News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

Kicking the Paranoia Trip

Started by Goddess Eris, December 17, 2016, 07:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Sung Low on December 20, 2016, 04:06:23 AM
I reiterate to myself that I am good and that I do share genuine compassion with other people.

They would have you be afraid and fearful because they are afraid and fearful. There's always going to be somebody on top of them, the only person on top of you is you.
Sic
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

NeonWytch

I normally put on a good podcast (If I may suggest, these good old talkboys over at https://soundcloud.com/coolgamesinc ) and plunge into some kind of creative project, whether that's drawing, or learning cad software, or making shitty, shitty, photoshop edits of the people I love and care about.
A wise man once said "What was that? I couldn't hear you."

axod

If the weather ain't inclement, forest bathing.
just this

minuspace

That can cut both ways, with maejikque being what you make of it. Instead of providing a conditioned response that attempts to subvert it's cause, simply identifying a thought pattern as paranoid can interrupt it's connexion to the subconscious. If you want, interpret the process as "getting to know" your deamons. It works besser than banishment. Too confrontational that is.

The Good Reverend Roger

The only mahjgickque I need is the realization that, even if They are out to get me, they have had a half a century do try it and have not succeeded.  So either they aren't really out to get me, or they're so incompetent that they may as well not be.

On a social level, I just recognize that a friend is just someone who has not yet had sufficient motivation to fuck you over.  That's not paranoia, because paranoia is a state of delusion, and the fact is that everyone has their price.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 23, 2017, 06:47:23 AM
The only mahjgickque I need is the realization that, even if They are out to get me, they have had a half a century do try it and have not succeeded.  So either they aren't really out to get me, or they're so incompetent that they may as well not be.

On a social level, I just recognize that a friend is just someone who has not yet had sufficient motivation to fuck you over.  That's not paranoia, because paranoia is a state of delusion, and the fact is that everyone has their price.

That first part is both the reason I can sleep at all and also why I factor "police interfering" into travel of any significant distance. It's pleasant when it's not needed but I'm pretty accustomed to it now.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

minuspace

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 23, 2017, 09:31:59 PM

That first part is both the reason I can sleep at all and also why I factor "police interfering" into travel of any significant distance. It's pleasant when it's not needed but I'm pretty accustomed to it now.

It's like it must feel to know how much more than cost the compromised are worth.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 23, 2017, 09:31:59 PM

I am a white male in Arizona, so I don't have to worry about that unless I do something truly grotesque.  Not even kidding.  If I was brown, I would have to budget the same amount as you do plus maybe 10 years in the joint somewhere in the middle.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.