News:

PD.com: Where we throw rocks at your sacred cows

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

Of course you know this means the acquittal is now a sure thing in fact, and not just in expectation. Romney wouldn't be casting this vote otherwise.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on February 05, 2020, 08:35:19 PM
Of course you know this means the acquittal is now a sure thing in fact, and not just in expectation. Romney wouldn't be casting this vote otherwise.

I think he might.  Just the things he has done has made him a mortal enemy of Donald Trump and his base.

Besides, we already knew the acquittal was a sure thing.  We always knew that.

In related news, Collins has returned to lap dog mode and will be voting to acquit, while Doug Jones of all people will be voting to convict.
Molon Lube

LMNO

It would be hilarious if the GOP got its signals crossed, and one too many people accidentally vote to convict.

But this is decisively not the best of all possible worlds, so I'm not holding my breath.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 05, 2020, 08:42:59 PM
Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on February 05, 2020, 08:35:19 PM

I think he might.  Just the things he has done has made him a mortal enemy of Donald Trump and his base.

Besides, we already knew the acquittal was a sure thing.  We always knew that.

In related news, Collins has returned to lap dog mode and will be voting to acquit, while Doug Jones of all people will be voting to convict.

Susan Collins is like a splinter that keeps getting wedged farther and farther underneath every one of my fingernails simultaneously.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Juana

Quote from: LMNO on February 05, 2020, 08:23:12 PM
He's making a bold wager that in 2028, Trump voters will be somewhat embarrassed with what they did in 2016-2024, and take another swing as a supposedly "Principled Republican" candidate.
Doesn't make up for him being a Mormon. 🤷 Like, my county voted blue in 2012 for the first time since the Southern Strategy bc we hate Mormons here more than black folks.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on February 05, 2020, 08:44:49 PM

But this is decisively not the best of all possible worlds, so I'm not holding my breath.

I bet it fucking is.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

I literally once registered republican so that I could get additional opportunities to vote against Romney

now I'm like "hurr durr maybe he can save america" 

This is some fucking game of thrones shit
:madbanana:

See also: John Bolton

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on February 05, 2020, 09:12:00 PM
I literally once registered republican so that I could get additional opportunities to vote against Romney

now I'm like "hurr durr maybe he can save america" 

This is some fucking game of thrones shit
:madbanana:

See also: John Bolton

Bolton played things a little TOO close to his vest and now he is marked for death by El Presidente.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

Juana

Yep. We all knew it was a performance from the start.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cain

Maybe they'll flip the Senate...but it doesn't seem likely.

Bruno

Quote from: Juana on February 05, 2020, 11:53:39 PM

I think the point of it was to get the Republicans to roll around in Trump's shit and tell us how much they like it.

So... mission accomplished, I guess.

EDIT:  VIDEO LINK DELETED.

Bruno, next time put a NSFW warning on that.  Not fucking kidding.

- Dok
Formerly something else...

Cramulus

Quote from: Cain on February 06, 2020, 12:05:21 AM
Maybe they'll flip the Senate...but it doesn't seem likely.

:lol:
if dems take the senate, I wonder if they can run an impeachment lightning round without calling any witnesses

ah, it's a fun / terrifying fantasy

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Bruno on February 06, 2020, 07:22:21 AM
Quote from: Juana on February 05, 2020, 11:53:39 PM

I think the point of it was to get the Republicans to roll around in Trump's shit and tell us how much they like it.

So... mission accomplished, I guess.

It was for me.  I just wanted them to say the quiet parts out loud.
Molon Lube