News:

Feel my amazing brain. Go on, touch it!

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Freeky on June 18, 2020, 01:06:37 AM

what a god damned mood. i'm lucky that i don't have to deal with this bullshit in the other spaces i inhabit, it's solidly queer or queer positive cishet without the performative nonsense. i think if i did i'd lose my mind

Jargon olympic gold medal, right here.
Molon Lube

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 18, 2020, 01:59:59 AM
Quote from: Cain on June 18, 2020, 01:28:34 AM
That is something then, at least. I'll admit I had no idea how NZ deals with asylum, but an Australian passport does mean my situation is a very easy one by comparison (unlimited right to remain and work...once my passport is renewed I can, in theory, just fly in and start applying for jobs tomorrow).

I have learned that my Canadian citizenship and my work experience puts me in the "1" category.

But I'm not leaving, for two reasons.

1.  New Zealand doesn't need any Americans that don't need to be there, and

2.  My hate.  It's here.

The only way I can see you leaving America is to go to Hungary. Maybe Brazil.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on June 18, 2020, 02:01:16 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 18, 2020, 01:59:59 AM
Quote from: Cain on June 18, 2020, 01:28:34 AM
That is something then, at least. I'll admit I had no idea how NZ deals with asylum, but an Australian passport does mean my situation is a very easy one by comparison (unlimited right to remain and work...once my passport is renewed I can, in theory, just fly in and start applying for jobs tomorrow).

I have learned that my Canadian citizenship and my work experience puts me in the "1" category.

But I'm not leaving, for two reasons.

1.  New Zealand doesn't need any Americans that don't need to be there, and

2.  My hate.  It's here.

The only way I can see you leaving America is to go to Hungary. Maybe Brazil.

I hate them too, but not like I hate 'em here.  I won't leave until they kill me, and I plan to be a complete pain in the arse until that happens.
Molon Lube

altered

I'm just saying, if there was sudden real sweeping change overnight and everyone turned into a model of a free and inclusive society you MIGHT jet off to Orban's fascist paradise or Bolsonaro's neo-Nazi police state. It's a hard sell, but it's possible.

I cannot IMAGINE you would ever go to Malta. Or NZ. Or Finland.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

altered

To be clear I say that only because Dok isn't Dok without some bastards to stomp on

He would never go somewhere that there's no joy in the stomping

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on June 18, 2020, 02:05:26 AM
I'm just saying, if there was sudden real sweeping change overnight and everyone turned into a model of a free and inclusive society you MIGHT jet off to Orban's fascist paradise or Bolsonaro's neo-Nazi police state. It's a hard sell, but it's possible.

I cannot IMAGINE you would ever go to Malta. Or NZ. Or Finland.

I could go to New Zealand, but after fucking with Brian Tamaki, there'd be nothing to do.

Brazil would be fun.  In a "here for a good time, not a long time" sorta way.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on June 18, 2020, 02:06:17 AM
To be clear I say that only because Dok isn't Dok without some bastards to stomp on

5 years ago I could have adjusted, but now I'm full Dok.
Molon Lube

Pergamos

Quote from: altered on June 18, 2020, 02:06:17 AM

If you think there's no bastards in Malta, New Zealand or Finland you have a MUCH rosier view of humanity than I...

altered

The dog whistling has ended. They're just bringing out bugles now. This isn't one of those slightly exaggerated things, this is something where someone did real research to send a real specific message. And that message is not possible to misinterpret.

They are coming for all of you fuckers too. I fucking said so. And here it is, proof I'm right.

https://twitter.com/averysafecat/status/1273446909957550080?s=21

Cramulus

Fox News got exerpts from John Bolton's book:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bolton-fox-news-obtains-excerpts

there's a lot of cutting stuff in there

QuoteBolton begins the memoir by dismissing "Washington's conventional wisdom on Trump's trajectory," saying it is largely "wrong" and "intellectually lazy" to conclude, as many have, that the president was held in check by an "axis of adults" during his first fifteen months in office.

That overall picture is "simplistic," Bolton writes.  In fact, the "axis of adults in many respects caused enduring problems not because they successfully managed Trump ... but because they did precisely the opposite. They didn't do nearly enough to establish order, and what they did do was so transparently self-serving and so publicly dismissive of many of Trump's very clear goals (whether worthy or unworthy) that they fed Trump's already-suspicious mindset, making it harder for those who came later to have legitimate policy exchanges with the President."

Because his "axis of adults" performed so poorly, Trump "second-guessed people's motives, saw conspiracies behind rocks, and remained stunningly uninformed on how to run the White House, let alone the huge federal government," Bolton says. The president began relying largely on "instinct" and "foreign relationships with other leaders," and as a result, "botched irretrievably" his transition and "opening year-plus" in office.

QuoteThroughout the memoir, Bolton raises various concerns about the day-to-day operations at the White House. For example, Trump chaired "weekly meetings" that "more closely resembled college food fights than careful decision making," Bolton writes. "After these sessions, had I believed in yoga, I probably could have used some."

"Trump generally had only two intelligence briefings per week, and in most of those, he spoke at greater length than the briefers, often on matters completely unrelated to subjects at hand," Bolton adds.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

The thing is, even though it was denied on what reads to be mostly procedural grounds, if they want to resubmit it they won't have time before the election.

If Trump loses, then this goes away entirely. And if not, it at least buys the Dreamers some time.

Cramulus

Quote from: altered on June 18, 2020, 06:57:03 AM
The dog whistling has ended. They're just bringing out bugles now. This isn't one of those slightly exaggerated things, this is something where someone did real research to send a real specific message. And that message is not possible to misinterpret.

They are coming for all of you fuckers too. I fucking said so. And here it is, proof I'm right.

https://twitter.com/averysafecat/status/1273446909957550080?s=21

Did you see this shit?????

https://www.mediamatters.org/facebook/facebook-let-trump-campaign-run-ads-inverted-red-triangle-infamous-nazi-symbol

Not only did the Trump campaign buy campaign ads featuring a nazi symbol... The campaign bought 88 of those ads.

Eighty. Eight.