News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 14, 2020, 08:09:25 PM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on January 14, 2020, 07:46:38 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 14, 2020, 07:25:50 PM
Meanwhile, I am once again forced to admit that Pelosi knows what the hell she's doing.

Now that Trump has had his big distraction and it's fallen off of the news...

https://apnews.com/8276d7dc28f15fc46d1b6c546dd66382

What's her game do you think? I'm a little out of the loop on what's going on with it

Apparently, she anticipated the "wag the dog" business in Iran (or anticipated something like it), so she delayed until after the incident to release the impeachment articles to the senate.

Given that nothing else has changed, it's the only thing that makes sense.

That makes sense to me
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cain

I mean, my first thought ran to blackmail or intimidation rather than outright assassination.

But any of those things, to be done by an agent of the President's lawyer, against a sitting Ambassador, is still extremely fucking stupid.

Cain

It seems like there were concerns about her security, though

Cain

Anna Mae Bollocks

You can't make this shit up.
I hope Pelosi takes note.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Bu🤠ns

altered

Oh it's all going down in flames.

I'm not sure whether to prepare for our fucked up future in the US or to get out before someone notices what's happening, freaks out, and knocks over a kettle drum of some horrible halogen polyfluoride while trying to run away.

Granted, that might end up being me if I get out. But at least I'll be able to appreciate my demise, as my flesh catches fire and becomes a corrosive contact explosive.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cain

Of course they did some dumb shit like this. Trump clearly has never heard of plausible deniability

tyrannosaurus vex

the only thing I'm sure of is that this will all blow over and trump will emerge unscathed as usual
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on January 16, 2020, 03:46:30 PM
the only thing I'm sure of is that this will all blow over and trump will emerge unscathed as usual

Well, yeah.  The dems seem to be completely incapable of learning that the rules have changed.

Example:  That non-binding resolution about Iran.  How bowel-liquifyingly terrifying that must have been for Trump.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Also, when you subpoena someone and they say "no", the VERY FIRST THING YOU DO is send the sergeant at arms around to put them in shackles.
Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

The White House violated federal law by withholding security aid approved by lawmakers for Ukraine, a nonpartisan congressional watchdog said on Thursday, in a blow for U.S. President Donald Trump as the Senate prepared to hold a trial on whether to remove him from office.

"Faithful execution of the law does not permit the President to substitute his own policy priorities for those that Congress has enacted into law," the Government Accountability Office (GAO) concluded, referring to the fact that Congress had already voted to appropriate the funds.

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pmn/politics-news-pmn/white-house-broke-law-by-withholding-ukraine-aid-congressional-agency-says

Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Cain

Quote"Faithful execution of the law does not permit the President to substitute his own policy priorities for those that Congress has enacted into law," the Government Accountability Office (GAO) concluded

This is the "I can't believe I actually have to write this, but here we go" sentence

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on January 17, 2020, 12:51:25 PM
The White House violated federal law by withholding security aid approved by lawmakers for Ukraine, a nonpartisan congressional watchdog said on Thursday, in a blow for U.S. President Donald Trump as the Senate prepared to hold a trial on whether to remove him from office.

"Faithful execution of the law does not permit the President to substitute his own policy priorities for those that Congress has enacted into law," the Government Accountability Office (GAO) concluded, referring to the fact that Congress had already voted to appropriate the funds.

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pmn/politics-news-pmn/white-house-broke-law-by-withholding-ukraine-aid-congressional-agency-says

But it surprises no one. That the law has been violated and power has been abused is well established and the only legitimate legal recourse is well known. More documentation is just more kindling for the fire that nobody is serious about lighting. If the Democrats were serious, they'd be including Pence in this impeachment proceeding, and they'd be pulling every dirty trick they could on GOP senators, up to and including blackmail and extortion, because obviously we can't trust the Republican-controlled Senate to act in good faith. But they're not serious, they're just trying to score political points in an election year, as usual.

Everybody already knows the Republicans are corrupt and lawless, even the Republican base. It isn't going to bring them down, though. It's actually an advantage for them. The Democrats' political charades aren't going to motivate voters in November, they're just going to underscore the fact that no one with the power to confront Trumpism has any real inclination to confront it unless they can do so within the bounds of business as usual.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.