News:

PD.com: Ten minutes of your life that you can never get back.

Main Menu

RP still not getting it

Started by xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed), December 05, 2016, 10:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sung Low on December 08, 2016, 01:05:01 AM
Is he too far gone?

The moment you put your toe in fascism, it's too late.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Sung Low

Hmm, well I'd still like to here what he says.

I'm sure he'll oblige.
The d key has chosen to absent itself

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Sung Low on December 08, 2016, 01:41:26 AM
Hmm, well I'd still like to here what he says.

I'm sure he'll oblige.

Yeah, but you really should read the convo from his posts so far. He's a cracked cup full of wonders!  :roll:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Sung Low

Indeed.

I guess I'm just satisfying myself that I see through that kinda nonsense.
The d key has chosen to absent itself

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

He's become too obsessed with being right and justifying himself without critical thought.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 08, 2016, 12:54:39 AM

"The end justifies the means."

Heard that joke before.

And yall seem to have no problem telling that joke yourselves. Apparently multiplying foreign wars with massive civilian casualties and economic devastation from free trade are just the price we have to pay for gay marriage. Dont dare vote against those things or youre a bigot! And anyone who claims to care about those things is just a bigot in disguise!

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 08, 2016, 04:17:44 AM
He's become too obsessed with being right and justifying himself without critical thought.

Wherein critical thought is dropping all of my existing beliefs without any counterargument against them, because heck youre all just so darn smart! I mean have you seen some of your one liners? Speaking of. You have yet to actually add anything to any discussion about all of this at all. My top Nigel moments so far have been,

1) Declaring that you dont have to learn anything from losing the election because the evil white men are all going to die off.(And be replaced with conservative christian working class hispanics, a third of which voted for Trump and more of which vote Republican each election. Totally going to work out how you planned.)

2) Not understand how the electoral college works. (Guise we won the popular vote! So what it was because of densely populated urban areas and that we lost ground in important swing states. Popular Vote!)

3) Derailing a thread for I think it was 5 pages based on a misunderstanding and then trying to save face by bragging about your degrees.

Quote from: Sung Low on December 08, 2016, 12:35:31 AM
I'm not really politically minded at the moment and never really have been. Nor have I been engaging my brain much over the last few years, so my parsing of this might well be off.

Ron, it seems to me that you would have me align with bigots.

Youre all aligned with Bigots too. They just smile and dont use slurs for the people they blow up. Trump is apparently some kind of monster for wanting to deport illegals but, oh wait:
http://www.snopes.com/obama-deported-more-people/

He also wants a database of muslims! Lucky for him Obama already has one. Only its not just muslims, its everyone! Inclusion! Diversity!

Trump is the president America deserves. And by America I dont mean "those stupid hicks that voted for him." I mean you all too. He isnt going to do anything that Obama hasnt done or Hillary Clinton wouldnt have, hes just not going to sugar coat it. Its going to be a Naked Lunch. Everyone will see whats really wriggling on the end of their fork.

If I'm understanding you correctly you do not believe that you yourself are a bigot but that this a disenfranchised section of society that you can manipulate under the guise of solidarity into guiding your country's political system into a terminal state. From this terminal state, your particular form of political ideology will then slowly reveal itself, unrecognized but willingly welcomed by the general populace.

From here it gets a bit muddy for me.

It seems to me that this would just let in a more insidious form of bigotry, whatever you feel your intentions for the betterment of your nation might be.

I think that when Fascism, which as previously stated will be a bipartisan effort, comes it will mostly follow the will of the silent majority. By spreading Ecological awareness among the right, the primary but not exclusive home of climate denial ect, we can assure an Eco-Consensus and thus Eco-Fascism when fascism does come. And even if Trump does succeed in staving off fascism for who knows how long, an Eco-Consensus is a good deal.

And no I dont think Im or anyone in the alt-right is planting the seeds of future fascism, except indirectly by inspiring thinkpieces about how "Democracy has failed." Fascism is just what late stage democracy turns into. It wont need thinkpieces about fascism or any existing ideas of fascism to come about. It just happens. The original fascists movements didnt share notes, they were all just reacting to the same circumstances. The funny thing is that fascism is so commonly used as a snarl word that theres a good chance that American fascism will sell itself as being anti-fascist, and mean it.

And again, there is no need to guide us into a terminal state. Accelerationists fail to understand that no one could ever intentionally destroy things as well a idiots do accidentally. We are already right on track to fascism. No need to speed up a natural process.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on December 08, 2016, 05:28:36 AM

Heard that joke before.

And yall seem to have no problem telling that joke yourselves. Apparently multiplying foreign wars with massive civilian casualties and economic devastation from free trade are just the price we have to pay for gay marriage. Dont dare vote against those things or youre a bigot! And anyone who claims to care about those things is just a bigot in disguise!

I know engaging with you is a mistake, but I am really sick of this one. This argument implies belief that Trump is not going to increase foreign wars and civilian casualties, as well as not tanking our economy. Dude is already failing at international politics and he hasn't even been sworn in yet. His plans for the economy will tank what's left of the middle class, line the pockets of the super rich, and make poverty a death sentence. Hillary was not good, but there is not one position where Trump was actually better. Not. One. ON TOP of being an absolutely unprepared buffoon with bad policy ideas where he had policy ideas at all, and ON TOP of being so dangerously unstable that we have to worry about him starting wars at 3am because someone hurt his feelings, he ALSO promotes an agenda of gay bashing, racism, xenophobia, and anti-semitism.

It's not like he's some isolationist anti-war messiah come to save us from Neo-Liberalism. He's a shit sandwich and bigotry is just the chunky bits mixed in.

AND BEFORE YOU HOLLER TPP ONE MORE FUCKING TIME: Hillary backpedaled on it before she was running against Trump, and I was out hollering about it before this election ever happened. Trump didn't kill it, it was already dead. I sincerely hope you and everyone you agree with get AIDS and die.

Junkenstein

On the plus side, there's so much homophobia kicking around the upcoming administration it's going to be even funnier when they're caught with rent boys etc.

You're not going to get to February before you've got at least 2 upstanding Christian defenders of traditional marriage publicly apologising for getting caught buggering boys and explaining how they're totally NOT GAY. There will probably be a huge pray the gay away rally by mid-march.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

LMNO

Incidentally,

Quote from: RPBy spreading Ecological awareness among the right, the primary but not exclusive home of climate denial ect, we can assure an Eco-Consensus and thus Eco-Fascism when fascism does come.

How's that working out for you?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on December 08, 2016, 12:38:13 PM
Incidentally,

Quote from: RPBy spreading Ecological awareness among the right, the primary but not exclusive home of climate denial ect, we can assure an Eco-Consensus and thus Eco-Fascism when fascism does come.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Heard that joke before.

You think Trump is anti-war?

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 08, 2016, 04:16:19 PM

Heard that joke before.

Also... what's your basis for apparently being against gay marriage while getting a spiritual cuck from what you THINK is Kek?

Do you think still think about Jesus while you're getting your African Power fix?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Incidentally,

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Incidentally,

And Hillary Clinton thought that the anti-fracking movement was a Russian conspiracy. Climate Change denial, if not in words in practice, is a bipartisan consensus.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 08, 2016, 04:16:19 PM

He openly campaigned on abandoning Regime change. Hes said some really INFLAMATORY, SHOCKING, things about fighting ISIS but you all forgave Obama for continuing the wars he inherited so Ill give him a pass on that.

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on December 08, 2016, 12:10:20 PM

I know engaging with you is a mistake, but I am really sick of this one. This argument implies belief that Trump is not going to increase foreign wars and civilian casualties,

Hes openly campaigned on a platform of decreasing foreign wars. Against someone who not only had already played a role in increasing foreign wars but planned on doing it more with Syria. Hes probably not going to cut down on Civilian Casualties in our existing wars but again, this is a bipartisan consensus it only bothers you when he does it because he isnt POLITE about it.

Quoteas well as not tanking our economy. Dude is already failing at international politics and he hasn't even been sworn in yet.

How? Theres a link in this thread that he planned that Taiwan call for months. Of course he pissed off China. If he honestly plans on cracking down on free trade then hes already going to make enemies with them. Thats why I consider the Taiwan call a good thing, it along with him killing the TPP in the water:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xX_KaStFT8&feature=share

signal that hes serious about killing free trade.

His plans for the economy will tank what's left of the middle class, line the pockets of the super rich, and make poverty a death sentence. Hillary was not good, but there is not one position where Trump was actually better. Not. One. ON TOP of being an absolutely unprepared buffoon with bad policy ideas where he had policy ideas at all, and ON TOP of being so dangerously unstable that we have to worry about him starting wars at 3am because someone hurt his feelings,

Hillary wanted "completely free trade and open borders." HOW IS THAT MORE COMPETENT THAN THIS?

Quotehe ALSO promotes an agenda of gay bashing, racism, xenophobia, and anti-semitism.

It's not like he's some isolationist anti-war messiah come to save us from Neo-Liberalism. He's a shit sandwich and bigotry is just the chunky bits mixed in.

AND BEFORE YOU HOLLER TPP ONE MORE FUCKING TIME: Hillary backpedaled on it before she was running against Trump, and I was out hollering about it before this election ever happened. Trump didn't kill it, it was already dead. I sincerely hope you and everyone you agree with get AIDS and die.

EXCEPT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFNakTPaGlw

Now if you all werent too holy to read Wikileaks, as most of America wasnt, you would have known this. Its what created this little gem:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/23/opinion/campaign-stops/why-hillary-clinton-needs-to-be-two-faced.html

Trump may turn out to be full of shit on his opposition to Regime Change and Free Trade(On the Free Trade at least he seems to be making token efforts to keep his word). It is, absolutely insane, to expect people to vote for someone who is radically pro-free trade, against someone who does nothing but rail against it, because of "bigotry."

"I know youre barely making it as it is but you need to vote for the person who has already tanked the economy with NAFTA and who is planning on tanking it more with the TPP over the person who promises to end free trade. Because BIGOTRY."

"You should vote against your own survival because gay marriage."

The lesson you need to learn is that people, this is not just white people, care more about feeding their families than any of your social justice pet causes. This doesnt mean that you have to abandon those causes, but that fact that so many on the left are construing any attempt to reach out to the working class as just this is interesting. It means that you have to stop being the party of not being able to feed your family.

But heres the thing. By and large you all(the left not PD) dont want to. The reason is simple. You are not harmed by the economic policies that destroyed the working class. You by and large benefited from them. Of course, thats obviously not why you support them. Its just a coincidence that free trade agreements that gut manufacturing and other labor intensive jobs while flooding money into capital intensive labor(things you need a degree to do) and investment(Check out my startup. Its instagram but for dick pics) are supported by the same people who benefit from these economic changes. People who then explain to the same people who have been screwed by these policies that they are evil bigoted racist homophobes for daring to vote against these policies. Then privately fantasize about those people just dying off already(Nigel shout out!).

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/432796/working-class-whites-have-moral-responsibilities-defense-kevin-williamson

The truth about these dysfunctional, downscale communities is that they deserve to die. Economically, they are negative assets. Morally, they are indefensible. Forget all your cheap theatrical Bruce Springsteen crap. Forget your sanctimony about struggling Rust Belt factory towns and your conspiracy theories about the wily Orientals stealing our jobs. Forget your goddamned gypsum, and, if he has a problem with that, forget Ed Burke, too. The white American underclass is in thrall to a vicious, selfish culture whose main products are misery and used heroin needles

Obviously the reason these people didnt vote for you is because they hate your freedoms.

And yes. It is generally a mistake to engage with someone who actually knows what theyre talking about when you do not. The wikileaks on the TPP were right there for you to read. But no, youre a SMART PERSONtm, why would you need to seek new information on a topic you already know everything about?