News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

I've been trying to avoid reading until its done, but please dont let this faint flicker of hope be fake.
Fantastic turnout and effort regardless of which way this lands, my faith in those willing to try and make a change is somewhat restored, I'm not really surprised trump had record numbers of votes as well, this beast was never going to be an easy one to put back in the box.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Fujikoma

Biden's in the lead in Georgia, apparently they finally got around to counting my vote.

The Johnny

So i see Biden won, and Trump isnt recognizing it.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Johnny on November 07, 2020, 10:02:34 PM

So i see Biden won, and Trump isnt recognizing it.

Yup, and his supporters are getting feisty.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Faust

I'm delighted with today, even if there is a likely civil war on the way I dont see Trump sticking around to see it
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Fujikoma

I'll be personally pleased if there's not some spate of RWNJ violence somewhere, but I expect to be dissappointed.

There is no self

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on November 08, 2020, 07:00:53 PM
Oohh dey be marchin' and dey be mad bro.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/not-over-trump-supporters-begin-191225964.html

I wonder if they're the same people who were telling Hillary supporters to "stop crying and deal with it" four years ago.

Anyway, I'm glad this is over. I can't say Biden is my ideal candidate, but at least we got rid of Trump. My only fear, apart from a possible civil war, is people thinking along the lines of "the monster is slain, all will be well" and forgetting the millions who voted once again for the monster - something the Democrats, and the left in general, should really start thinking about.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Haumavarga on November 09, 2020, 10:01:55 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on November 08, 2020, 07:00:53 PM
Oohh dey be marchin' and dey be mad bro.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/not-over-trump-supporters-begin-191225964.html

I wonder if they're the same people who were telling Hillary supporters to "stop crying and deal with it" four years ago.

Well, yeah.

QuoteAnyway, I'm glad this is over. I can't say Biden is my ideal candidate, but at least we got rid of Trump. My only fear, apart from a possible civil war, is people thinking along the lines of "the monster is slain, all will be well" and forgetting the millions who voted once again for the monster - something the Democrats, and the left in general, should really start thinking about.

And also that we have to get the senate in the midterms.
Molon Lube

Fujikoma

I've been telling people that we can't ease up just because Trump is gone, without a senate majority Mitch is just going to keep doing what he always does. We have a runoff election for two senators here in Georgia. That may just be the ticket. Also, we cannot afford to lose the house.

Junkenstein

Anyone thinking that he may have another go in 4 years? It's horrible and funny enough to happen which makes it seem likey. And a win then isn't inconceivable. Presuming he's not in jail.

When this election has both record turnouts, I can just see the left fuck it all to bits while the right froths and helps them fuck it all to bits. Then you get a republican house, Senate and presidency which enacts the most progressive policies of Pharaohs.

I'm telling you, in less than 20 years he's getting the Lenin treatment.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Fujikoma

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/09/four-seasons-total-landscaping-trump-gardening-merchandise

Get your keepsake bumper stickers today, make america rake again! Lawn and Order!

EDIT: Buy a whole box of them and place them on random bumpers in the wal-mart parking lot.

Bruno

Concerning the Parler/MeWe rapture going on:

I'm thinking the left should leave them be and let them build their little ultimate echo chamber so that, with no common enemy to rally against, they will start to turn on each other.
Formerly something else...

Fujikoma

The problem I have with that is that I have loved ones that would be on the other end of that echo chamber... I do not want some echo chamber of hate, but hoping it magically evaporates is a bit much.

Pergamos

Quote from: Fujikoma on November 10, 2020, 04:24:10 AM
The problem I have with that is that I have loved ones that would be on the other end of that echo chamber... I do not want some echo chamber of hate, but hoping it magically evaporates is a bit much.

The way to get rid of echo chambers is start shouting dissonant things, you just have to figure out how to do so in a way that won't get you silenced.  Follow your friends and family into the echo chambers and help them resonate differently.