General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 22, 2016, 04:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fujikoma

Is anybody else at least slightly worried that all these vote cases seem to be getting rammed through just to fail so they can be brought up in a higher court? *eyes the conservative majority on the supreme court warily*

Bruno

I'm more worried about what he's doing to sabotage the country just to make Biden look bad.
Formerly something else...

The Johnny

Quote from: Bruno on November 19, 2020, 07:47:01 AM
I'm more worried about what he's doing to sabotage the country just to make Biden look bad.

I heard he pulled out troops from Middle East without warning or chance to prepare for it, so i suppose some people are gonna die... i dont see how he can pin that on Biden tho.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

POFP

The Supreme Court's generally staying out of the cases, leaving them as States' Rights issues (Never thought I'd say "States' Rights" in a positive context...). They acted on one if I recall, and it was a minor change to the proceedings that didn't actually affect the outcome of the race or whether States could certify.

What he's doing in the Middle East and to hamper Biden's transition is definitely worse than these court cases. He's pulling troops out of the Middle East and simultaneously trying to sell F-35 Fighter Jets to the United Arab Emirates, who have been involved in plenty of conflicts over the years, and aren't exactly friends with Iran, who we are currently a bit tense with.

He's either stupid and just sees this as a money grab (Kushner's been pushing for this deal, so I'm assuming the whole family benefits somehow), or he's sabataging Middle East peace talks (Specifically with Iran if I recall? Someone correct me if I'm wrong) to make Biden's job harder out of spite. Or, he sees it as a two-for-one deal. My money's on the latter.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

chaotic neutral observer

A rusty Giuliani returns to the courtroom on Trump's behalf  (AP)

"In the plaintiffs' counties, they were denied the opportunity to have an unobstructed observation and ensure opacity," Giuliani said. "I'm not quite sure I know what opacity means. It probably means you can see, right?"

"It means you can't," said U.S. District Judge Matthew Brann.

"Big words, your honor," Giuliani said.

:lulz:
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

POFP

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on November 19, 2020, 02:24:54 PM
A rusty Giuliani returns to the courtroom on Trump's behalf  (AP)

"In the plaintiffs' counties, they were denied the opportunity to have an unobstructed observation and ensure opacity," Giuliani said. "I'm not quite sure I know what opacity means. It probably means you can see, right?"

"It means you can't," said U.S. District Judge Matthew Brann.

"Big words, your honor," Giuliani said.

:lulz:

Omfg  :lulz:
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Fujikoma

Fujikoma

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 19, 2020, 06:48:34 PM
Quote from: Fujikoma on November 19, 2020, 06:29:00 PM
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/19/politics/gop-michigan-results-trump/index.html

Welp, looks like the next step may be a doozy.

Except that it isn't.

https://apnews.com/article/detroit-county-election-certification-6ab95edd3373ecc9607381175d6f3328

Quote"There is no legal mechanism for them to rescind their vote. Their job is done, and the next step in the process is for the Board of State Canvassers to meet and certify," said Tracy Wimmer, a spokeswoman for the Michigan secretary of state.

The four-member state board, which is expected to meet Monday, is split with two Democrats and two Republicans — the same makeup as the Wayne County board.

Hmm, two republicans on the state board, too. What are the odds they lack the integrity and spine to stand up to Trump?

Bruno

The trumpists are making a big deal about this:

https://www.supremecourt.gov/about/circuitAssignments.aspx

No idea what it means, if anything really.
Formerly something else...

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-mitch-mcconnell-endorses-biden-b1774852.html

QuoteIn an early-morning tweet, Mr Trump shared a news article that featured comments by his supporters criticising the Kentucky lawmaker, who on Tuesday night said the "electoral college has spoken" as it recognised Mr Biden's win.

One of the comments in the piece, re-tweeted by the outgoing president, 74, questions Alabama-born Mr McConnell's allegiance to the United States of America. 

"Mitch McConnell, @senatemajldr is NOT a Patriot," reads one of the comments. "Ask his wife. She knows," it adds, before going on to claim that the 78-year-old lawmaker is "willing to sell America to get what he wants". 
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cramulus

QuoteThe person who has the worst job in Washington, according to multiple administration officials: the incoming head of the Justice Department, Jeffrey Rosen.

The consensus is he has no earthly idea the insanity he is in for.
The next month will be the longest of his life.

:lulz: :lulz: