News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Cain on October 03, 2019, 06:18:07 PM
He's degenerating in real-time.

I worked in care, specifically with Alzheimer's patients. I can't say for sure it is Alzheimers, but it's without doubt some form of dementia.

The running theory seems to be frontotemporal dementia...

Tom Joseph on twitter and his website tends to be the predominant source of this theory. Best way to source would be to scroll through some of the rolled up threads and find some dealing with trump's dementia: https://threadreaderapp.com/user/tomjchicago -- he talks about it rather often.

The Johnny

Lee, Bandy X.(2017) "The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump: 27 Psychiatrists and Mental Health Experts Assess a President

"The New York Times bestseller! More than two dozen psychiatrists and psychologists offer their consensus view that Trump's mental state presents a clear and present danger to our nation and individual well-being.

This is not normal.

Since the start of Donald Trump's presidential run, one question has quietly but urgently permeated the observations of concerned citizens: What is wrong with him? Constrained by the American Psychiatric Association's "Goldwater rule," which inhibits mental health professionals from diagnosing public figures they have not personally examined, many of those qualified to answer this question have shied away from discussing the issue at all. The public has thus been left to wonder whether he is mad, bad, or both.

In THE DANGEROUS CASE OF DONALD TRUMP, twenty-seven psychiatrists, psychologists, and other mental health experts argue that, in Mr. Trump's case, their moral and civic "duty to warn" America supersedes professional neutrality. They then explore Trump's symptoms and potentially relevant diagnoses to find a complex, if also dangerously mad, man.

Philip Zimbardo and Rosemary Sword, for instance, explain Trump's impulsivity in terms of "unbridled and extreme present hedonism." Craig Malkin writes on pathological narcissism and politics as a lethal mix. Gail Sheehy, on a lack of trust that exceeds paranoia. Lance Dodes, on sociopathy. Robert Jay Lifton, on the "malignant normality" that can set in everyday life if psychiatrists do not speak up.

His madness is catching, too. From the trauma people have experienced under the Trump administration to the cult-like characteristics of his followers, he has created unprecedented mental health consequences across our nation and beyond.

It's not all in our heads. It's in his."
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 03, 2019, 05:17:53 PM
WON'T STOP CAN'T STOP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrUvu1mlWco

It's our party we can do what we want
It's our party we can say what we want
It's our party we can love who we want

We can kiss who we want
We can see who we want

If you're not ready to go home
Can I get a hell no

'Cause we gonna go all night
'Till we see the sunlight alright
So la da da di we like to party
Dancing with Molly
Doing whatever we want,

This is our house
This is our rules

And we can't stop (whoa)
And we won't stop (whoa)
Can't you see it's we who own the night
Can't you see it we who bout' that life
And we can't stop (whoa)
And we won't stop (whoa)

We run things, things don't run we

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Faust

This is how they get him, he can't stop doubling down.
Within a walk he will be giving press conferences on the hookers he has buried in the desert.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

Cain

Quote from: Bu☆ns on October 04, 2019, 01:08:06 AM

I worked in care, specifically with Alzheimer's patients. I can't say for sure it is Alzheimers, but it's without doubt some form of dementia.

Could be. If he suddenly becomes apathetic, then it's very likely. Ultimately FTD blunts all emotional reactions, so if he stops being a rage monster on Twitter, watch out.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Cain on October 04, 2019, 12:40:38 PM
Quote from: Bu☆ns on October 04, 2019, 01:08:06 AM

Could be. If he suddenly becomes apathetic, then it's very likely. Ultimately FTD blunts all emotional reactions, so if he stops being a rage monster on Twitter, watch out.

Good to know, thanks

Magpie

Quote from: Cain on October 04, 2019, 12:35:33 PM
Holy fuck. Give this a read everyone

https://foreignaffairs.house.gov/_cache/files/a/4/a4a91fab-99cd-4eb9-9c6c-ec1c586494b9/621801458E982E9903839ABC7404A917.chairmen-letter-on-state-departmnent-texts-10-03-19.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3wFAt18MQbM-NAqk6SEabaC_iibmx2W7pULMw7ufzcKwRvzp24bViY_oU

"Lets not discuss our criminal conspiracy by text."

"As we discussed illegally in our last phone call we should illegally do the illegal thing."

Is a bit of subtlety so much to ask?

I would've expected diplomats to be less direct in writing.

Cain

The more circumspect one, Sondland, isn't actually a diplomat by training. He's a Trump megadonor who got parachuted into his job.

Taylor on the other hand is. I'm not sure whether he's trying to get everything on record in order to implicate his bosses (a trick I have done before) or just really dim.

Doktor Howl

This is also good.  It describes the convenient timing of the cancellation of defense funds.

https://www.apnews.com/bab6ca5a6f39431ea2fbf98c73107917
Molon Lube

Cain

Yeah, everything lines up on this. We have Trump, Pence, Pompeo and Giuliani all implicated, the timelines and the communications all reinforce that this was a thing.

Junkenstein

The abrupt change in tone and language makes me think a lawyer got involved at the end and was simultaneously shitting themselves and brought to orgasm by the coming billable hours.

So what's likely after the senate kills this? Protests and riots or apathy?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on October 06, 2019, 07:06:50 PM
The abrupt change in tone and language makes me think a lawyer got involved at the end and was simultaneously shitting themselves and brought to orgasm by the coming billable hours.

So what's likely after the senate kills this? Protests and riots or apathy?

Yes.
Molon Lube

Cain

Trump approved genocide, now coming to northern Syria.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on October 07, 2019, 04:11:57 PM
Trump approved genocide, now coming to northern Syria.

Erdogan must have promised to investigate Hunter Biden.

QuoteSunday's announcement followed a call between Trump and Erdogan, the White House said Sunday.
Molon Lube