News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Bruno on August 20, 2020, 03:25:14 PM
LOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

https://apnews.com/6119b50079aaf30ba54b8e40bd36033b?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter&fbclid=IwAR3P4LIK6VLcF8VaDkmsKEP403xe6WGomIbUBRJtTDptDmOQGaL4dilhySY
:)

Trump recently criticized that section of wall after it showed signs of erosion, saying it was "only done to make me look bad," even though it was built by his supporters.
:lulz:

Is it too much to hope that Trump throws Bannon under the bus?
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

LMNO

Bruno

This calls for some unemployed day drinking!
Formerly something else...

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

I skimmed the indictment: https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/press-release/file/1306611/download

Pretty juicy stuff.  The counts are "conspiracy to commit wire fraud" and  "conspiracy to commit money laundering".

In addition to the boat, there are about a dozen bank accounts subject to forfeiture, and if some of the forfeitable assets are inaccessible, the government can seize the defendants other property.

chaotic neutral observer

As an aside, I think "Warfighter" is a lame name for a boat, especially a leisure craft.

If I had a boat, I'd give it a name like "I Can't Believe It's Not Chicken" or maybe "Satan's Bunghole".

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on August 20, 2020, 06:50:10 PM
As an aside, I think "Warfighter" is a lame name for a boat, especially a leisure craft.

If I had a boat, I'd give it a name like "I Can't Believe It's Not Chicken" or maybe "Satan's Bunghole".

But the best part is one of the indicted people arranged that stupid "boat parade" (ie, drunken regatta) in Florida last weekend.
Molon Lube

POFP

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 20, 2020, 07:22:32 PM
https://www.adn.com/politics/2020/08/18/in-rule-change-postal-service-forbids-employees-from-signing-absentee-ballots-as-witnesses/

I'm assuming the argument for this was something along the lines of:

"The Postal employees are going to be sooo overrun with work because of the mail-in voting - We'll need to take some other responsibilities off their hands."

Meanwhile, they're removing the sorting machines that take on some of the tedious manual work.

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on August 20, 2020, 03:46:39 PM
Quote from: Bruno on August 20, 2020, 03:25:14 PM
LOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

https://apnews.com/6119b50079aaf30ba54b8e40bd36033b?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter&fbclid=IwAR3P4LIK6VLcF8VaDkmsKEP403xe6WGomIbUBRJtTDptDmOQGaL4dilhySY
:)

Trump recently criticized that section of wall after it showed signs of erosion, saying it was "only done to make me look bad," even though it was built by his supporters.
:lulz:

Is it too much to hope that Trump throws Bannon under the bus?

Well, since the Bannon Bro Brigade™ is suspected to still be supporting Trump's re-election efforts via organizations I'm sure he's still got ties to (Breitbart et al), I ask the following:

Do we think Trump will?:

a.) Throw him under the bus
b.) Pardon him after the November Votes are submitted
c.) Both

People like Bannon aren't that affected by bad PR, because the people they do deals with are shady as fuck and out of open view in the first place. Throwing Bannon under the bus for this would be like throwing a rapist under the bus for robbery. And Trump's supporters are so dedicated that, on a Breitbart News article, I saw one say "I don't condone what Steve Bannon did, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CLINTON FOUNDATION??!!1".

Then again, even though Bannon is supporting Trump and others via Podcasts like War Room, I don't believe Bannon is supporting Trump because he likes Trump. I think he believes Trump to be an adept carrier of his own Accelerationist Plague. I think Bannon wants to create an Ethno-State, and to do that, he needs to accelerate the racial tension that's currently building before the Black Communities can obtain the ability to defend themselves and trigger a violent uprising that's large enough to make Whitey afraid, but small enough to let Trump smash it back down. So it's possible they don't actually still like each other, but merely have a symbiotic relationship. I guess I could see him throwing Bannon under the bus and NOT pardoning him.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Bu🤠ns

Can't pardon state crimes. https://www.nysenate.gov/newsroom/in-the-news/todd-kaminsky/ny-ends-double-jeopardy-loophole-presidential-pardons

If trump pardons, mail fraud can still be charged by the state...along with a prison sentence.

Bu🤠ns

And Trump has already began distancing himself: https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/08/20/trump-steve-bannon-indicted-border-wall-fundraising-vpx.cnn

Might be worth noting that when stone and manafort got indicted he was sympathetic (feigned) to their predicaments. He's just flat out denying responsibility this time around. But we'll see?

Cain

I seem to recall him initially distancing himself from both of them as well. When the arrests are made, it's all "I don't know them, they were only a small portion of my campaign, hangers-on really, I never liked them". When the trial's about to finish, it's "oh, this is very sad, they are being treated very unfairly by the courts".

Cain

The latter, incidentally, I would consider intimidation of the courts. I know America doesn't really have laws any more, just like the UK doesn't, but the President remarking on the appropriateness or fairness of a trial would count as intimidation and interference in my book and as a judge I would not stand for it.

POFP

Quote from: Bu🤠ns on August 20, 2020, 11:13:58 PM
Can't pardon state crimes. https://www.nysenate.gov/newsroom/in-the-news/todd-kaminsky/ny-ends-double-jeopardy-loophole-presidential-pardons

If trump pardons, mail fraud can still be charged by the state...along with a prison sentence.

Ahhh, touche. Thank you for the clarification.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.