News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Johnny on October 01, 2020, 12:30:02 AM
Quote from: Cramulus on September 30, 2020, 04:46:49 PM
Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on September 30, 2020, 04:22:03 PM
It occurs to me that watching the debate with the sound muted might have actually made it more informative (not to mention palatable).  I.e, just watching the candidates' body language and facial expressions.  Much of the audio was just low-quality noise.

I feel sorry for anyone who has to caption that.

one of the things that really kills me about these debates is that people think shit like body language and "coming off as alpha" actually matters

like, we all know on some level that Trump talking over Biden for 90 minutes doesn't actually mean anything.
But we accept that people are persuaded by arbitrary, symbolic bullshit, so when we discuss the debate, we elevate the importance of "looking good on camera"
[...]

It really matters a lot, but not in a direct face value sense, rather in the "what is this guy's communication strategy" sense.

Trump having no composure and acting like the psychotic wanna-be-alpha animal that he is, shows exactly how he acts all the time in practically every setting. At least Biden has some ammount of self-awareness when there isnt some female to sniff below the radius of social distancing measures.

Having said that, the goalposts of the debate mean nothing, what trascends is their respective aesthetics and emotional message, which brings us back to the original point, in which watching the debate without audio might be more informative than hearing it.

The SCREENCAP value alone could be astronomical. I might just do this.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Johnny

Update: I watched an hour of the debate till i couldnt bear it anymore, and i still stand by my point.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on September 30, 2020, 04:00:40 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on September 30, 2020, 12:55:39 PM
But maybe we are past the days when debates have winners and losers.

To be quite honest, I'm not sure I can remember the last time a debate changed my mind about a candidate, outside of one or two primaries.

I can.  Dole v Clinton.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/29/hhs-ad-blitz-sputters-as-celebrities-back-away-423274

QuoteThey made a list of more than 30 celebrities including Justin Timberlake, Taylor Swift and Billy Joel to appear in their ad campaign to "inspire hope" about coronavirus, but they ended up with only Dennis Quaid, CeCe Winans and Hasidic singer Shulem Lemmer.

The health department's $300 million-plus, taxpayer-funded vehicle to boost confidence in President Donald Trump's response to the pandemic is sputtering. Celebrities are refusing to participate, and staff are arraying against it. Some complain of the unstated aim of helping Trump's re-election. Others point to an ill-prepared video team and a 22-year-old political appointee who has repeatedly asserted control despite having no public health expertise, according to six people with close knowledge of the campaign and documents related to its operations.

Today has been a festival, really.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

AND YA DON'T STOP

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/01/trump-letter-food-aid-boxes-424230

QuoteThe Agriculture Department last week began mandating that millions of boxes of surplus food for needy families include a letter from President Donald Trump claiming credit for the program.

The USDA's $4 billion Farmers to Families Food Box Program has distributed more than 100 million boxes to those in need since May, with the aim of redirecting meat, dairy and produce that might normally go to restaurants and other food-service businesses. But organizations handing out the aid complain the program is now being used to bolster Trump's image a month before a high-stakes election — and some even have refused to distribute them.
Molon Lube

Cain

How the fuck Jacob Wohl is still not in prison amazes me. His entire schtick is "get caught doing stupid crimes".

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on October 02, 2020, 12:03:34 AM
How the fuck Jacob Wohl is still not in prison amazes me. His entire schtick is "get caught doing stupid crimes".

Well, he's looking at 17 years now.
Molon Lube

altered

What a /day/.

Trump and Melania tested positive for COVID.

I'm feeling a little bit of hope. Not much. Just a bit.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Johnny

Quote from: altered on October 02, 2020, 06:44:36 AM
What a /day/.

Well "its just like the flu", "im sure hell be fine".  8)
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Wizard Joseph

What a /day/.

:zombie:
Hope is aflame!!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 02, 2020, 02:41:44 AM
Well, he's looking at 17 years now.

I'm sure he will plead guilt due to affluenza and do 6 months probation at a minimum security prison.

What a /day/.

And it conveniently gives him an excuse to not attend the next Biden debate! Funny how that works out.

Cramulus