News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 28, 2020, 08:58:29 PM
Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on February 28, 2020, 07:54:40 PM
Well, there was a report of someone in Japan who tested positive twice.  I suspect that she either wasn't cured completely, or someone messed up the labwork, but an intermittently lethal virus that humans can't develop a long-term immunity to would be a pretty neat doomsday weapon.

If it doesn't get you the first time, just wait for the next go-around!

I was just reading about this.  Coronavirus immunity doesn't last very long.

But it's not THAT short.  The test was bad?
Quite possibly. Or whatever chemical signature they were looking for was still present post-symptoms

There is a small but real chance it remains dormant in the system post-symptoms, if so it just might reemerge symptomaticly later like impetigo, even be infectious asymptomatic like. This is not my opinion, but if more double positive tests occur it would be a... Bad indication.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 28, 2020, 09:12:06 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 28, 2020, 08:58:29 PM
Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on February 28, 2020, 07:54:40 PM
Well, there was a report of someone in Japan who tested positive twice.  I suspect that she either wasn't cured completely, or someone messed up the labwork, but an intermittently lethal virus that humans can't develop a long-term immunity to would be a pretty neat doomsday weapon.

If it doesn't get you the first time, just wait for the next go-around!

I was just reading about this.  Coronavirus immunity doesn't last very long.

But it's not THAT short.  The test was bad?
Quite possibly. Or whatever chemical signature they were looking for was still present post-symptoms

There is a small but real chance it remains dormant in the system post-symptoms, if so it just might reemerge symptomaticly later like impetigo, even be infectious asymptomatic like. This is not my opinion, but if more double positive tests occur it would be a... Bad indication.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/clinical-guidance-management-patients.html

It's much worse than I thought. It causes damage to various organs and systems in a very unpredictable symptom presentation. Incubation ~5 days, 4-7 range reported, coronaviruses can range from 2-14.

A range like that makes it extremely difficult to track from site to site, and I suspect we'll be unable to keep track at all very soon because we already have tertiary cases.

Virus rna shows up in various discharges and fluids as well as active viruses, rna may be detected for weeks after. If folks are testing positive well after symptom cessation this is hopefully why. If they are STILL testing positive for rna a month from now it means they are still producing waste rna. That STRONGLY would imply that the virus is still replicating and infectious. By the time we know it WILL be far too late. If it's still replicating post symptoms it DEFINITELY has a REAL chance of a completely different symptom presentation as it enters otherwise protected systems. It would build up in the body over time potentially breaching the blood-brain barrier. I shudder to think what this fucker would very likely do to your mostly defenseless grey matter.

Cain you said that a bioweapon that presents only a nasty flu would be a let down... If you read the symptom spectrum it's NOT THE FLU BUDDY!

This one is a monster and if it does what my worst fear here implies... It just might be engineered, at first, but will heavily mutate over time into SEVERAL or even DOZENS of unique strains in relatively short order. It may be debilitating, deadly, prolific, and ultimately incurable. I've made a LOT of humanity killers in Plague Inc. This thing has all the right stuff not to wipe out, but to suppress a whole culture with illness and death at great medical cost in what will soon be an environment of limited supply. Stock up on hand sanitizer, masks, and impermeable gloves. They may not save you, but they will soon be very valuable trade goods.

I give it 4 months at a guess, then the political rallies become a deathbed, and they're feeding the idiots dangerous propaganda already, intentionally.

Fuck I hope I'm wrong and this will pass by then, but I SERIOUSLY doubt it. The infection control protocol is basically a medical space suit right down to full facial eye protection. This thing is very upsetting in the best case scenario. The worst case, if I'm right about the latency period and a second symptom expression in the brain, would seem to me a perfect storm by design or chance.

It will make no difference which.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

So if the Taliban renounce terrorism, all NATO forces will be out of Afghanistan in 14 months time. A partial withdrawal will take place in exactly 135 days...just as the Democratic National Convention gets started.

Funny that.

Cramulus

Quote from: Cain on February 28, 2020, 07:31:48 PM
I've been banned from a lot of conspiracy groups and I haven't felt like logging in on one of my alts. I knew Russian botnets were spreading the theory, but I didn't know how much traction it had.

I'd also like to think if someone invented a virus to devastate the global population as part of a sinister plot, that they could do better than "slightly more virulent flu".

https://botsentinel.com/trending-topics places #coronavirus as the 5th most popular topic among bots in the last 24 hours. (surpassed only by mentions of Trump, and variations of his campaign slogans)

Doktor Howl

https://apnews.com/28e60e866f6d32cdadedd126e292eba7

QuoteWASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump asserted anew on Saturday that Mexico is paying for his border wall, even as his administration shifts billions from the Pentagon to cover some construction costs and Mexico pitches in nothing.

A look at some of his claims from his speech to the Conservative Political Action Conference:

TRUMP, on Mexico and his border wall: "Yes they are. They're paying for it. And they're OK with it. Mexico's paying for it."

THE FACTS: That's false. Mexico is not paying for the wall. And far from being "OK with it," Mexican leaders flatly rejected the idea when Trump pressed them early on.

UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
Molon Lube

Faust

That kind of blatant doublethink is to give his followers license to ignore any criticism of the waste of money, I hate how he has normalised this, this is an irreparable wall that makes communication impossible, and will permanently divide people
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Juana

And won't actually do a damn thing except please the base.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

I told you the market surge was a dead cat bounce.

https://apnews.com/956c8b55380a70d7f344528f6d57b7b1

The drop in the market was not based on panic.  It was based on dry supply lines and missed shipments.
Molon Lube

Faust

The electronics supply chain is fucked
We are waiting on 200 boards from china, and a fuck load of cell routers. That is just china. That paralysis will spread if the virus spreads and supply chains worldwide get disrupted (even a slight reduction in speed of movement like -5% will send the world into a recession.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on March 05, 2020, 03:00:12 PM
The electronics supply chain is fucked
We are waiting on 200 boards from china, and a fuck load of cell routers. That is just china. That paralysis will spread if the virus spreads and supply chains worldwide get disrupted (even a slight reduction in speed of movement like -5% will send the world into a recession.

I feel you. 

We are 4 shipments behind on fiberglass.
Molon Lube

Faust

Just in time supply chains work in the perfect world, but well *shrugs and gestures at basically everything*

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on March 05, 2020, 03:13:25 PM
Just in time supply chains work in the perfect world, but well *shrugs and gestures at basically everything*

I loathe just in time supply chains.  You can also call them "flying without a net" or "driving without a seat belt."

Our warehouse guy calls it "Just in Truck Delivery" meaning, when you want it, it's somewhere on the highway in a truck.

The entire concept is just one more reason MBAs should be forced to live on a tiny island just off of Alaska.
Molon Lube

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 05, 2020, 03:15:54 PM
Quote from: Faust on March 05, 2020, 03:13:25 PM

I loathe just in time supply chains.  You can also call them "flying without a net" or "driving without a seat belt."

Our warehouse guy calls it "Just in Truck Delivery" meaning, when you want it, it's somewhere on the highway in a truck.

The entire concept is just one more reason MBAs should be forced to live on a tiny island just off of Alaska.
It was an excuse to remove the cost of a warehouse and stock sitting around, by instead taking on the risk that what you need may disappear tomorrow for an indefinite period of time

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on March 05, 2020, 03:18:51 PM

It was an excuse to remove the cost of a warehouse and stock sitting around, by instead taking on the risk that what you need may disappear tomorrow for an indefinite period of time

Well, yes.  MBA thinking.  Tomorrow never comes and in theory, if we lower costs enough, we can be profitable without selling anything at all.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl