News:

Nothing gets wasted around here

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

Also I am GENUINELY confused as to how he's differentiating absentee versus mail in ballots. I've been a registered absentee voter for years and how is mail in any fucking different??
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

picoli

The situation is so bad, can't believe it.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: picoli on August 01, 2020, 10:04:22 PM

I'm counting the seconds until this bot starts dumping advertisement links.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on August 01, 2020, 10:09:41 PM

I was thinking the same thing
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Johnny

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on August 01, 2020, 10:15:45 PM

Necro-replying to a post in Flim Flam from 11 years ago, feelsweird
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Juana on August 01, 2020, 10:17:47 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on August 01, 2020, 10:01:14 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/maryannechisho2/status/1289600118967005184?s=21

Secret, unlawful indefinite dissident detention
So when are we just burning the whole thing down?

I turned off "civilian" mode some time ago so really any time is fine. Even if Biden gets elected I expect a police state to continue unabated. I'm still going go vote for him against Donnie tho. Presuming of course that I am still alive and free to do so.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/07/19/wallace_fact_checks_trump_biden_has_said_nothing_about_defunding_the_police.html

"The White House never sent us evidence the Bernie-Biden platform calls for defunding or abolishing police—because there is none. It calls for increased funding for police departments--that meet certain standards. Biden has called for redirecting some police funding for related programs—like mental health counseling."

https://mazainside.com/joe-biden-condemning-anarchists-in-portland/

The statement, ostensibly issued as a knock on President Trump, ended up blowing back at Joe Biden as leftists, and even some key progressive leaders who should be backing Biden for president in November condemned Biden's statement.

Biden just issued a statement calling for the arrest of anarchists, simply for Being anarchists, which is very explicitly not illegal, wrote one progressive state candidate on Twitter.

It should also be noted that Biden and Trump have now joined together in openly calling for the political persecution of the same people.

A big old shit sandwich is the only thing on the menu for the foreseeable future.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Juana

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on August 01, 2020, 10:41:07 PM

I turned off "civilian" mode some time ago so really any time is fine. Even if Biden gets elected I expect a police state to continue unabated. I'm still going go vote for him against Donnie tho. Presuming of course that I am still alive and free to do so.
:horrormirth: I've been struggling with the feeling that I've been alarmist (even though logically know I haven't been) and this just effectively silenced that little voice. Time to really lean into those mutual aid networks!

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/07/19/wallace_fact_checks_trump_biden_has_said_nothing_about_defunding_the_police.html

"The White House never sent us evidence the Bernie-Biden platform calls for defunding or abolishing police—because there is none. It calls for increased funding for police departments--that meet certain standards. Biden has called for redirecting some police funding for related programs—like mental health counseling."

The statement, ostensibly issued as a knock on President Trump, ended up blowing back at Joe Biden as leftists, and even some key progressive leaders who should be backing Biden for president in November condemned Biden's statement.

Biden just issued a statement calling for the arrest of anarchists, simply for Being anarchists, which is very explicitly not illegal, wrote one progressive state candidate on Twitter.

It should also be noted that Biden and Trump have now joined together in openly calling for the political persecution of the same people.

A big old shit sandwich is the only thing on the menu for the foreseeable future.
Yep, much of which Biden built the scaffolding for. 🙃 He is, after all, the PATRIOT act's granddaddy.

minuspace

Quote from: The Johnny on August 01, 2020, 10:33:35 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on August 01, 2020, 10:15:45 PM

Necro-replying to a post in Flim Flam from 11 years ago, feelsweird
:lulz:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on August 01, 2020, 11:10:03 PM

:horrormirth: I've been struggling with the feeling that I've been alarmist (even though logically know I haven't been) and this just effectively silenced that little voice. Time to really lean into those mutual aid networks!

Yep, much of which Biden built the scaffolding for. 🙃 He is, after all, the PATRIOT act's granddaddy.

You seem to have confused him with John Ashcroft.
Molon Lube

Cain

The latest from the wanna-be Mafia don in the White House:

QuoteDonald Trump says the government should get a cut from the sale of TikTok's US unit if an American firm buys it.

The US president said he made a demand for a "substantial portion" of the purchase price in a phone call at the weekend with Microsoft's boss.

He also warned he will ban the app, which is owned by China's ByteDance, on 15 September if there is no deal.

ByteDance is under pressure to sell its US business after Mr Trump threatened a crackdown on Chinese tech companies.

Junkenstein

Did the Microsoft rep laugh loudly or quietly?

I guess at this point it's try anything to distract from the 150k+ dead.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 04, 2020, 01:58:18 PM
Did the Microsoft rep laugh loudly or quietly?

I guess at this point it's try anything to distract from the 150k+ dead.

Neither, most likely.  The longer I hang out where I am - and this isn't even in the same SPORT, let alone the same league as Microsoft - the more I become likely to simply smile and say "That's great.  No hard feelings.  Sue us."
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

Man alive that interview with axios should be a campaign killer. I've not laughed that hard for a while. "we're lower than.... The world". Simple follow ups like "who says that?" and "what books?" with the dumbstruck gimp gazing into the distance should be the basis for every attack ad from Biden. I don't know who set this up but they must be quitting within the week.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.