News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on October 29, 2019, 02:42:01 PM
But Roger, can we trust that this Jewish soldier does not have dual loyalties?

:lulz:

Funny thing is, his ancestry is Russian and he has displayed a willingness to stick his thumb in Russia's eye.

But of course they're going to say he's disloyal.
Molon Lube

Cain

Well, that's how history goes, you know. We're well into the "as farce" stage by this point.

But seriously the analogy is too good to pass up on.

The Johnny

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 29, 2019, 02:42:26 PM
And then Trump stepped out of his bubble. 

https://apnews.com/e749219724ba489bb137d6086dc06676

Quote""I'd wear getting booed in the swamp as a badge of honor," tweeted his oldest son, Donald Trump Jr. "If you're pissing them off you're doing something right!"

Ah yes, the 2nd class citizen democratic swamp peoples don't deserve representation, according to Jr.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Faust

Maybe they can be repurposed by ICE as gulags?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

"Which one of you is man enough to fill in for Ma?" — from "The Sons of Katie Elder"

Doktor Howl

Trump is gonna shit.   :lulz:

https://apnews.com/63057938a5b64d3592f800de19f443bc

QuoteSAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Twitter is banning all political advertising from its service, saying social media companies give advertisers an unfair advantage in proliferating highly targeted, misleading messages.
Molon Lube

The Johnny

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 30, 2019, 08:30:57 PM

QuoteSAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Twitter is banning all political advertising from its service, saying social media companies give advertisers an unfair advantage in proliferating highly targeted, misleading messages.

I think last year there was a crackdown on Instagram about all these people promoting products, in which they had to change their accounts to a business profile or explicitly announce that it was a paid promotion... I think Youtube has a similar policy in which paid promotions need to be announced.

So, policing "political advertisement" whichever way its defined is very much harder to come thru with, since one cannot easily tell who is getting paid or not to promote a viewpoint or stance, so the only manner to truly clean house is to get rid of it altogether... which would make Twitter unique in that policy, which i feel is a step in a good direction (?), but people will just use other platforms for the same purpose, so its inconsequential (?)
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Junkenstein

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 30, 2019, 08:30:57 PM

I expect the chosen replacement will rue the day. But its a wonderful fuck you. Taking away his favourite toy. He's having the best, most beautiful tantrum right now. The biggest paddy of all time. Experts have examined it and they say it was twice as big as any hissy fit Obama managed. Period.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Quote"According to Mr. Morrison, President Trump told Ambassador Sondland that he was not asking for a quid pro quo," Taylor testified. "But President Trump did insist that President Zelenskiy go to a microphone and say he is opening investigations of Biden and 2016 election interference, and that President Zelenskiy should want to do this himself. Mr. Morrison said that he told Ambassador Bolton and the NSC lawyers of this phone call between President Trump and Ambassador Sondland."

https://apnews.com/e6b5c1b4adbc40dda0bb4f7fba8bae1d
Molon Lube

Cain

altered

So it wasn't quid pro quo because it was extortion! Checkmate liberals 8)
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on October 31, 2019, 02:46:55 PM
Yeah, that's actually called extortion.

"I want you should do me this favor, on this, the day of my daughter's wedding.  ehhhhh"
\
:joshua:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Also this.

https://apnews.com/b319898fe544456a912e5aa456cf8ffc

QuoteWASHINGTON (AP) — A federal watchdog is criticizing the way the Trump administration handles taxes on imported steel and aluminum, saying a lack of transparency creates the appearance of "improper influence."

The Commerce Department's inspector general raised questions about a process that lets steel and aluminum importers request relief from tariffs imposed in March 2018.

Other companies — mostly U.S. steel and aluminum producers that benefit from the tariffs — can object to the exemption requests.

In an Oct. 28 report, the IG said Commerce officials had discussed the requests with "interested parties" and took action based on those conversations. But it said the exchanges were not mentioned in official records, suggesting that the "review process is not transparent and that decisions are not rendered based on evidence contained in the record."

More Boss Tweed fun at link.
Molon Lube