News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

Kicking the Paranoia Trip

Started by Goddess Eris, December 17, 2016, 07:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goddess Eris

My least favorite but most heavily imprinted trip in this lifetime is the paranoia trip! Ya Goddess got PTSD and my Obama appointed counselor doesn't know the first thing about the Eight Circuits. What's a gyal to do??!

ITT post your personal best methods for kicking the trip

Junkenstein

The soothing voice of Robert sapolsky.

Seriously.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Goddess Eris

Quote from: Junkenstein on December 17, 2016, 07:22:40 PM

Seriously.
Thanks, never heard of him but I'll check out his work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Q. G. Pennyworth

Sung Low

The d key has chosen to absent itself

Sung Low

and Yoga,

they're more lost you are.

Vanadium Gryllz

"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Salty

I don't really have a method for addressing this except to quit the booze and take as much quiet alone time as I need. It's good to remember that most people don't want to hurt you. Kinda hard when people you care about do so.

I struggle with this.

Weed helps in some ways, makes it worse in others.

Calm music is good. Anything that reminds me how pleasant the world can be, given the chance.

Playing an instrument helps as well.

Stability and routine are paramount, and weeding out the people who aren't good for you in that way.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Freeky

This guy's innocence and love for humanity and stuff is a balm to my bruised, battered soul.

Ziegejunge

If you have access to a doggie and/or a friendly cat, make some lap-time with them. This helps me, personally, to the point that my wife is suggesting I look into registering one of our dogs as an emotional support animal. I don't know if I'll go that far, but both our dogs are dedicated lap dogs and my anxiety levels have diminished considerably since adding them to the family.

Faust

Sounds like the you have the first step down, when I'm fine, I know it's just a silly fault of the mind. When I get paranoid no one can convince me otherwise even if they point it out to me in detail.

So yeah that's not really advice as I have no idea.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on December 17, 2016, 07:22:40 PM

Seriously.

It is really amazing how pleasant he is to listen to. His voice just sort of says "Hey, everything's going to be OK" even when he's talking about how much we've fucked ourselves.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

What helps me is engaging my mind in thinking about something difficult and interesting.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sung Low

I reiterate to myself that I am good and that I do share genuine compassion with other people.

They would have you be afraid and fearful because they are afraid and fearful. There's always going to be somebody on top of them, the only person on top of you is you.

minuspace

Depending on the angle, maybe I'd wait to take more, and then reprint when I'm ready.  I'd like to remind myself that my mind is not as fragile as it's pretending to be.  Then, if possible, slowly transition the pattern into understanding it as a particularly irritating koan.