News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

Pataphysics

Started by themanwhocreatedjazz, December 18, 2016, 07:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themanwhocreatedjazz

Just wondering whether we have any 'Pataphysicians or at least any Alfred Jarry fans here?

PopeGillies

heard of him. Never quite got what 'pataphysics proposed or meant really, but it was cool looking at it. I think maybe now I sort of get some of it in context. It kinda is like discordianism. The clinamen and syzygzy to me mean that they are different recurring patterns that sometimes occur in a chaotic system. Lead me to surrealism too, and that was a trip.

But since everyone answers differently whenever I ask, I'll ask you: What is 'Pataphysics?
"Fuck Bitches, Get Money" -Nietzsche

hooplala

Quote from: themanwhocreatedjazz on December 18, 2016, 07:28:01 PM
Just wondering whether we have any 'Pataphysicians or at least any Alfred Jarry fans here?

Yes.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Quote from: PopeGillies on January 08, 2017, 02:12:08 AM
heard of him. Never quite got what 'pataphysics proposed or meant really, but it was cool looking at it. I think maybe now I sort of get some of it in context. It kinda is like discordianism. The clinamen and syzygzy to me mean that they are different recurring patterns that sometimes occur in a chaotic system. Lead me to surrealism too, and that was a trip.

But since everyone answers differently whenever I ask, I'll ask you: What is 'Pataphysics?

Yes.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

As far as I can tell it makes fun of stupid things, which means that I like it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."