News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

Generic split from AI/political threads

Started by Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard, November 28, 2016, 03:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 28, 2016, 03:04:58 AM
If you're going to split posts any time someone merely offers an alternative point of view, then you may as well actively delete them.

That is up to the thread author and - to a lesser extent - the admins.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 29, 2016, 12:01:27 AM
Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 28, 2016, 10:01:47 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 28, 2016, 02:37:55 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on November 28, 2016, 11:01:51 AM
Standing request, can this and further posts from this tool get split elsewhere? I'd rather not shit up this thread with nonsense, he's already got enough of them on the go for that.

And as I'm apparently off ignore, hey guy, fuck you and fuck off.

Done.

Wow. Insular as fuck.

You don't seem to realize how people work.

Coalescing into toxic, like-minded groups who reject and mislabel information that does not conform to a consensual but unacknowledged bias?

Yeah, I know how people work. Or rather, I know how the people here work. I regret ever creating an account.
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 29, 2016, 12:16:33 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 29, 2016, 12:01:27 AM
Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 28, 2016, 10:01:47 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 28, 2016, 02:37:55 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on November 28, 2016, 11:01:51 AM
Standing request, can this and further posts from this tool get split elsewhere? I'd rather not shit up this thread with nonsense, he's already got enough of them on the go for that.

And as I'm apparently off ignore, hey guy, fuck you and fuck off.

Done.

Wow. Insular as fuck.

You don't seem to realize how people work.

Coalescing into toxic, like-minded groups who reject and mislabel information that does not conform to a consensual but unacknowledged bias?

Yeah, I know how people work. Or rather, I know how the people here work. I regret ever creating an account.

I imagine it might seem like that's what happened.  If maybe you had something the size of a lemon growing on the part of your brain that tells you which way to put your pants on in the morning.

And you know where the door is.  There is precisely nothing keeping you here, aside from your bruised ego.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 29, 2016, 12:34:02 AM
I imagine it might seem like that's what happened.  If maybe you had something the size of a lemon growing on the part of your brain that tells you which way to put your pants on in the morning.

"I'm sure it must seem like we're all ignorant and rude assholes." *proceeds to be a rude and ignorant asshole*

Hm. Yeah. You know, when you say things like that, it really is easy to understand how it might seem like that's exactly what happened.

And you know where the door is.  There is precisely nothing keeping you here, aside from your bruised ego.

My self-esteem hasn't been bruised in the least. I have it on good authority elsewhere that it's common knowledge that every discussion here eventually devolves into one of two things: autofellating slacktivism, or fiery wreckage.
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 29, 2016, 01:00:57 AM

"I'm sure it must seem like we're all ignorant and rude assholes." *proceeds to be a rude and ignorant asshole*

Hm. Yeah. You know, when you say things like that, it really is easy to understand how it might seem like that's exactly what happened.

My self-esteem hasn't been bruised in the least. I have it on good authority elsewhere that it's common knowledge that every discussion here eventually devolves into one of two things: autofellating slacktivism, or fiery wreckage.

Accurate.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 29, 2016, 01:02:50 AM

Accurate.

:lulz: :lulz: Guess he didn't believe the hype.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Vanadium Gryllz

"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Freeky

Q. G. Pennyworth

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

I've gotta agree wih Elvis here about you all being in many regards closed minded. Based on he fact that all of you refuse to put forth any sort of intelligible argument and instead rely on the automatic gainsaying of anything the other side says I can only conclude that either you must not be able to back up anything you say and/or are arguing from emotion rather than reason. You're actually starting to convince me that the left may be almost as bad as the right.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on November 29, 2016, 08:12:01 PM
I've gotta agree wih Elvis here about you all being in many regards closed minded.

I gotta remind you that my ass needs kissing. 

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on November 29, 2016, 08:12:01 PM
You're actually starting to convince me that the left may be almost as bad as the right.

Which, oddly enough, was the point of view I was attempting to share in the post that sparked the fuse.

Unfortunately, "the left is as bad as the right" sounds an awful lot like "the right is as good as the left".

To pigeons.

Oh, but wait, the real problem is that what I was saying wasn't fun. Because all of the other threads in this section are a hoot.

:notfunny: :tldr2: :flush: :winner:

Let's face it: if you can't handle living in an America where Donald Trump is president, then you are a poor Discordian. And people call me a fragile butterfly!
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on November 29, 2016, 02:18:09 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 29, 2016, 01:02:50 AM

Accurate.

:lulz: :lulz: Guess he didn't believe the hype.

They never do.  They kick in the door, hollering out how we are supposed to be REALLY REAL DISCORDIANS, and then they get all butthurt when we laugh at them and then they never, ever shut up again.