagine what that would do.

Frontside Back

Total war is the only tech we know about that actually cools down the climate. For the record, I'm all for going over the 1.5 quota, world wars are so 20th century.
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on September 18, 2019, 03:56:18 PM

Half as much fuel going to China. Half as much going to India and the USA. What's oil used for, again? Oh yeah, everything involving power. Think of the knock-on economic effects. Think how that impinges on employment and unrest.  And that's without the possibility of the idiots known as the Saudi Army starting a shooting war across the Straits of Hormuz and/or in Iraqi territory in addition to the war they're currently waging, and losing, in Yemen.

20% of the world's global oil supply would be halted due to a shooting war. And just imagine what that would do.

Shandor thinks that suddenly shutting off fossil fuel availability is a good thing.

Because he is a fucking moron.  Same sort of useless shit that worked at Aerobus plants in Wales and voted Brexit.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Also, place your bets on the O'Brien "spending more time with the family" pool:

https://www.apnews.com/11df7e443937454db9a7103f5ffe84a4
Molon Lube

Frontside Back

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 18, 2019, 04:06:27 PM
Quote from: Cain on September 18, 2019, 03:56:18 PM

Isn't that like saying reform over revolution?
Shandor thinks that suddenly shutting off fossil fuel availability is a good thing.

Because he is a fucking moron.  Same sort of useless shit that worked at Aerobus plants in Wales and voted Brexit.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Frontside Back on September 18, 2019, 04:20:47 PM

Which?

Stating that crashing the entire world's economy on the assumption that you can get agriculture going again is somehow superior to just fixing shit?
Molon Lube

Frontside Back

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 18, 2019, 04:24:03 PM

Which?

Stating that crashing the entire world's economy on the assumption that you can get agriculture going again is somehow superior to just fixing shit?

Wait yea, I got that backwards. Still, one could argue that longer we fix the shit before letting it blow up, the more revolutionary and less reformist things will get. I won't though. Actuall I just might STFU for a week, or for at least until I'm less drunk.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Frontside Back on September 18, 2019, 04:48:57 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 18, 2019, 04:24:03 PM

Which?

Wait yea, I got that backwards. Still, one could argue that longer we fix the shit before letting it blow up, the more revolutionary and less reformist things will get. I won't though. Actuall I just might STFU for a week, or for at least until I'm less drunk.

You are assuming that under the current load, we would recover at all from a blow up.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Fujikoma

It's open bar, boys, and the apocalypse is always on tap.