News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

Welcome to Discordia

Started by Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard, November 23, 2016, 03:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

And the bottom half of the Dunning/Kruger Effect.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Salty

This whole thread is really sort of a lesson in and of itself. Welcome to Discordia, indeed.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Pergamos

Quote from: Just Alty, Please on December 01, 2016, 02:36:27 AM
This whole thread is really sort of a lesson in and of itself. Welcome to Discordia, indeed.

And it has pictures, which helps with lessons.

Junkenstein

:lulz:

Glad it's only you though, the rest of us are in the top quarter of it.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 01, 2016, 02:30:30 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on December 01, 2016, 02:27:48 AM
You've completely bought into the Eristic Illusion and you'll do and say anything to protect it, even if it makes you look like a fool. And it often does.   

Newsfeed

I'm torn between that and "I'm sorry I made an account here but I can't seem to leave."

If it's to be only one, the second one. It's more to the point.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on December 01, 2016, 02:39:55 AM

I am the Kruger power-bottom.  Fear me.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

How does it go?  "Something something programmed to receive."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 01, 2016, 02:49:24 AM

How does it go?  "Something something programmed to receive."

You can rage-flounce
Anytime you like
But you can never
Leeeeeaaaaavvvvve!

Wellcome to
Principia Discordia!

Such an awful place
Bring your trolling face

They're laughing at you
@ Principia Dicordia

Dig your heels (dig those heels in)
It's time to beginnnn!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 01, 2016, 02:46:25 AM

Been a while since these have been issued.

:mittens:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 01, 2016, 04:16:22 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 01, 2016, 02:46:25 AM

Been a while since these have been issued.

:mittens:

Followd by a :potd:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on December 01, 2016, 12:39:49 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 30, 2016, 11:23:47 PM
I'd just like to take a moment to point out that no matter how much unfunny eric has whined about me not accepting his vague blanket apology to the board, he never actually apologized to me.

I mean, since we're all really the same person, that's probably only a technicality though.

Noticed RP disappeared again. Pattern confirmed. Even if it's actually a different guy it's been almost impossible to tell them apart by methodology.

Yeah, for all practical purposes they are the same thing. RP might be fractionally smarter, but also fractionally more delusional.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 01, 2016, 10:23:57 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on December 01, 2016, 12:39:49 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 30, 2016, 11:23:47 PM
I'd just like to take a moment to point out that no matter how much unfunny eric has whined about me not accepting his vague blanket apology to the board, he never actually apologized to me.

I mean, since we're all really the same person, that's probably only a technicality though.

Noticed RP disappeared again. Pattern confirmed. Even if it's actually a different guy it's been almost impossible to tell them apart by methodology.

Yeah, for all practical purposes they are the same thing. RP might be fractionally smarter, but also fractionally more delusional.

>call the election right
>person who called the election wrong calls me delusional

Junkenstein

Because correctly calling a coin toss is equal to infallibility.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Quote from: Junkenstein on December 01, 2016, 10:35:06 PM
Because correctly calling a coin toss is equal to infallibility.

I never said infallability, its just its ironic that someone who was completely deluded about the election is calling someone who was right delusional. And its a coin toss now? Trump won by a landslide, meanwhile most of you were absolutely dead certain that he was going to get destroyed. Up to the day of the election you were all insisting that Trump didnt even have a chance.