News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

Manning/Assange thread

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, January 17, 2017, 10:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

Manning will be released May 17th 2017, rather than serving out her full bullshit sentence. Julian Assange said earlier he'd surrender to the US if they let Manning out.

Official popcorn thread.

Faust

I'm glad that Manning is being released. Assange wont do anything, he said he would if Manning was pardoned, but the sentence was only commuted, the distinction is that Chelsea is still considered guilty, where as a pardon would have vindicated her.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Faust on January 17, 2017, 11:21:03 PM
I'm glad that Manning is being released. Assange wont do anything, he said he would if Manning was pardoned, but the sentence was only commuted, the distinction is that Chelsea is still considered guilty, where as a pardon would have vindicated her.

Does not make him less of a bitch.

Faust

I was wrong, the articles I read were either paraphrased, or I remembered it wrong. Well that's interesting, I don't think Assange will have the conviction to his words, though I wonder how he will welsh out of it.

"If Obama grants Manning clemency Assange will agree to US extradition despite clear unconstitutionality of DoJ case", the US hasn't made an extradition request as the pretence of his charges was always sexual abuse, if they bring it now it justifies why he is hiding in the Ecuadorian embassy, either way he is likely to stay where he is.

I don't like the man, though I don't really want to see him in the US.

Faust

It also occurs to me that he wouldn't make such a claim unless he knew there was little risk of him going to jail, that perhaps a pardon has already been negotiated with, with the incoming president.

Cain

As you say Faust, America has not officially charged him with any crimes.  Only Sweden wants him extradited, which he continues to refuse to do.