Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on June 18, 2020, 09:11:18 PM
Quote from: altered on June 18, 2020, 06:57:03 AM
The dog whistling has ended. They're just bringing out bugles now. This isn't one of those slightly exaggerated things, this is something where someone did real research to send a real specific message. And that message is not possible to misinterpret.

They are coming for all of you fuckers too. I fucking said so. And here it is, proof I'm right.

https://twitter.com/averysafecat/status/1273446909957550080?s=21

Did you see this shit?????

https://www.mediamatters.org/facebook/facebook-let-trump-campaign-run-ads-inverted-red-triangle-infamous-nazi-symbol

Not only did the Trump campaign buy campaign ads featuring a nazi symbol... The campaign bought 88 of those ads.

Eighty. Eight.

This is Stephen Miller being cute again.
Molon Lube

Cain

Yup, I thought that when I saw the ads themselves. This just clinches it.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on June 18, 2020, 09:26:54 PM
Yup, I thought that when I saw the ads themselves. This just clinches it.

It's fucking painful when he thinks he's being clever.
Molon Lube

minuspace

"Mouth-fucked by nazi's unconscious" he is.

Cain

The first sentence of the advert has 14 words, btw.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on June 18, 2020, 11:19:05 PM
The first sentence of the advert has 14 words, btw.

Yep.  That's as Stephen Miller as it gets.
Molon Lube

altered

Considering there are active paramilitary groups showing their faces (and guns) publicly now, ""lone wolf"" shooters hitting protestors, and the concentration camps have begun to be converted into death camps according to reporting... I feel like this is a dire threat no matter who it comes from.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Johnny

The dog whistling has ended. They're just bringing out bugles now. This isn't one of those slightly exaggerated things, this is something where someone did real research to send a real specific message. And that message is not possible to misinterpret.

They are coming for all of you fuckers too. I fucking said so. And here it is, proof I'm right.

https://www.mediamatters.org/facebook/facebook-let-trump-campaign-run-ads-inverted-red-triangle-infamous-nazi-symbol

Not only did the Trump campaign buy campaign ads featuring a nazi symbol... The campaign bought 88 of those ads.

Eighty. Eight.

Update (6/18/20, 1:15 p.m. EDT): Facebook has removed the ads in question following this post and public backlash. A Facebook spokesperson told Media Matters in a statement that "We removed these posts and ads for violating our policy against organized hate. Our policy prohibits using a banned hate group's symbol to identify political prisoners without the context that condemns or discusses the symbol."

But how long were the ads running for? Cause I would assume if they didnt have backlash they would have zero problem running them.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

They were only up for a few hours in their original form. Less than 12, I think. Social media caught on very quickly to what was going on with these adverts.

minuspace

Bu🤠ns

Rumor is floating around parts of twitter that trump is getting too caught up in dementia, poll numbers tanking, so on and so forth...basically that we're going to see...a replacement. Some are saying Pence...but i'm not so sure (assuming there's any substance to the rumor anyway). I noticed Justin Amash seems to be waiting in the wings. Basically Trump...without all the White Nationalism. 

ETA: THAT IS TO SAY "OVERT" WHITE NATIONALISM

minuspace

Cramulus

Quote from: Bu🤠ns on June 26, 2020, 08:37:51 PM
Rumor is floating around parts of twitter that trump is getting too caught up in dementia, poll numbers tanking, so on and so forth...basically that we're going to see...a replacement. Some are saying Pence...but i'm not so sure (assuming there's any substance to the rumor anyway). I noticed Justin Amash seems to be waiting in the wings. Basically Trump...without all the White Nationalism. 

ETA: THAT IS TO SAY "OVERT" WHITE NATIONALISM

no fuckin way, not in a million years

Trump has too much energy invested in reelection, he cannot unplug that macihne now unless someone gives him an Out with High Ground. He's not gonna quit. I will believe it when I see it.

If I had a dollar for every post or article I've seen about how trump's goose is cooked, he's fucked now, it's all over, he can't win... I've been seeing that energy since 2015 and it's never been right.

Cain

Like Cram, I'd be surprised.

It should be noted there are some interesting "Republican against Trump" groups who are coordinating with Biden, however. As much as I'm not a fan of Biden, the things that make me not a fan of him make him very acceptable to "Never Trump" Republican centrists and his campaign has been coordinating with these groups.

I could definitely see them floating rumours of this kind, and putting forward Amash as a candidate to split the vote.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 18, 2020, 09:22:51 PM

Eighty. Eight.

This is Stephen Miller being cute again.

More or less my exact thought. Hate group "experts" were contorting themselves into pretzels over whether or not the red triangle thing was a "real" fascist dogwhistle or whatever. The fact that these turds honestly just get a big kick out of sharing their little not-secret codes just completely escapes them.

Like, years ago we were tickled pink that Colbert held up a yellow apple and said "Ewige Blumenkraft!" on-air. It didn't mean anything material, it was just funny.