News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

When scientists troll

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, December 31, 2016, 03:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

An acquaintance of an acquaintance submitted this to one of those bullshit predatory journals, and they published it.

:lulz:

http://medcraveonline.com/JNHFE/JNHFE-05-00183.pdf
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Quoteanal sensations have been documented
to  be  quite  different  based  on  multiple  factors,  including  stomach  pH,  overall  nerve 
desensitization,  height,  weight,  and  salsa  preference.

This is great!
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on December 31, 2016, 06:37:41 AM
Quoteanal sensations have been documented
to  be  quite  different  based  on  multiple  factors,  including  stomach  pH,  overall  nerve 
desensitization,  height,  weight,  and  salsa  preference.

This is great!

I can't help thinking it must have been incredibly fun to write, too. I bet they laughed so hard.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

whenhellfreezes

Bonus your acquaintance of an acquaintance can put published author on his/her CV.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: whenhellfreezes on December 31, 2016, 09:29:08 PM
Bonus your acquaintance of an acquaintance can put published author on his/her CV.

I am fairly certain she already does. :)

Trivial

Is this the same journal that published something made with autocomplete?
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

MMIX

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on January 02, 2017, 09:45:28 PM
Is this the same journal that published something made with autocomplete?

Probably not, but almost certainly a clone thereof.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on January 02, 2017, 09:47:30 PM
http://www.bartneck.de/2016/10/20/ios-just-got-a-paper-on-nuclear-physics-accepted-at-a-scientific-conference/

:lulz: wow.

And these pay-to-play organizations also give shysters and charlatans an avenue for "publishing" their disreputable research papers, affording them the veneer of credibility to the vast majority of the public who have no way of knowing any better.

MithridatesXXIII

"fed them to 11 undergraduates"

I needed that laughter