News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

On the note of trans rights and shit I just today found out that literally only two states I've ever lived in for even a day have laws against trans/gay panic murder defenses. If we are counting 24 hour stays, I've been in half of the continental USA, easily.

Yesterday, a friend trying to help me asked what states I'd feel safest in, and I thought: "Relatively blue, relatively rural". And named Rhode Island (outside of Providence) and Maine as examples, with the caveat that neither is great (Providence is full of murdering cops and Maine is racist podunk central).

Well, I think those were better states to choose than I thought. There are only six other states with trans/gay panic defenses: NY, CT, HI, CA, NV, and IL. And CT was my third choice if my friend wanted another example.

Massachusetts, Oregon, Washington — liberal bastions, y'know — will let you walk away from a murder charge if you claim that finding out the victim was trans drove you into a rage so overpowering that your only choice was murder.

That's legalized hate crime there. And it's most of the nation.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Pergamos

Washington is a pretty good state for trans folks, our governor made it clear that trans medical rights are still protected here even if they aren't federally.  That we still have trans panic as a defense for murder is awful.

altered

Yeah well it's America

Also I fully expect the next underhanded step is for trump to start trying to normalize trans/gay panic because he's already given up on badly, badly fucking pretending to be an LGBT ally and his base will squirm in delight over legal hate crimes, also pride month is only halfway over and we had a win and the chuds cannot let that fucking stand
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Freeky

it's scary. i'm housebound and the kid is fragile, so we don't go out much to begin with, and i'm lucky to have found a queer positive school for them so they're not being threatened and beat up like they were in public school, but i have a lot of fear for my lgbtq brothers, sisters, and siblings who are more at risk than we are.

altered

I got a rant on but I'm trying to regain my ability to keep the fucking rabies in check so all I'll say is my life-and-death situation and that of my queer siblings isn't for your fear, put your brain back at home or put work into fixing the lives of people who aren't your inner circle, none of this zero-investment "worry" bullshit, thanks

Tl;dr version is don't make my trauma about your mental fucking health

Freeky

Quote from: altered on June 18, 2020, 12:39:04 AM
I got a rant on but I'm trying to regain my ability to keep the fucking rabies in check so all I'll say is my life-and-death situation and that of my queer siblings isn't for your fear, put your brain back at home or put work into fixing the lives of people who aren't your inner circle, none of this zero-investment "worry" bullshit, thanks

i'm queer too, why can't i just be open about my fear? as someone who doesn't leave the house i have the fear in more a vague sense, but my kid (also queer, also traumatized, maybe not as much as you but it's not a fucking contest), they're gonna be in very real danger when they start going back to school via the public bus, going about their life living their own honesty, and fuck you for trying to tell me i'm co-opting your trauma like you're the only one here who has it.

altered

The way you talked sounded like Stupid fucking performative ally shit, and I've had it up to here with those fuckers

You get to be scared if you're in the community

altered

And to be clear I have actually had to deal with cishets fucking going "oh, it's so stressful, I'm so worried for all those people" and I've successfully driven them all to block me or avoid me now because I will not fucking HAVE IT, they can do something or shut the fuck up, by fucking god even the people who are being publicly hung in trees at this very fucking moment are doing shit for their queer groups, the white girls can shut the fuck up and get to work or stop whining about me being in danger, I'm so fucking mad

Freeky

Quote from: altered on June 18, 2020, 12:59:55 AM
And to be clear I have actually had to deal with cishets fucking going "oh, it's so stressful, I'm so worried for all those people" and I've successfully driven them all to block me or avoid me now because I will not fucking HAVE IT, they can do something or shut the fuck up, by fucking god even the people who are being publicly hung in trees at this very fucking moment are doing shit for their queer groups, the white girls can shut the fuck up and get to work or stop whining about me being in danger, I'm so fucking mad

what a god damned mood. i'm lucky that i don't have to deal with this bullshit in the other spaces i inhabit, it's solidly queer or queer positive cishet without the performative nonsense. i think if i did i'd lose my mind

Cain

Well I'll say this: if I get to New Zealand before you do, you can definitely crash with me while sorting out what you need. With my parents moving back to Australia (probably, current events pending) that's been my plan for a while now, because while I have no problem moving to the southern hemisphere, Australia and its "lol what if forest fires are good, actually" policies are not inspiring confidence in competent government there.

altered

Quote from: Cain on June 18, 2020, 01:13:28 AM
Well I'll say this: if I get to New Zealand before you do, you can definitely crash with me while sorting out what you need. With my parents moving back to Australia (probably, current events pending) that's been my plan for a while now, because while I have no problem moving to the southern hemisphere, Australia and its "lol what if forest fires are good, actually" policies are not inspiring confidence in competent government there.

I wouldn't worry abt my housing in NZ because of how asylum works there thank god for sane governance

Cain

That is something then, at least. I'll admit I had no idea how NZ deals with asylum, but an Australian passport does mean my situation is a very easy one by comparison (unlimited right to remain and work...once my passport is renewed I can, in theory, just fly in and start applying for jobs tomorrow).

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on June 18, 2020, 12:39:04 AM

Fucking boom.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on June 18, 2020, 01:28:34 AM
That is something then, at least. I'll admit I had no idea how NZ deals with asylum, but an Australian passport does mean my situation is a very easy one by comparison (unlimited right to remain and work...once my passport is renewed I can, in theory, just fly in and start applying for jobs tomorrow).

I have learned that my Canadian citizenship and my work experience puts me in the "1" category.

But I'm not leaving, for two reasons.

1.  New Zealand doesn't need any Americans that don't need to be there, and

2.  My hate.  It's here.
Molon Lube